Aosp roms?

Search This thread

platypuss94

Jan 3, 2011
camas
Okay so we have still one of the best phones out there. The sgn3 is capable of some pretty amazing things. It's processor is top of the line, it's screen is top of the line, it's ram os top of the line, yet for some reason we don't have aosp. U know the bootloader is locked but I also know that the bootloader was locked on an old razr I had many years ago and it used safestrap and somehow we had aosp on it.

Can someone please explain to me why aosp is so hard to get on this phone? I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful but I really want to understand why it's so hard. Will it ever be done? Is there any way anyone knows of that will enable my phone to have carbon or cm11 or Pacman?

Thanks for any advice!

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: alsgarage

greydelta38

May 9, 2013
Huntsville
Okay so we have still one of the best phones out there. The sgn3 is capable of some pretty amazing things. It's processor is top of the line, it's screen is top of the line, it's ram os top of the line, yet for some reason we don't have aosp. U know the bootloader is locked but I also know that the bootloader was locked on an old razr I had many years ago and it used safestrap and somehow we had aosp on it.

Can someone please explain to me why aosp is so hard to get on this phone? I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful but I really want to understand why it's so hard. Will it ever be done? Is there any way anyone knows of that will enable my phone to have carbon or cm11 or Pacman?

Thanks for any advice!

The closest thing to AOSP at this point is Eclipse. I'm a huge fan of aosp too, but unfortunately we're stuck with an aosp skin over TW base at this point. Several developers are making huge progress towards a bootloader unlock, and 4.4 seems much more vulnerable to exploits than 4.3 was. So, maybe in the near future we can have real roms instead of having Knox forced down our throats. It's worth it, for this beast of a phone, to me at least.

Saythis

Jan 30, 2012

Thanks for any advice!

It's because of the kernel being locked as well. On the old Razr it allowed modules to be loaded which essentially meant you could bypass the stock kernel if I recall. This can't be done currently on the Note 3 without some extreme work done and it would require running the new NC2 firmware. Basically I would give it some time because NC2 has shown some hope for KEXEC which may allow for hotswapping kernels essentially.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for any advice!