[ROM] Stock HTC Rom Perfect for restoring

Search This thread

yashsoni

Apr 11, 2014
IMP- do i need to flassh gapps after flashing this custom ROM? or gapps is already there in this stock rom by default? Reply fast pls.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using XDA Free mobile app

Quasar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
This is the stock ROM not a custom ROM, so you don't have to flash any gapps.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yashsoni

Apr 11, 2014
@russell at the begning of d thread u said its nothing special but u r wrong man this stock is special at least to me as that backup that I took with fem did not work for me and this stock backup u shared it worked perfectly for me withought any problem so thanks for sharing .

yashsoni

Apr 11, 2014
I M bit confused here friends I just flashed this stock Rom n it works well.
Now my question is that with these stock Rom how do I know my phone is rooted or not? Currently I don't have super user as its obviously not there in this stock Rom so should I install superuser ? If yes then pls share the latest and compatible superuser for desire c which will work with this stock Rom .

yashsoni

Apr 11, 2014
I M bit confused here friends I just flashed this stock Rom n it works well.
Now my question is that with these stock Rom how do I know my phone is rooted or not? Currently I don't have super user as its obviously not there in this stock Rom so should I install superuser ? If yes then pls share the latest and compatible superuser for desire c which will work with this stock Rom .

I found d su nd now have got it roote.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Can sum1 pls tell me how is this type of back of stock rom done? Bcoz with cwm i get .tar file back with image file which can only b used by cwm same version for restore only so how do i get d original stock backup in .zip and which could be used in any of the phone of same model?:beer:

Quasar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
There's an option in cwm to save the backup as a zip file. Also, I think you can convert a .tar file to a .zip file.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: yashsoni

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
Just been playing around with a Desire C and unlocked bootloader, flashed CWM recovery etc and flashed a few ROMs. I now want to restore the stock ROM (Android 4.0.3) as this isn't my phone so I used the ROM from this thread (I flashed the bootloader from fastboot as well). Its all working except NFC is not available. Prior to me doing any of this I know NFC worked as I played around with it with my own phone (HTC One X). Anyway now under Settings, Wireless & networks, More... the option isn't there.
Is there a stock ROM I can flash from CWM that has NFC enabled?

Andy

Last edited:

yashsoni

Apr 11, 2014
how to make this type of backup of stock ROM

i know u can take bakup with custom recovery like CWM but the problem i found was that u cannot use it on other phone like the baup rom available on this thread i could use this stock rom on other desirec C.

what i want to do is i want to make a flashable ROM back up just like this one so that i can use it on ther phones (obviously same model...:) ) so can some one show how to do that specificaly for desire C & also some other other handsets also.

miniandroidp

May 15, 2015
Question

Hey guys, i know it is nothing special, but i thought I would post this to provide ease for users to restore.

Below you will find a download link for the stock rom, and just below here the instruction in order to restore, so here we go...

To restore follow these following commands:
  • First download and install the zip from this thread, this will bring you back to stock, however, if you want to flash over your recovery and kernel follow the two steps below.
  • Do this AFTER you have flashed to zip, if you do it before you cannot flash any zips at all! Follow these command carefully to flash back to stock recovery:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  • Once you have completed, the above step follow this following command to finish going back to stock:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

Now your phone should be completely stock. :)

Download link: HERE

Please Note: This is the Stock Rom which Einstein.frat removed, my friend mblex provided me with the file, so credits to him for that.

Is that for HTC desire 510 stock rom ?

asadnow2k

Oct 21, 2009
C:\ADB>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (8368 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.381s]
writing 'recovery'...
(bootloader) signature checking...
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)
finished. total time: 3.082s

should i unlock the boot loader?

Reactions: Dinosek

Pavank202

Jun 9, 2016
htc d816v (a5dwgl) both sim cards are not detected after flash

I bought htc d816v [GSM/CDMA/LTE+GSM] from e-bay website one year ago, i am from India

2 month back mobile got a update(OTA-Lollipop) but installation failed so I made a backup of current os and flashed custom rom successfully using with the help of online blogs/forums, after that Both sim slots got blocked one by one , i am unable to change "Network mode" also in phone settings because all fields are hidden/disabled.

If i insert 4g sim card in 1 st slot it displays a message { The card you insert to terminal is not matched. Please change to CT 4G card }
for 2nd sim , contacts shows and searching networks option available, when i click it shows empty screen

later i installed one app [4g swither] from app store through that i can access network mode and "Radio band" but these modification are not effecting.

Finally Tried: Restore option from TWRP for previous settings No use , same issues + touch screen freezes sometimes.
please help me to get back to Factory version phone atleast for both GSM netwoks in India..

***UNLOCKED***
A5_DWGL PVT SHIP S-OFF
CID-11111111
HBOOT-3.19.0.0000
RADIO-0.52.60.0226

Last edited:

x13

Jan 14, 2016
x13.me
Just flashed this to my golfu, and I don't have NFC support? I didn't flash the recovery, is that required for NFC, or is this build without NFC?

Do you have instructions for enabling NFC?

R.Petrov

Oct 5, 2013
Provided link is dead

Hey guys, i know it is nothing special, but i thought I would post this to provide ease for users to restore.

Below you will find a download link for the stock rom, and just below here the instruction in order to restore, so here we go...

• First download and install the zip from this thread, this will bring you back to stock, however, if you want to flash over your recovery and kernel follow the two steps below.
  • Do this AFTER you have flashed to zip, if you do it before you cannot flash any zips at all! Follow these command carefully to flash back to stock recovery:
    Code:
  • Once you have completed, the above step follow this following command to finish going back to stock:
    Code:

Please Note: This is the Stock Rom which Einstein.frat removed, my friend mblex provided me with the file, so credits to him for that.

I cannot install stock RUU because my hboot version is 1.31.000. Could you please send me a link to download this Rom?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
      Code:

You can't really brick your phone flashing kernels, you always have fastboot to fall back on.
    To hard brick your phone, you would mess up the hboot, which is bad news because think of that as your phones BIOS, without that function you are basically screwed.

But your safe flashing kernels, the worst what can happen is that it won't boot lol.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using xda premium

Code:
      Code:

Very useful! This would make me fearless in trying out other kernels! Har har har! :victory:
    Can someone please upload the recovery.img and boot.img seperately? I already have my stock rom as a backup and I dont want to download the whole zip. Thanks

boot.img (3.1 MB)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!Iw9ETYwa!VHRgAgoeLSU2DmomEr4o8AVK6NV-ICzxSexPLltlyxQ

recovery.img (8.2 MB)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!gk9jzBia!Pli7Bx-Wh35nawzJHwPUlFY3hkQnkncREeu_yVqf4dc
    Can i flash prometheus kernel or nope kernel on this rom

Sent from my HTC Desire C using xda app-developers app

sense based prometheus yes nope no coz nope is only based on cm10 whereas prom is for sense base as well as cm10 !
    ps go thru d kernel threads for more info its self explanatory :p