[ROM] [4.4.4] Plain-Andy v14.2

Search This thread

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Yes, it says unable to load driver for qhsusb_dload

ok that means rezound is hard bricked....this usually ONLY happens when one flashes a zip not meant for the rezound or a bad s-off attempt...i believe there is one fix that i found but cant guarantee it works...only other option is to send it in to have it jtagged

Edit: I do need to say that the debrick thing i found was for an msm8660 device in general and cant guarantee its stability either and also requires the knowledge of linux and alot of terminal command

Last edited:

netookska05

Jan 28, 2013
Albuquerque
ok that means rezound is hard bricked....this usually ONLY happens when one flashes a zip not meant for the rezound or a bad s-off attempt...i believe there is one fix that i found but cant guarantee it works...only other option is to send it in to have it jtagged

Edit: I do need to say that the debrick thing i found was for an msm8660 device in general and cant guarantee its stability either and also requires the knowledge of linux and alot of terminal command

Is it the PblClear thing using ubuntu or something elese. I can give it a go.

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Is it the PblClear thing using ubuntu or something elese. I can give it a go.

no its not...thats only meant for use if when you got s-off you got this error....doesnt fix this....can you tell me what exactly you tried flashing...if anything other than just rom

Edit: im looking into to see whether or not this debrix method works for rez or not....if i feel it will not the only option is sending it in to a JTAG company

Last edited:

netookska05

Jan 28, 2013
Albuquerque
no its not...thats only meant for use if when you got s-off you got this error....doesnt fix this....can you tell me what exactly you tried flashing...if anything other than just rom

Edit: im looking into to see whether or not this debrix method works for rez or not....if i feel it will not the only option is sending it in to a JTAG company

I was having root issues and all I did was reroot from the philz recovery and when it restarted it said to download the supersu and update the binary which I tried and supersu said it could upadate the binary for me. I restarted the phone and now this is where I'm at.

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
I was having root issues and all I did was reroot from the philz recovery and when it restarted it said to download the supersu and update the binary which I tried and supersu said it could upadate the binary for me. I restarted the phone and now this is where I'm at.

as for the root issue there was a setting in philz recovery before install to disable how it handles asserts for old binaries that needed to be uncheched..root works after that....it just seems very weird how ive been through same setup and never bricked from philz or same method of flashing myself...if you want to make it easier you can send the pone to one of us devs to look at it to try and fix it...i once had a rezound give me this same error you have last year...i remember it was a bad init.d script i made and tried to run that caused it....and after reviewing the code i had a few typos that wrote stuff to device that it shouldnt have and caused an unfixable brick...i really dont think its the rom or recovery that caused it....by chance was there any thing you accidentaly checked or unchecked in recovery or a certain app you downloaded?

calvinb1

Feb 19, 2008
New build is up and I'm highly beleiving of just being a coincidence for the below.

Hey Snuzzo... I downloaded twice and the value in the md5sum file doesn't match the ROM. Does the md5sum file need updating or is the ROM corrupted. I get this for the ROM

5729f020a596b0a08f250b655171c4b7

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk now Free

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Hey Snuzzo... I downloaded twice and the value in the md5sum file doesn't match the ROM. Does the md5sum file need updating or is the ROM corrupted. I get this for the ROM

5729f020a596b0a08f250b655171c4b7

i did notify him of this but hes away from computer at the moment....i noticed new build was only 122mb and was like wait a minute lol

netookska05

Jan 28, 2013
Albuquerque
as for the root issue there was a setting in philz recovery before install to disable how it handles asserts for old binaries that needed to be uncheched..root works after that....it just seems very weird how ive been through same setup and never bricked from philz or same method of flashing myself...if you want to make it easier you can send the pone to one of us devs to look at it to try and fix it...i once had a rezound give me this same error you have last year...i remember it was a bad init.d script i made and tried to run that caused it....and after reviewing the code i had a few typos that wrote stuff to device that it shouldnt have and caused an unfixable brick...i really dont think its the rom or recovery that caused it....by chance was there any thing you accidentaly checked or unchecked in recovery or a certain app you downloaded?

I missed unchecking the old binaries part. I never bothered any other setting. I tried flashing the update supersu 1.93 it flashed successfully and that was it. I called my insurance and they are sending a replacement.

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Snuzzo, how does this one compare to Evervolv? Is it cm based or a fresh aosp build? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

in my honest opinion its like a fresh plain android build with a few tweaks....it runs absolutely amazing and smooth due to some editing and once new build is properly uploaded id say its very very stable and very daily driver capable

netookska05

Jan 28, 2013
Albuquerque

calvinb1

Feb 19, 2008
Not sure I just remember rebooting the phone it booted up fine input it down for a minute or two and when I went to make a call. It was dead pulled the battery and you know the rest. It was a refurbished phone anyway maybe that's why.

Hmmm.... Kinda crazy how easy that happened. I'm still on TWRP and was going to switch over to Philz prior to flashing this ROM. But now maybe I'll at stick with TWRP a bit longer ;)

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Not sure I just remember rebooting the phone it booted up fine input it down for a minute or two and when I went to make a call. It was dead pulled the battery and you know the rest. It was a refurbished phone anyway maybe that's why.

wait so rom was fully booted and running before this happenned....and tbh refurbed phones can have issues...just an odd once in rare blue moon occasion...im happy that your at least getting a replacement

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fresh from the kitchen comes ....
    Plain-Andy
    for the HTC Rezound​

Downloads
    Mirror

Need GAPPS? Download here
    or
    Here!

Credits to:

• Team Vanir
      CarbonRom
      OmniRom
      SlimRoms
      Evervolv
      LiquidSmooth
      AOKP

XDA:DevDB Information
    Plain-Andy, ROM for the HTC Rezound

Contributors
    Snuzzo, REV3NT3CH, @RenderBroken, @scar45, @bunchies
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Gapps, S-Off
    Based On: AOKP, OmniRom

Version Information

Created 2014-09-25
    Last Updated 2014-10-10
    3/10 build is up.
    Added LCD Density changer in Settings->Display (reboot after to take full effect)
    A few frameworks optimizations
    This red border issue is actually pertaining to strictmode being force enabled...can be disabled with 2 build.prop edits that have noting to do with carrier edits

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app
    Bug List;
    USB Mass Storage may not mount external sdcard. Use MTP instead.
    Camcorder; if you get a "Cannot play this video" be ready for a crash and a battery pull. Recording is fine but playback could cause issues.

New feature as of 10/10/14
    Plain-Tweak:
    Ever wanted to control your kernel from a file on your internal storage? Now you can! There are currently 3 different ways

1.) Manually create a text file on the root of /sdcard named 'plaintweak' with the following values:
    gov=(your choice of governor)
    maxkhz=(max cpu clockrate for all cores)
    minkhz= (min cpu clockrate for all cores)
    scheduler=(choice of IO scheduler)
    tcpcong=(choice of TCP Congestion control)

2.)Invoking the instruction 'plaintweak' with adb shell or Terminal Emulator.

3.)Separate aroma package for your device(not yet created) or through the rom installer.

When I run 'plaintweak' from aroma package adb shell or Terminal Emulator wouldn't it get overwritten?
    No! Not at all. Your old settings are saved at /sdcard/plain-tweak listed by date.

Don't like the values? Want a different configuration? Rather use Performance Control or another app?
    Simply rename your current plaintweak file or rename an older plaintweak file located in /sdcard/plain-tweak.
    think we figured the red border thing out....i just did a test and so far no red border for me

It will make it into the next build + a new feature. :)

PS: Tomorrow getting my G2.

Should the 4 capacitive buttons be lighting up? Mine are currently functional, but do not light up. I did some quick checks through the settings and didn't see anything.

Thanks for any help.

That's on the backlog. It will get corrected but not right away.