Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][JB][02/28/2019] aospSX 1.0.9

76 posts
Thanks Meter: 96

Post Reply Email Thread
14th February 2014, 02:45 AM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Anyone else having battery drain or dropped calls?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda app-developers app

14th February 2014, 04:07 AM |#92  
Flag █ ▆ ▄ ▂ ▁ ▂ ▄ ▆ █`
Thanks Meter: 501

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krsboimo0o0o

Anyone else having battery drain or dropped calls?

What kernel you using?

Weird, ics with signal drop hmmm..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
15th February 2014, 03:47 AM |#93  

More
I didn't flash a different kernel. I was using the one provided in the stepps final rom. I am guessing the device didn't go to sleep. I would start off the day with battery at 100% at 6am and by 4pm I would be at 18%. With little to no use. Battery usage claimed it was the display and phone idle. And the dropped calls happened with almost full signal, calling a land line, on speaker phone.

15th February 2014, 05:55 PM |#94  
Flag █ ▆ ▄ ▂ ▁ ▂ ▄ ▆ █`
Thanks Meter: 501

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krsboimo0o0o

I didn't flash a different kernel. I was using the one provided in the stepps final rom. I am guessing the device didn't go to sleep. I would start off the day with battery at 100% at 6am and by 4pm I would be at 18%. With little to no use. Battery usage claimed it was the display and phone idle. And the dropped calls happened with almost full signal, calling a land line, on speaker phone.

What's the kernel in the rom ?

15th February 2014, 10:28 PM |#95  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_otori0us_

What's the kernel in the rom ?

2.6.35.14 mint chocolate

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
23rd February 2014, 01:37 PM |#96  
Flag Rio Grande
Thanks Meter: 2,160

Donate to Me
More
For anyone still using this ROM I found a MOD called Potato Statusbar Gesture in the portal. I edited it to work on this ROM and made a flashable zip for anyone who would like to try it. It comes with a app to control the gestures.
You can check out the MOD here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50393401

If its something you would like to try let me know and I'll send you a link to the zip.
25th February 2014, 10:15 PM |#97  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppnasty

Just updated OP with Gapps link

Is there any reason to install these Gapps? The ROM already seems to have all Gapps included, except for face recognition which I would never use. Just curious as the phone, play store, etc. all seem to be working fine without flashing separate Gapps.

Setting this phone up for a family member and don't want any instability; so far everything looks great.
25th February 2014, 10:27 PM |#98  
OP Member
Flag Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 96

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackel

Is there any reason to install these Gapps? The ROM already seems to have all Gapps included, except for face recognition which I would never use. Just curious as the phone, play store, etc. all seem to be working fine without flashing separate Gapps.

Setting this phone up for a family member and don't want any instability; so far everything looks great.

If everything works fine then I wouldn't worry about it. I just provided a link to the Gapps that I have tested with.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steppnasty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Steppnasty Ad-Free
1st March 2014, 11:13 AM |#99  
Flag Rio Grande
Thanks Meter: 2,160

Donate to Me
More
Here is a MOD I ported and integrated into the settings menu called Potato Statusbar Gesture. All credit goes to the original creator that can be found in the Potato Statusbar Gesture Thread.
This will only work on this ROM.
To install first make a backup, wipe caches then flash from recover. Enjoy....

Here are a few screenshots to see what its like. Hope someone likes it.

Settings Menu

Potato Statusbar Settings Menu

Gesture Options

If you like it you can get it here.
Potato Statusbar Gesture
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to linsalata28 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linsalata28 Ad-Free
14th June 2014, 08:45 PM |#100  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Really liking this ROM. Battery lasts all day and it seems very responsive and lightweight, however, I'm having a few minor problems.

Every once in awhile all text (in menus, in apps, everywhere) will get all garbled up and look corrupted, almost like memory from one location bled over to another or something. Everything still *works* fine, it's all just illegible until I reboot. Only seems to happen once a week or less, so not a huge issue, but still there.

My other problem is that the camera seems to take corrupt images when used within any app other than the actual camera app. So if I take a picture with the camera it comes out just fine and there are no problems, but if I use a different app to take a picture, like my bank's app so I can deposit a check, the resulting image is either corrupt looking or will have parts of the *previous* image taken overlaid into it.

Has anyone else had any issues like this? They haven't stopped me from using this ROM as my new DD, but I'd like to fix them if possible.
26th June 2014, 10:48 PM |#101  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kline

Really liking this ROM. Battery lasts all day and it seems very responsive and lightweight, however, I'm having a few minor problems.

Every once in awhile all text (in menus, in apps, everywhere) will get all garbled up and look corrupted, almost like memory from one location bled over to another or something. Everything still *works* fine, it's all just illegible until I reboot. Only seems to happen once a week or less, so not a huge issue, but still there.

My other problem is that the camera seems to take corrupt images when used within any app other than the actual camera app. So if I take a picture with the camera it comes out just fine and there are no problems, but if I use a different app to take a picture, like my bank's app so I can deposit a check, the resulting image is either corrupt looking or will have parts of the *previous* image taken overlaid into it.

Has anyone else had any issues like this? They haven't stopped me from using this ROM as my new DD, but I'd like to fix them if possible.

Yep, I have both those issues. Never really noticed the third party camera issue until you mentioned it. As far as the garbled text, it doesn't happen that often, but the workaround I use is to enable the "Kill App Back Button" in Developer options, then just long press the back button if it happens. It works on any app, including the launcher, so you don't have to reboot the whole phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to unqualified For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift unqualified Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)