Last Updated 2014-10-10

Last edited:

Snuzzo

Account currently disabled
Dec 31, 2010
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
Bug List;
USB Mass Storage may not mount external sdcard. Use MTP instead.
Camcorder; if you get a "Cannot play this video" be ready for a crash and a battery pull. Recording is fine but playback could cause issues.

New feature as of 10/10/14
Plain-Tweak:
Ever wanted to control your kernel from a file on your internal storage? Now you can! There are currently 3 different ways

1.) Manually create a text file on the root of /sdcard named 'plaintweak' with the following values:
gov=(your choice of governor)
maxkhz=(max cpu clockrate for all cores)
minkhz= (min cpu clockrate for all cores)
scheduler=(choice of IO scheduler)
tcpcong=(choice of TCP Congestion control)

2.)Invoking the instruction 'plaintweak' with adb shell or Terminal Emulator.

3.)Separate aroma package for your device(not yet created) or through the rom installer.

When I run 'plaintweak' from aroma package adb shell or Terminal Emulator wouldn't it get overwritten?
No! Not at all. Your old settings are saved at /sdcard/plain-tweak listed by date.

Don't like the values? Want a different configuration? Rather use Performance Control or another app?
Simply rename your current plaintweak file or rename an older plaintweak file located in /sdcard/plain-tweak.

Last edited:

Snuzzo

Account currently disabled
Dec 31, 2010
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
A quick kang I helped throw together. Found it to be somewhat stable in my own personal uses. I wanted to see the masses enjoy it as well.

For the builders; my build system has 2 new functions I added, 'eggs' and 'sausage'. It's for those rom builders that also do custom kernels.
eggs: builds only a kernel
sausage: builds 'eggs' on top of 'bacon'.
It also requires a special build script that will need modified and tailored to each device. See these commits:
In build:
https://github.com/Plain-Andy/android_build/commit/7c1d0dc8544cb0f62c7073d82df59b01e136d593

In kernel:
https://github.com/Plain-Andy/vigor_aosp_kernel/commit/14cb9c44dc6ff29f13eb43a5f7a037802f75778d
https://github.com/Plain-Andy/vigor_aosp_kernel/commit/f7abc5ebcf809f7038e4f4a222e1fa1de50cd462

PS: If I missed you in my special mentions and credits, please don't take offense. I am always thankful of the whole Rezound community,

Last edited:

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Can only find 2 issues with ROM...root access has been giving me issues but may just be me idk fully yet....also audio out of headphone jack doesn't work...stays on speaker...other than that this is the smoothest fastest ROM the red has seen yet....pretty rock solid I'd say

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Snuzzo

4cloud9

May 6, 2011
San Diego
Can only find 2 issues with ROM...root access has been giving me issues but may just be me idk fully yet....also audio out of headphone jack doesn't work...stays on speaker...other than that this is the smoothest fastest ROM the red has seen yet....pretty rock solid I'd say

Having root issues as well. Also notice the backlight on my home keys don't light up. Cannot confirm headphones though.

I am mainly a sense guy but I have been loving the AOSP ROMs you've been doing Snuzzo. Thanks for all your hard work.

Sent from my Rezound using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Snuzzo

mjones73

Apr 5, 2010
North East, MD

Does the audio issue happen all the time or just when you're on the desktop? I found the latest Google search switches me to the speaker whenever it's listening for OK Google, turning that feature off fixed it for me.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

sdz2

Aug 7, 2012
The developer option "Kill app back button" isn't showing up for me. It's one of the first settings I enable after installing a new ROM.

muness

Jul 18, 2008
Having root issues as well. Also notice the backlight on my home keys don't light up. Cannot confirm headphones though.

I am mainly a sense guy but I have been loving the AOSP ROMs you've been doing Snuzzo. Thanks for all your hard work.

Sent from my Rezound using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

+1 with root issues. I tried flashing with CWM then with PhilZ with no luck. I then tried flashing the superuser zip and the supersu zip and neither worked. For now, I am back to Talon.

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
@mjones73 it happens on whatever I'm on...music player, YouTube, etc...I tried disabling and still no go...me and snuzzo spent some time trying to figure it out last night

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fresh from the kitchen comes ....
    Plain-Andy
    for the HTC Rezound​

Downloads
    Mirror

Need GAPPS? Download here
    or
    Here!

Credits to:

• Team Vanir
      CarbonRom
      OmniRom
      SlimRoms
      Evervolv
      LiquidSmooth
      AOKP

XDA:DevDB Information
    Plain-Andy, ROM for the HTC Rezound

Contributors
    Snuzzo, REV3NT3CH, @RenderBroken, @scar45, @bunchies
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Gapps, S-Off
    Based On: AOKP, OmniRom

Version Information

Created 2014-09-25
    Last Updated 2014-10-10
    3/10 build is up.
    Added LCD Density changer in Settings->Display (reboot after to take full effect)
    A few frameworks optimizations
    This red border issue is actually pertaining to strictmode being force enabled...can be disabled with 2 build.prop edits that have noting to do with carrier edits

Bug List;
    USB Mass Storage may not mount external sdcard. Use MTP instead.
    Camcorder; if you get a "Cannot play this video" be ready for a crash and a battery pull. Recording is fine but playback could cause issues.

New feature as of 10/10/14
    Plain-Tweak:
    Ever wanted to control your kernel from a file on your internal storage? Now you can! There are currently 3 different ways

1.) Manually create a text file on the root of /sdcard named 'plaintweak' with the following values:
    gov=(your choice of governor)
    maxkhz=(max cpu clockrate for all cores)
    minkhz= (min cpu clockrate for all cores)
    scheduler=(choice of IO scheduler)
    tcpcong=(choice of TCP Congestion control)

2.)Invoking the instruction 'plaintweak' with adb shell or Terminal Emulator.

3.)Separate aroma package for your device(not yet created) or through the rom installer.

When I run 'plaintweak' from aroma package adb shell or Terminal Emulator wouldn't it get overwritten?
    No! Not at all. Your old settings are saved at /sdcard/plain-tweak listed by date.

Don't like the values? Want a different configuration? Rather use Performance Control or another app?
    Simply rename your current plaintweak file or rename an older plaintweak file located in /sdcard/plain-tweak.
    think we figured the red border thing out....i just did a test and so far no red border for me

It will make it into the next build + a new feature. :)

PS: Tomorrow getting my G2.

Should the 4 capacitive buttons be lighting up? Mine are currently functional, but do not light up. I did some quick checks through the settings and didn't see anything.

Thanks for any help.

That's on the backlog. It will get corrected but not right away.