Runnymede S-OFF

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 306

Post Reply Email Thread
26th July 2012, 11:12 AM |#191  
Flag World
Thanks Meter: 12

More
It seems that you have to complete the process having your rom fully loaded and not in bootloader. It sorts out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dunnymede For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dunnymede Ad-Free
27th July 2012, 02:01 AM |#192  
Flag Tripoli
Thanks Meter: 7

More
i tried it on my XL but it still S-ON ...

HBOOT 1.28.0004
27th July 2012, 05:44 AM |#193  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 987

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdewa

i tried it on my XL but it still S-ON ...

HBOOT 1.28.0004

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=60

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
27th July 2012, 06:25 PM |#194  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Hey dude in what language did you write you code... I keep getting errors when i try to compile it.. i really need need this tool to rip the signature.. i tried unlimited.io modified hboots and it bypassed signature for the first time but stopped while updating radio image.. thnx in advance...
30th July 2012, 08:53 AM |#195  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 987

Donate to Me
More
hm... was just playing around with the device..

flashed stock hboot (unlocked)

flashed stock rom (un-rooted) via recovery

booted into recovery & did adb shell & it gave me # prompt... any idea why?? as the rom is not rooted

next i tried to flash fardjadb's hboot via fastboot & it failed..

then i came back to recovery & did this:

adb push fardjadb_runnymede.nb0 /tmp

adb shell dd if=/tmp/fardjadb_runnymede.nb0 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18

adb reboot bootloader

and guess what.. fardjabd's hboot was flashed.. did the same procedure from scratch for unlimited.io hboot's & worked the same way..

actually the question is that installation of fardjabd's hboot required stock recovery & it did some rooting with tacoroot..

unlimited.io guys say that if you dont have fardjabd's hboot installed then u need to temp root & then flash their hboot..

BUT for me with an un-rooted ROM, stock unlocked HBOOT & a custom recovery.. the procedure worked..

anyone who can explain this..? .. as it will be helpful for the script i m making
The Following User Says Thank You to fshami For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fshami Ad-Free
25th August 2012, 04:44 PM |#196  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fshami

booted into recovery & did adb shell & it gave me # prompt... any idea why?? as the rom is not rooted

adb reboot bootloader

and guess what.. fardjabd's hboot was flashed.. did the same procedure from scratch for unlimited.io hboot's & worked the same way..

actually the question is that installation of fardjabd's hboot required stock recovery & it did some rooting with tacoroot..

unlimited.io guys say that if you dont have fardjabd's hboot installed then u need to temp root & then flash their hboot..

BUT for me with an un-rooted ROM, stock unlocked HBOOT & a custom recovery.. the procedure worked..

anyone who can explain this..? .. as it will be helpful for the script i m making

@fshami
tks for the info! both the files mentioned on the link you provided dont work! pls provide me the files with a vlid link!
WBR
ReyTech.
29th August 2012, 12:41 AM |#197  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 911

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fshami

adb reboot bootloader

Recovery has R/W permission to root partitions by default, thats the exploit rootupdate.zip's use to root devices, and as fardjab discovered, the hboot partition is not protected by the nand security so, in theory it must be possible to push the hboot from recovery on a non rooted device.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
10th September 2012, 03:23 PM |#198  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
hi all,

i'm new in this section, and i will like to root or (s-off) my stock htc sensation xl GB.i dont know where to begin , so pleas can someone guid me where to begin...

i attach it my phone info bootloader
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0770.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	256.5 KB
ID:	1315846  
10th September 2012, 11:30 PM |#199  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Timisoara
Thanks Meter: 875

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oMaRcO

hi all,

i'm new in this section, and i will like to root or (s-off) my stock htc sensation xl GB.i dont know where to begin , so pleas can someone guid me where to begin...

i attach it my phone info bootloader

Hi, you can use the XL Multi Tool Flasher, link provided in my signature

Also, rooting is not the same thing as s-off, hope you don't confuse things, and you can root without being S-OFF but you need to be rooted in order to S-OFF.

Hope this helps
23rd September 2012, 11:11 AM |#200  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
thank you all for the efforts.

i got my SXL two days ago from other country, its different region and now i need only to flash my region stock ICS RUU rom on my device. iam not looking for root or S-off or unlock the boot-loader or custom recovery, only i need to change the ROM came on device to my region ROM.

the original ROM is GB .

may someone help me to get my goal direct please

thanks for all
26th September 2012, 08:11 AM |#201  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fardjad

I don't have my computer with me for a while, why don't you use unlimited.io HBOOTs? They also by pass the CID check and you don't need sigtool if you use them, if you already have my HBOOT installed, you can upgrade to unlimited.io HBOOTs by executing fastboot flash hboot <NAME OF THE FILE> or following the instructions in their site.
Anyways if you really need sigtool, you can compile it from source.

New link

https://www.box.com/s/77d2187400b5cece5daa
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)