Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.1+] YouTube Downloader v6.7.1

1,603 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,502

Post Reply Email Thread
11th November 2018, 05:18 AM |#3601  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Have you turned on "allow installation from unknown sources" in privacy or security or developer options?

It may have been reset when you upgraded Android.

11th November 2018, 05:47 AM |#3602  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by binser

Have you turned on "allow installation from unknown sources" in privacy or security or developer options?

It may have been reset when you upgraded Android.

Unless I am mistaken, which is possible, on 8.1.0 (or really lineage 15.1) its under apps, special app access, install unknown apps. However youtube-dl isn't there. I don't know if it was at one time, and an update borked it, be it youtube-dl or lineage (as this is a new phone) or I am looking in the wrong place.
11th November 2018, 06:00 AM |#3603  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Yes, as I tried to indicate, it is in different places in different Android versions and in different Android forks.

But there is not much reason to post for support here unless you first found that setting and made sure it is activated.

And of course just downloading ytdl is not enough. You must start the install process in your file manager usually by clicking on the downloaded file.
11th November 2018, 07:14 AM |#3604  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,735

More
Quote:

You must start the install process in your file manager usually by clicking on the downloaded file.

As an aside, It can also be installed via adb, including adb over WiFi.
11th November 2018, 09:24 AM |#3605  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp!

I'm getting the encrypted error too.
Love this app so looking for an alternative is a no..
I'll wait for den..

U are right..No app can replace this one..but cant dwnload videos...am now using keepvid app
11th November 2018, 12:17 PM |#3606  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredbaron1834

Same. Went to my download folder and had 20ish apks dowbloaded (ie -1, -2 etc). Had to install manually to stop it.

How did you get manual install to work? When I try to open the file nothing happens.

As far as I can tell my device is still allowing installs from unknown. I go into downloads and try to open the file and it literally doesn't do anything.
11th November 2018, 12:35 PM |#3607  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin Smiley

I'm having an issue updating to the latest version from 6.3. I always seem to have issues updating but I never remember what I had done to fix it the last time

Auto and manual installs are just doing nothing it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredbaron1834

Same. Went to my download folder and had 20ish apks dowbloaded (ie -1, -2 etc). Had to install manually to stop it.

It's yet another problem spawn recently. When I push an update on the blog, the pages change almost instantly, but the APK files take a few minutes to update. So for a certain time after an update is online, the app finds the update but still downloads the old package. Then the checksum fails and it won't install.
I already have the solution, but it's client side and so it can be used only in the next YTD version.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
11th November 2018, 12:37 PM |#3608  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Davis

U are right..No app can replace this one..but cant dwnload videos...am now using keepvid app

did you update to the latest v6.5.1?

Quote:

... you first found that setting and made sure it is activated.

And of course just downloading ytdl is not enough. You must start the install process in your file manager usually by clicking on the downloaded file.

that's right.
The Following User Says Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
11th November 2018, 12:38 PM |#3609  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin Smiley

I'm having an issue updating to the latest version from 6.3. I always seem to have issues updating but I never remember what I had done to fix it the last time

Auto and manual installs are just doing nothing it seems.

Same issue I had, but manual install worked.
It was a small price to pay for excellence..
The Following User Says Thank You to Wasp! For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wasp! Ad-Free
11th November 2018, 12:43 PM |#3610  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp!

Same issue I had, but manual install worked.
It was a small price to pay for excellence..

Thanks, appreciated. But honestly we are far from excellence it's a damn buggy app that kinda do what's supposed to do. It would need a complete rewrite.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
11th November 2018, 12:51 PM |#3611  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Hey bro, you provided us with an app that picks videos off of YouTube, allows us to rip audio off of it and convert it to mp3.

All for free..

That makes this app perfect, bugs and all.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wasp! For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wasp! Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adfree, youtube downloader android dentex free

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)