FORUMS

changeScreen v2.78! -- (screen rotation app)

795 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By 600GOL, Senior Member on 3rd January 2009, 05:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th January 2009, 11:30 PM |#61  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedSanity

Would you please this please

? what ?

Btw - if you have a screen called "Atricle" and a screen called "Articles" you only need to add in "Article" into your exceptions...
9th January 2009, 03:57 AM |#62  
Flag St Louis
Thanks Meter: 113

More
So, I found a problem. I have set the program to only rotate the items in the exclusion list. One of the items is "text messages". When I go to start typing a text message in the threaded text message view the window name changes to 1/160 to 2/160 etc. and increments up for every character I type to indicate how many characters I have remaining. So, as soon as i enter one character the screen changes back to portrait because the window name no longer matches an item in my exclusion list. The only way I found to get around this is to add the numbers 1-9 to the exclusion list or uncheck "ONLY rotate the apps in my exclusion list" and add most of my programs to the exclusion list. Have any other thoughts?

update: Maybe not all ROMs have this feature to show characters remaining in the threaded text message view. I have a CDMA phone running Juicy 3.9 from ppcgeeks. Anyway, adding 1-9 does work just fine because I can't think of any windows starting with numbers besides this.
9th January 2009, 05:49 AM |#63  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtlm

So, I found a problem. I have set the program to only rotate the items in the exclusion list. One of the items is "text messages". When I go to start typing a text message in the threaded text message view the window name changes to 1/160 to 2/160 etc. and increments up for every character I type to indicate how many characters I have remaining. So, as soon as i enter one character the screen changes back to portrait because the window name no longer matches an item in my exclusion list. The only way I found to get around this is to add the numbers 1-9 to the exclusion list or uncheck "ONLY rotate the apps in my exclusion list" and add most of my programs to the exclusion list. Have any other thoughts?

update: Maybe not all ROMs have this feature to show characters remaining in the threaded text message view. I have a CDMA phone running Juicy 3.9 from ppcgeeks. Anyway, adding 1-9 does work just fine because I can't think of any windows starting with numbers besides this.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm looking into another way to get the current program that wont affect the performance of the app. Hopefully one that will solve the problems like this one. I'll update as soon as I can...
9th January 2009, 07:40 AM |#64  
Flag Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Thanks Meter: 55

More
The app works great on my HD and wife and sister's diamonds.

I have it set so that it will only rotate on sms and rss reader apps. Which is great because the full qwerty keyboard is longer horizontally which makes it very similar to the touch pro's and tytn ii's physical keyboard!
Originally the keyboard is 480 pixels wide, but when rotated it is 800 pixels wide. So it has doubled in size making it easier to type. Combine this snailslug's touchresponse and you have overcome the lack of phsyical keyboard.

Thanks once again 600GOL.
9th January 2009, 10:31 PM |#65  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedSanity

The app works great on my HD and wife and sister's diamonds.

I have it set so that it will only rotate on sms and rss reader apps. Which is great because the full qwerty keyboard is longer horizontally which makes it very similar to the touch pro's and tytn ii's physical keyboard!
Originally the keyboard is 480 pixels wide, but when rotated it is 800 pixels wide. So it has doubled in size making it easier to type. Combine this snailslug's touchresponse and you have overcome the lack of phsyical keyboard.

Thanks once again 600GOL.

No problem glad you like it.
10th January 2009, 01:04 PM |#66  
Flag Bergen
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Just thought I'd post here and thank you for this great app, exactly the program I needed!

Works perfectly on my Touch HD
10th January 2009, 04:07 PM |#67  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBS_

Just thought I'd post here and thank you for this great app, exactly the program I needed!

Works perfectly on my Touch HD

Thats great man, Glad to hear it! could you do me a favor and post your findings in the HD thread as well? The people over there haven't really tried it out (I think its on the 4th page now!)
11th January 2009, 02:03 AM |#68  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Landscape Keyboard
I've installed this on HTC Touch HD and when I am typing an SMS in Landscape mode the full stop and comma are swapped round on the keayboard, i.e. you type a full stop and get a comma and vica versa.

Also in porttrait when you hold a key down to get a symbol it is fine but in landscape mode you get the symbol and the letter the symbol is on.

Other than that, it's great.
11th January 2009, 04:10 AM |#69  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs2157

I've installed this on HTC Touch HD and when I am typing an SMS in Landscape mode the full stop and comma are swapped round on the keayboard, i.e. you type a full stop and get a comma and vica versa.

Also in porttrait when you hold a key down to get a symbol it is fine but in landscape mode you get the symbol and the letter the symbol is on.

Other than that, it's great.

Has anyone else experienced this?? This doesn't happen on the Touch Pro...
Happy to hear you like it btw...
11th January 2009, 02:09 PM |#70  
Flag near Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600GOL

Has anyone else experienced this??

I use this program on a Touch HD (WWE) aswell. The problem does not occur on my device, landscape keyboard works 100%. I set up your utility to ONLY rotate apps in the exceptions-list. It's a great tool, truly an asset to my Touch HD...thank you !

Regards,

Rolf
12th January 2009, 04:09 AM |#71  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Rook

Hi,
I use this program on a Touch HD (WWE) aswell. The problem does not occur on my device, landscape keyboard works 100%. I set up your utility to ONLY rotate apps in the exceptions-list. It's a great tool, truly an asset to my Touch HD...thank you !

Regards,

Rolf

Thanks man, glad it works for you. Check back soon i'll be updating the thread within the next week (hopefully) with an update to the software.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)