[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS(I897) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

goabunny

Dec 12, 2010
I am in slim 3.3 and thethering and portable hotspots doesn't work. When I turn on hotspots, it connects for a split second and disconnects immediately. I am wondering if this is a known issues in this rom.

Thanks for your assistance.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

volksrods

Feb 2, 2011
Reboot issue..

When using titanium backup, I go to restore certain apps and it just reboots the phone and will not restore my app. Also does the same thing when trying to install some apps from the market... Anyone else have this issue??

sa1yan

Jan 1, 2009
Texas
Does anyone else find this rom to be kinda sluggish at times? Quadrant scores don't seem to be too high, and lag on Temple Run :(

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
Not sluggish AT ALL. You should be pulling high 15's low 16's on new quadrant if your oce'd

Sent from my Galaxy S Captivate on Slim ICS 3.2 w/Semaphore Kernel 1.220Ghz@122% live OC and 387mb available RAM. BUTTER

dhncali420

Nov 8, 2007
Cerritos
I am in slim 3.3 and thethering and portable hotspots doesn't work. When I turn on hotspots, it connects for a split second and disconnects immediately. I am wondering if this is a known issues in this rom.

Thanks for your assistance.

Flashed Slim 3.3 last night and Portable Hotspot is working fine for me, actually using it right now to post this

goabunny

Dec 12, 2010
Actually portable hotspot doesn't turn on with Semaphore kernel. It works fine with glitch or default kernel.

bearofbabe

May 22, 2010
LA
Any one have an issue with digital compass? I tried all of compass app on the market but not of them work. Anyone knows how to fix? I use SlimICS with kernel 1.0 scbm

Katze Pavilion

Dec 7, 2011
Ho Chi Minh City
I calibrate it in the app, such as Catch Compass. You also should use the stock kernel of the rom. With it I've no problem with any feature. And with 383MB user availabe ram of stock kernel, I think no need big mem kernel anymore.

Last edited:

bearofbabe

May 22, 2010
LA
I just calibrated but it seems not working. It shows right only when i put the phone parallel with me. When I turn the phone it show different position. Thus, i think this is a problem with accelerometer not magnetometer. Anyone know this issue plz help me!

Katze Pavilion

Dec 7, 2011
Ho Chi Minh City
I just calibrated but it seems not working. It shows right only when i put the phone parallel with me. When I turn the phone it show different position. Thus, i think this is a problem with accelerometer not magnetometer. Anyone know this issue plz help me!

At first my compass has same problem with you. Be patient and calibrate it many times, that's the way make it works right for me, you too maybe.

m7ia

Sep 2, 2010
Long Island, NY
This sounds like a good idea; or, if someone knows how to add individual languages, please post that here.

Wondering if anyone else is interested in this. I love this ROM (seems way faster and more trouble free than most AOKP variants I've tried), but I'd like support for a couple of languages not included. If I wanted to rip it from a standard AOSP ICS rom and put the files in /system, does anyone know how I'd go about doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    4.1 Released:
    Note:
    Overall change in how i am structuring Slim. No more Base + essentials + gapps. Device ROM + SLim Common ( which inclues slim gapps among other common non compiled stuff). Just flash Device ROM version THEN Slim Common ( includes Slim Gapps). you should be set.
    3.9 Released. I will say this, read the changelog and FAQ, before posting questions. If you find ppl posting without reading, just direct them to them the changelog page, don't give them the answer, its a few lines not that hard.

You need to d/l and flash Base, Device essentials and Slim Gapps. From next time on you just need to d/l base and device essentials as long as you don't lose Slim Gapps or i don't change it. Happy Friday Everyone!

NOTE: Read the changelog below carefully and the FAQ before posting questions .

All Devices:

• Apollo ( CM9) music compiled from sources - thanks cm team
    • Updated germant translations for DeskClock - thanks Basian Mile
    • Reduce processing in WebCore thread while scrolling and zooming based on this
    • External Webkit changes based on this, this and this.
    • Hide storage option in camera for devices that don't have external storage based on this
    • Don't try to create an ad-hoc network when no wireless network is available based on this
    • SlimPapers.apk with a couple of wallpapers, nothing fancy. Will put it in OTA app for those who want to use it. - thanks jeffyca at rootz for slimlogo wallpaper
      trans.gif
    • CM9 Quiet Hours
    • New boot animation - thanks jeffyca at rootz
    • Basic gapps included in base is pulled and made a separate flashable zip, reason is two fold,
      • make google happy as they prefer this route and
      • they don't change often, so why bloat the base unnecessarily.
    • Whatever was in UpdateMe ( GenieWidget etc etc), Apps, Stays there,
    • Make sure to flash slim_gapps along with base and essentials to get working multi dpi playstore, gmail, talk, video chat, email and exchange. If you flash another gapps, you are on your own, don't complain apps are not compatible if you are not on slim gapps. This is the way moving forward, you can cry about if you want
      trans.gif
    • Base is now 44 MB
      trans.gif
    Galaxy Nexus ( Maguro, Toro & Toroplus)

• Synced upto lean 3.8
    Galaxy S2

• Synced upto latest Fluxi's changes.
    Upgrade Method: Back to the usual
    Download Link:
    Direct : Slim ICS 3.9

or via OTA app;
    one more......