Post Reply Email Thread
AGAWhitty
1st April 2018, 05:00 AM |#1351  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
1st April 2018, 06:49 AM |#1352  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
I was wondering this too when I attempted to get the latest version from Play Store.

Is the v2.4.1 attached to OP not the latest version?
4th April 2018, 04:35 PM |#1353  

More
2.4.1 only seems to be able to recover Apps, but hangs on Data.
Titanium Backup can recover both, but the button to select Missing Apps doesn't work.
B also requires that you copy your backup to the internal SD, or else it will not be discovered.

Fix: Select missing Apps in Nandoid Manager > restore only App > take a note of the apps that you restored > use Titanium Backup to restore the data.
5th April 2018, 02:41 AM |#1354  
Thanks Meter: 1,358

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuppej

... Titanium Backup can recover both, but.... Select missing Apps in Nandoid Manager > restore only App > take a note of the apps that you restored > use Titanium Backup to restore the data.

anyone interested could try 'mybackup pro' app. works fine backing up and restoring stuff.
5th April 2018, 08:59 AM |#1355  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:

2.4.1 only seems to be able to recover Apps, but hangs on Data.
Titanium Backup can recover both, but the button to select Missing Apps doesn't work.
B also requires that you copy your backup to the internal SD, or else it will not be discovered.

Fix: Select missing Apps in Nandoid Manager > restore only App > take a note of the apps that you restored > use Titanium Backup to restore the data.

Try 3C Toolbox Pro (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ccc71.at)
or
oandbackup (https://f-droid.org/packages/dk.jens.backup/)
or
Swift Backup (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ps.swiftbackup)
or
Rom Toolbox Pro v6.0.7.0.
5th April 2018, 06:00 PM |#1356  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0han

anyone interested could try 'mybackup pro' app. works fine backing up and restoring stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextheart

Try 3C Toolbox Pro (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ccc71.at)
or
oandbackup (https://f-droid.org/packages/dk.jens.backup/)
or
Swift Backup (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ps.swiftbackup)
or
Rom Toolbox Pro v6.0.7.0.

Hmm..some new names I've never heard of so I figure I'd give these a try..

- MyBackup Pro: Like a very lightweight backup tool. Cloud backupping works for call logs/apps/texts but uses RerWare's proprietary cloud servers. Limited space; need to take a backup beforehand. Does not have app extraction from Nandroid backup functionality.
- 3C Toolbox Pro: Powerful/comprehensive app rom app. Similar to Titanium Backup + GravityBox + file explorer. Does not have app extraction from Nandroid backup functionality.
- oandbackup: Essentially just the batch local backupping functionality stripped from TB. Does not have app extraction from Nandroid backup functionality.
- Swift Backup: Easy-to-use backupping tool for apps messages and call logs/texts. Modern/stores in cloud (Google Drive). Similar to TB + SMS Backup+. Needs premium to unlock features. Does not have app extraction from Nandroid backup functionality. Need to take a backup beforehand.
- Rom Toolbox Pro: JRummy app. File manager + DNS changer + Auto start manager + terminal emulator + rom backup/restore tool. Quite old (last update Oct, 2016). Does not have app extraction from Nandroid backup functionality. Nothing special here!

Results-
Good apps, but Nandroid Manager and Titanium Backup are the only apps still that I am aware of that will allow you to restore apps directly from a nandroid backup. Swift Backup is a good backup option otherwise, but TB is still the holy grail and most reliable/feature-rich for your $
As mentioned before, if you wind up in a situation where your phone will not boot, then there is no way to take a manual backup using the tools above, hence the value of this rare functionality!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skuppej For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skuppej Ad-Free
1st May 2018, 05:43 PM |#1357  
Thanks Meter: 176

Donate to Me
More
Hey guys...

I would like to extract an important (for me) .db3 file from an existing nandroid backup. I've already used some apps and also Nandroid Manager, I've made it to extract this file with NM but it seems to be empy. It shouldn't be empty, but contain some data instead. While creating this nandroid backup, this file contained data...so it should be somewhere.
Is there an option for a deep scan or something, or is there anything else I have to consider to get it extracted successfully?

Thanks in advance...
27th May 2018, 07:37 PM |#1358  
Flag Bielefeld
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc4r3Crow

Hey guys...

I would like to extract an important (for me) .db3 file from an existing nandroid backup. I've already used some apps and also Nandroid Manager, I've made it to extract this file with NM but it seems to be empy. It shouldn't be empty, but contain some data instead. While creating this nandroid backup, this file contained data...so it should be somewhere.
Is there an option for a deep scan or something, or is there anything else I have to consider to get it extracted successfully?

Thanks in advance...

You can extract it with 7-ZIP on your PC
27th May 2018, 07:48 PM |#1359  
Thanks Meter: 176

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielL.

You can extract it with 7-ZIP on your PC

Nope, tried that but it didn't work. I can extract some of the backup's files, but for others I get an error message...also for the file where the mentioned data should be.
8th June 2018, 03:17 AM |#1360  
Thanks Meter: 239

More
Hi,

I previously paid for this app and now I need it again, but it's been removed from the Play Store (as of 06/07/2018).

How can I get the Pro Unlock app? Or does the Developer have other apps in the Play Store so that I can get his email address and email him about it?

Thanks!

Dave

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote:

Hmm..some new names I've never heard of so I figure I'd give these a try..

- MyBackup Pro: Like a very lightweight backup tool. Cloud backupping works for call logs/apps/texts but uses RerWare's proprietary cloud servers. Limited space; need to take a backup beforehand. Does not have app extraction from Nandroid backup functionality.
- 3C Toolbox Pro: Powerful/comprehensive app rom app. Similar to Titanium Backup + GravityBox + file explorer. Does not have app extraction from Nandroid backup functionality.
- oandbackup: Essentially just the batch local backupping functionality stripped from TB. Does not have app extraction from Nandroid backup functionality.
- Swift Backup: Easy-to-use backupping tool for apps messages and call logs/texts. Modern/stores in cloud (Google Drive). Similar to TB + SMS Backup+. Needs premium to unlock features. Does not have app extraction from Nandroid backup functionality. Need to take a backup beforehand.
- Rom Toolbox Pro: JRummy app. File manager + DNS changer + Auto start manager + terminal emulator + rom backup/restore tool. Quite old (last update Oct, 2016). Does not have app extraction from Nandroid backup functionality. Nothing special here!

Results-
Good apps, but Nandroid Manager and Titanium Backup are the only apps still that I am aware of that will allow you to restore apps directly from a nandroid backup. Swift Backup is a good backup option otherwise, but TB is still the holy grail and most reliable/feature-rich for your $
As mentioned before, if you wind up in a situation where your phone will not boot, then there is no way to take a manual backup using the tools above, hence the value of this rare functionality!

Just as a friendly FYI, so many developers write it, but there is no so word as "backupping". It simply does not exist.

Correctly stated: Backing Up

TTYL
The Following User Says Thank You to Zeuszoos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zeuszoos Ad-Free
6th July 2018, 01:12 AM |#1361  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can it be used to restore text messages after a factory reset?

I never made a Nandroid backup before it looped and I did not know where to get the files from using TWRP Recovery.

I did not know how to get the text files from a soft brick so I just grabbed the files I could out of the device and did a factory reset and flash of the rom stock.

It is factory reset to S3 Telus SGH-i747m stock rom now.

Is it still able to get files from after a factory reset?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, manager, nandroid, yaffs

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)