2.4.1 only seems to be able to recover Apps, but hangs on Data.
Titanium Backup can recover both, but the button to select Missing Apps doesn't work.
B also requires that you copy your backup to the internal SD, or else it will not be discovered.
Fix: Select missing Apps in Nandoid Manager > restore only App > take a note of the apps that you restored > use Titanium Backup to restore the data.
Try 3C Toolbox Pro (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ccc71.at)
Swift Backup (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ps.swiftbackup)
Rom Toolbox Pro v18.104.22.168.
I would like to extract an important (for me) .db3 file from an existing nandroid backup. I've already used some apps and also Nandroid Manager, I've made it to extract this file with NM but it seems to be empy. It shouldn't be empty, but contain some data instead. While creating this nandroid backup, this file contained data...so it should be somewhere.
Is there an option for a deep scan or something, or is there anything else I have to consider to get it extracted successfully?
Thanks in advance...
Hmm..some new names I've never heard of so I figure I'd give these a try..
- MyBackup Pro: Like a very lightweight backup tool. Cloud backupping works for call logs/apps/texts but uses RerWare's proprietary cloud servers. Limited space; need to take a backup beforehand. Does not have app extraction from Nandroid backup functionality.
- 3C Toolbox Pro: Powerful/comprehensive app rom app. Similar to Titanium Backup + GravityBox + file explorer. Does not have app extraction from Nandroid backup functionality.
- oandbackup: Essentially just the batch local backupping functionality stripped from TB. Does not have app extraction from Nandroid backup functionality.
- Swift Backup: Easy-to-use backupping tool for apps messages and call logs/texts. Modern/stores in cloud (Google Drive). Similar to TB + SMS Backup+. Needs premium to unlock features. Does not have app extraction from Nandroid backup functionality. Need to take a backup beforehand.
- Rom Toolbox Pro: JRummy app. File manager + DNS changer + Auto start manager + terminal emulator + rom backup/restore tool. Quite old (last update Oct, 2016). Does not have app extraction from Nandroid backup functionality. Nothing special here!
Good apps, but Nandroid Manager and Titanium Backup are the only apps still that I am aware of that will allow you to restore apps directly from a nandroid backup. Swift Backup is a good backup option otherwise, but TB is still the holy grail and most reliable/feature-rich for your $
As mentioned before, if you wind up in a situation where your phone will not boot, then there is no way to take a manual backup using the tools above, hence the value of this rare functionality!
|backup, manager, nandroid, yaffs|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|