FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nicetrack for WM 6 ??

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By xdawiz, Member on 29th July 2007, 08:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I wasnt able to work with Nicetrack and found that the link to their site is dead.

Is there any other software that works similarly to nicetrack on WM6.

Im on nfrazz62a ROM.with Radio ROM 02.47.11

29th July 2007, 09:11 AM |#2  
Flag Nashville, TN

More
maybe you can fill us in on exactly what nicetrack does, because this is the first time ive seen or heard of it and maybe for others as well.
29th July 2007, 11:18 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Hi mdajunkie,

Its a software which gives us the information about the signal strength in dBm.
29th July 2007, 11:39 AM |#4  
Flag Nashville, TN

More
well I know you asked for something similar and the only thing that I could think of that has something similar or close to what you might need is batterystatus. That gives you a percentage on how strong your signal is, also does a few other very useful tricks. I wish I could leave you with a link or something to download and try but unfortunately im not at home, otherwise I post it for you. hate to say it but use the search for batterystatus or hopefully someone else has some better input than I could give.
29th July 2007, 12:01 PM |#5  
Flag The Hague

More
Here is batterystatus
29th July 2007, 12:28 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Smile
Hi Binder

Thanks for the link.....

And thankyou mdajunkie for the info...

I will try this out and will post back.
31st July 2007, 07:22 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Emm,

Nothin upto Nice track.

That was really perfect !
15th August 2007, 04:07 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
You can download nice track still
I downloaded nice track 8/14 here. I agree that nothing matched nicetrack for maintaining a database of signal strength, cell towers, and even locations when it is hooked up with GPS. However, I have met nothing but failure in trying to get it to work on WM6 - It needs to know the COM port for GSM, and none of the available ones work - either no signal, or it locks the application. Because I really need it in the current cell-strength purgatory I find myself, I might be going back to WM5 if I can't bumble my way through it.

The author released the source code (waaaay beyond my skills) at the same website.

PLEASE let me know if anyone gets it working on WM6. I am currently running Jaguar2 on a wizard.

THANKS.
1st February 2008, 01:35 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Please, could anyone send me a copy of the Nicetrack 1.6 sources (binaries would be fine too but I need the source) ?The website is down...
28th March 2008, 11:27 AM |#10  

More
At the moment the site is up to work

Look http://www.nicecuppa.net/
8th September 2008, 07:32 AM |#11  

More
Anyone has any news? I need of a Nicetrack for HTC Touch Pro. Or exist the similar software ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)