[RECOVERY] TWRP 3.2.3-0 (poplar) [UPDATE: 2018-07-30]

Search This thread

modpunk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Samsung Galaxy S10
TWRP

This project provides the TWRP recovery for for the Sony Xperia XZ1 (poplar).

FEATURES

• File-Based Encryption (FBE) support
  • EXT4 support
  • F2FS support
  • EXFAT support
  • Provides unzip
  • Additional languages

FBE encryption should be related to the security patch level anymore. The android version and patch level is extracted from the system partition and set in the recovery.

DOWNLOAD

Make sure you download the .img and corresponding .asc.txt file (see INTEGRITY)!

You can always find the latest version of the recovery HERE.

INTEGRETY

The recovery images also come with an GPG armor file (.asc). With that file you verify that the image I created hasn't been altered.

How do you do that?

1. Download my gpg keyring here: https://cryptomilk.org/gpgkey-8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D.gpg.
  2. Download the recovery.img and recovery.img.asc.txt file
  3. Rename the recovery.img.asc.txt file to recovery.img.asc
  4. Verfiy the signature using the following command:
    Code:
    gpg --keyring ./gpgkey-8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D.gpg --verify recovery.img.asc

A good tutorial is: How to verify signatures for packages from the Tor Project.

XDA:DevDB Information
recovery_twrp_sony_poplar, Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia XZ1

Contributors
modpunk, Dees_Troy
Source Code: https://github.com/cryptomilk/android_device_sony_poplar

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.2.3-0
Stable Release Date: 2018-07-30

Created 2017-12-30
Last Updated 2018-07-30

f1^ter

Jan 8, 2016
Nadym
Sony Xperia 1 II
Dear modpunk. Is it possible to fix a bug in TWRP related to updater-script .zip:
set_metadata_recursive("/system/app", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "dmode", 0755, "fmode", 0644, "capabilities", 0x0, "selabel", "u:eek:bject_r:system_file:s0");
set_metadata_recursive("/system/framework", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "dmode", 0755, "fmode", 0644, "capabilities", 0x0, "selabel", "u:eek:bject_r:system_file:s0");
set_metadata_recursive("/system/priv-app", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "dmode", 0755, "fmode", 0644, "capabilities", 0x0, "selabel", "u:eek:bject_r:system_file:s0");
set_metadata_recursive("/system/vendor/app", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "dmode", 0755, "fmode", 0644, "capabilities", 0x0, "selabel", "u:eek:bject_r:system_file:s0");
Out error 7 (the log shows that he doesn't know these commands), trying to do Deodex, thanks!

Edit: My request is canceled, I did what I wanted!

Last edited:
Reactions: TexHuk 3

Carlovn

Feb 5, 2009
Thank you for the great work! Everything seems te work fine. Just one important detail: when booting up twrp for the first time it asks you if you want to let twrp alter the ROM or if you want to keep it read only. Choose to keep it read only otherwise you will run in to all sorts of trouble (learnt this first hand)
Maybe add this to OP?

And second but not TWRP related: if you are having trouble getting your device unlocked trough the sony site because drivers issues, download the flash tool (http://www.flashtool.net/downloads.php) and use their drivers. This worked for me after hours of fidling with the sony provided driver.

Last edited:
Reactions: MurroFX

N1ghtr08d

Feb 15, 2011
Dublin
@modpunk any chance you could create a new TWRP for the latest firmware (12.34) please bro? There's a new kernel released for the xz1c so I just asked that dev to make one for the xz1 and we'll need a functioning TWRP to flash it all successfully.

N1ghtr08d

Feb 15, 2011
Dublin
Excellent! Thanks brother. I know you do a lot for the community and it keeps you busy. Your work is much appreciated.

pergoteborg

Feb 11, 2009
Göteborg
Well getting TWRP working with Android 8.1 took some time. I fixed it yesterday. I can do a new release tomorrow.

Marvelous, @modpunk, but XZ1 fw 47.1.A.12.34 is still android 8.0.0, but with 1 Januari 2018 Security Patch Level

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180120-133012.png
    Screenshot_20180120-133012.png
    114.6 KB · Views: 1,733
Last edited:

pergoteborg

Feb 11, 2009
Göteborg
Where is the download link? The link in the op just looks to the one I'm currently running.
twrp-3.2.1-0-poplar-2-patchlevel-2018-01-05.img , Got it via @modpunk and his Developer Profile and New uploads
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-poplar-2-patchlevel-2018-01-05.img
Works as a charm
I humbly bows before you, @modpunk, and say 'Thank you' :)

Outcome of the next step in the process cam be found in the [oreo]XZ1-drmfix-root-ricoff:eek: thread

Reactions: N1ghtr08d

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP

This project provides the TWRP recovery for for the Sony Xperia XZ1 (poplar).

FEATURES

• File-Based Encryption (FBE) support
    • EXT4 support
    • F2FS support
    • EXFAT support
    • Provides unzip
    • Additional languages

FBE encryption should be related to the security patch level anymore. The android version and patch level is extracted from the system partition and set in the recovery.

DOWNLOAD

Make sure you download the .img and corresponding .asc.txt file (see INTEGRITY)!

You can always find the latest version of the recovery HERE.

INTEGRETY

The recovery images also come with an GPG armor file (.asc). With that file you verify that the image I created hasn't been altered.

How do you do that?

1. Download my gpg keyring here: https://cryptomilk.org/gpgkey-8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D.gpg.
    2. Download the recovery.img and recovery.img.asc.txt file
    3. Rename the recovery.img.asc.txt file to recovery.img.asc
    4. Verfiy the signature using the following command:
      Code:
      gpg --keyring ./gpgkey-8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D.gpg --verify recovery.img.asc

A good tutorial is: How to verify signatures for packages from the Tor Project.

XDA:DevDB Information
    recovery_twrp_sony_poplar, Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia XZ1

Contributors
    modpunk, Dees_Troy
    Source Code: https://github.com/cryptomilk/android_device_sony_poplar

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.2.3-0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-07-30

Created 2017-12-30
    Last Updated 2018-07-30
    I've uploaded a new TWRP recovery version 3.2.3-0

• enable md5sum digest verification
    • adb backup fixes
    • OTA style update zips will now install automatically without prompting for decrypt
    • minor tweaks to handling date/time on Qualcomm devices
    • updates to some language translations
    I've uploaded a new recovery which should fix FBE decryption till the year 2025. :)
    New version up. Will build April soon too.
    I've released a new recovery. This should not be tied to the security patch level anymore. The recovery now reads the required values from the system partition.