FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,646 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,102

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th November 2016, 10:32 PM |#1011  
Recognized Contributor
Flag kent
Thanks Meter: 4,131

More
Hi guys I wonder if someone can help me please, is there a script for s2s please, I've changed Roms to RR and I'm really missing this feature lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

29th November 2016, 11:28 AM |#1012  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeejaytee

Hi guys I wonder if someone can help me please, is there a script for s2s please, I've changed Roms to RR and I'm really missing this feature lol

Unless your ROM or kernel support it underneath there's nothing any script can do.
29th November 2016, 02:27 PM |#1013  
Recognized Contributor
Flag kent
Thanks Meter: 4,131

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Unless your ROM or kernel support it underneath there's nothing any script can do.

Ah OK I was hoping there might be something to inject it into the ramdisk, no worries thanks for replying.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
1st December 2016, 10:53 AM |#1014  
Thanks Meter: 810

More
Hi @osm0sis would it be possible for your to create a zip that installs sqllite3?

Thank you!
1st December 2016, 12:44 PM |#1015  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkStorck

Hi @osm0sis would it be possible for your to create a zip that installs sqllite3?

Thank you!

It's just a binary and doesn't require jumping through any hoops to run. Download it and put it where you want it?
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st December 2016, 01:13 PM |#1016  
Thanks Meter: 810

More
Quote:

It's just a binary and doesn't require jumping through any hoops to run. Download it and put it where you want it?

Yeah sure....but I have to set permissions and I have to do it each time I flash the ROM....with a zip I would simply add the zip after the ROM....I know, I am just lazy
The Following User Says Thank You to DirkStorck For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DirkStorck Ad-Free
1st December 2016, 02:21 PM |#1017  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkStorck

Yeah sure....but I have to set permissions and I have to do it each time I flash the ROM....with a zip I would simply add the zip after the ROM....I know, I am just lazy

Make your own. That's how I started. Stop asking for things you can do yourself.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st December 2016, 10:01 PM |#1018  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 322

More
Quote:

Make your own. That's how I started. Stop asking for things you can do yourself.

Simplest way... Google Zip Me.apk, also available on Play Store.
The Following User Says Thank You to kvevand63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kvevand63 Ad-Free
5th December 2016, 08:37 PM |#1019  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,358

Donate to Me
More
@osm0sis, just a few quick questions regarding some of your flash files.

First, is the BusyBox flash file compatible for Nougat?

Second, though i know that the BusyBox app needs to be installed first, is the BusyBox flash file for installing the Binary as well as performing a Symlink of the Binary it installs?

UPDATE/EDIT: Third, Is the SUmount as well the CMSetup Fix for GApps Installer flash files compatible for Nougat?

UPDATE/EDIT: Finally, are the above flash files compatible with the d2vzw (Verizon Galaxy S3) device?

I hope they are not stupid questions. I just wanted to be positive regarding the questions above.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Happy Holidays!
6th December 2016, 03:58 AM |#1020  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

@osm0sis, just a few quick questions regarding some of your flash files.

First, is the BusyBox flash file compatible for Nougat?

Second, though i know that the BusyBox app needs to be installed first, is the BusyBox flash file for installing the Binary as well as performing a Symlink of the Binary it installs?

UPDATE/EDIT: Third, Is the SUmount as well the CMSetup Fix for GApps Installer flash files compatible for Nougat?

UPDATE/EDIT: Finally, are the above flash files compatible with the d2vzw (Verizon Galaxy S3) device?

I hope they are not stupid questions. I just wanted to be positive regarding the questions above.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Happy Holidays!

1+2) I have no app. Not sure what you're talking about. My zip does everything intelligently. I'm using it currently on both of my primary devices running Nougat, and have had zero issues.

3) SUmount is for systemless SuperSU installations, so of course that includes Nougat. CMSetup Fix currently isn't necessary on CM14.1, and hopefully it stays that way.

4) No idea directly but they should work just fine.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th December 2016, 07:50 PM |#1021  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
A lot of work has been going on behind the scenes lately. Anyone following me on GitHub will have some inkling of what I'm working on, but I'm doing a lot of research and coding basically from scratch and it will likely be some time before some of my newest goodies are ready for release since this is all spare time. I did get the full Nougat bring-up for mkbootfs and mkbootimg/unpackbootimg completed, including backporting some functionality from Python to C, and some custom fixes for Nougat + Pixel support, and with that I'm starting to update some of my other projects that use these and my busybox binaries.

Here are a couple updates and things in the meantime.

Nexus Media Installer will require some explanation. I'm sure everyone's familiar with all the crazy numerous and terrible sounding notification/ringtone/system sounds that AOSP+CM include, and some less-than-desireable boot animations floating around. Lamenting the loss of Google's much more reasonable Nexus sounds and visuals when switching to Nougat on my N5 and N7 '13, I decided to throw together a zip to restore the Google /system/media directories for these recently-retired Nexus devices (I didn't go back to any older Nexus devices since each one adds another 6mb to the zip, but I'll probably add newly-retired ones going forward). There is user choice by renaming the zip, see the feature list below for further details, but for example I use "UPDATE-Nexus.Media.Installer-hammerhead-system-signed.zip" on my N5 (since, while being systemlessly rooted, I use unrooted regularly to pass SafetyNet checks) and "UPDATE-Nexus.Media.Installer-flo-signed.zip" on my N7 '13 which is systemlessly rooted.

I work on these projects in my limited time off, so if you like the progress I'm making, or enjoy anything else I've done on xda, please do hit the donate link from my profile. Thanks for your support!

UPDATE-Nexus.Media.Installer-signed.zip:
- systemless root support to bind mount /system/media as a whole from /su/media via su.d script
- on unrooted or system root, removes /system/media and pushes the Nexus versions and an addon.d script to retain them if the ROM supports this
- contains hammerhead and flo/deb media, reading the zip filename for "hammerhead", "flo" or "deb" to choose (defaulting to hammerhead)
- system install can be forced (despite systemless root detection) by adding "system" to the zip filename

UPDATE-Flashlt.Installer.v2.5-signed.zip:
- updated busybox binary (1.25.1) with my latest build
- updated /su mount script
- fix flashіt shortcut execution on Nougat shell (doesn't allow cross-device symlinks to work anymore)
- fix trim for certain cases where it would previously fail
- refactor flashіt.sh with improved command-line handling and some vague modularity of functions
- add --trim argument and trimit.sh wrapper script to allow trim-only on any supplied file
- add --help argument to flashіt shortcut and and all Flashlt .sh scripts

AnyKernel2 was updated with full Nougat+Pixel support and a major improvement to workflow for devs, and GN Synapse Injector Addon zip saw another minor update to bring the latest AK2 commits to it.

Edit: Nexus Media now includes bullhead and angler media as the final Nexus devices, with bullhead as the default. The special options may be set by adding keywords to the filename or to /data/.nexusmedia (necessary for Magisk Manager installs) and are system to force a system install, and noreplace to only add to ringtone/sound media rather than replace it all with the Nexus media.
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)