FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][m7]Android 4.4.3 KTU84L Google Play Edition - Rooted/Busybox/Odexed (6/4/14)

1,366 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,919

Post Reply Email Thread
1st July 2013, 05:18 PM |#1001  
Flag Sion
Thanks Meter: 870

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc

Yeah same here. Tethering is included in my mobile share data package. How are you liking Glass so far? The more I use it, the more I like it.

I'd really like to get the full boot.img pulled from the GE rom (if we can kind someone who has one in their possession) It could be a kernel related issue. I'll play around tonight for sure to see if I can get it working

Gunny said to try this one. I have yet to try yet.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=com.bluedun

You could compile it with source code http://www.htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads (the one labeled "stock UI")

1st July 2013, 05:38 PM |#1002  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewall

You could compile it with source code http://www.htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads (the one labeled "stock UI")

I hate to sound like a idiot, but where would I start???

Just got off the phone with ATT...

Its not them. from their side, everything looks good.

Im assuming its a Kernel or radio thing?

If I even knew where to start I would try to do more.

Thanks guys!
1st July 2013, 05:48 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir95

No, but I'm not sure that it matters. T-Mobile and AT&T have mostly over-lapping LTE bands, with the distinction that AT&T has an extra 850MHz and a 1900MHz LTE band (but that's almost exclusively used by 3G in most markets), so you should be fine. If anything, call AT&T if it doesn't work and simply tell them to make sure you are on a "4G LTE" data plan. Don't let them tell you your phone won't work, because it will. Don't even let them tell you which APN to use because it most likely will be the wap.cingular one and that barely even gets you 3G speeds.

So, I talked to AT&T several times and they confirmed I'm on the 4G LTE plan. But as of yet, I still haven't been able to get on LTE at any point. I've driven around most of the LA area (downtown, Dodger Stadium, Chinatown, Hollywood) and did not see once a 4G LTE icon. It was either "H" or 3G the entire time. A check on Speedtest confirmed that the "H" connection was asymetrical as well (12Mbps up/2Mbps down). Switching to my T-mobile SIM, I was definitely on 4G LTE, as indicated by the icon, and a Speedtest of 12Mbps up/11Mbps down. My first suspicion is that something is not turned on on the AT&T side. I don't really feel like dealing with AT&T tech support anymore, so I may actually just go and buy an AT&T branded HTC One, put my AT&T SIM in there, and check for LTE. If I get it, then it would confirm to me that a T-Mobile, Google Edition flashed, HTC One really doesn't work with AT&T's LTE (which totally contradicts EVERYTHING I've read on here and other sites). If I don't get it, then something is wrong with the provisioning on AT&T's side.

Either way, this is yet another nail in the coffin for my relationship with AT&T. And I'll most likely be making the switch to T-Mobile come December when my contract with AT&T ends.

If anyone has had experience with a T-Mobile branded HTC one on AT&T I'd love to hear it.
1st July 2013, 06:14 PM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffssslll

Is there any way to show battery %?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappakai

So, I talked to AT&T several times and they confirmed I'm on the 4G LTE plan. But as of yet, I still haven't been able to get on LTE at any point. I've driven around most of the LA area (downtown, Dodger Stadium, Chinatown, Hollywood) and did not see once a 4G LTE icon. It was either "H" or 3G the entire time. A check on Speedtest confirmed that the "H" connection was asymetrical as well (12Mbps up/2Mbps down). Switching to my T-mobile SIM, I was definitely on 4G LTE, as indicated by the icon, and a Speedtest of 12Mbps up/11Mbps down. My first suspicion is that something is not turned on on the AT&T side. I don't really feel like dealing with AT&T tech support anymore, so I may actually just go and buy an AT&T branded HTC One, put my AT&T SIM in there, and check for LTE. If I get it, then it would confirm to me that a T-Mobile, Google Edition flashed, HTC One really doesn't work with AT&T's LTE (which totally contradicts EVERYTHING I've read on here and other sites). If I don't get it, then something is wrong with the provisioning on AT&T's side.

Either way, this is yet another nail in the coffin for my relationship with AT&T. And I'll most likely be making the switch to T-Mobile come December when my contract with AT&T ends.

If anyone has had experience with a T-Mobile branded HTC one on AT&T I'd love to hear it.

Try this: go to the dialer and enter;

*#*#4636#*#*

Click on Phone Information

Scroll down to Set preferred network type

Select that one that you want

hit back

here's the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1636345
1st July 2013, 06:38 PM |#1005  
Flag Charlottesville
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Does anybody notice the sound fading in? This is especially noticeable when the device has been silent for some time, and you can test it in places like the dialer or Phrases with Friends. It makes games like the latter sound awful and hard on the ears, and it just sounds awkward for the dialer. It additionally causes all of my notifications to phase in slowly, and it just sounds unpleasant.

Edit: I might also note that I have disabled Beats and never intend on turning it on. However, when Beats is on, this fading in seems less prominent.
1st July 2013, 06:51 PM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznxk3vi17

Does anybody notice the sound fading in? This is especially noticeable when the device has been silent for some time, and you can test it in places like the dialer or Phrases with Friends. It makes games like the latter sound awful and hard on the ears, and it just sounds awkward for the dialer. It additionally causes all of my notifications to phase in slowly, and it just sounds unpleasant.

Edit: I might also note that I have disabled Beats and never intend on turning it on. However, when Beats is on, this fading in seems less prominent.

I'm getting this in the dialler. Thought it was the other caller but it's been more than once now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
1st July 2013, 06:58 PM |#1007  
Thanks Meter: 229

More
I'm curious for those who on running this ROM now, how do you feel about losing the Sense based camera options? Just looking for some feedback on how you think the photo's look with the stock camera app.
1st July 2013, 07:00 PM |#1008  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kappakai

Doesn't the TMo branded phone have a radio tuned to TMo LTE bands only? When you pop in the AT&T sim Im guessing the radio cannot tune into the AT&T LTE bands.

Obviously with the AT&T branded phone this is a non issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
1st July 2013, 07:26 PM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dray

Try this: go to the dialer and enter;

*#*#4636#*#*

Click on Phone Information

Scroll down to Set preferred network type

Select that one that you want

hit back

here's the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1636345

Thank you.

I switched to GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto. I see network type switching between HSPAP, UTMS, and HSDPA. I'm not 100% sure I get LTE at my office, so I will run with this a bit and see what I get.

Currently phone shows 4G icon (not LTE) and I'm getting 92ms/10.1mbps/1mbps.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayone73

Doesn't the TMo branded phone have a radio tuned to TMo LTE bands only? When you pop in the AT&T sim Im guessing the radio cannot tune into the AT&T LTE bands.

Obviously with the AT&T branded phone this is a non issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I thought the Tmobile radio overlapped with the AT&T ones? I'm limited on my knowledge here, so I'm not sure. Although, based on the below, it looks like the LTE bands overlap?

From AT&T's website, HTC One:

Wireless Technology

4G-LTE Band 4 and 17

4G HSPA+ HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul

3G - UMTS 850/1900/2100MHz

GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz

From T-Mobile's HTC One:
Band (frequency)
GSM bands 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
UMTS: Band I(2100)
UMTS: Band II(1900)
UMTS: Band IV(1700/2100/AAWS)
UMTS: Band V(850)
LTE Band: 4, 17

Looking around a bit more, looks like I might need to get an AT&T branded LTE phone's IMEI on my account FIRST, before the unlocked T-Mobile one will work. I can't just call in and give them the TMobile IMEI and have them provision it. It HAS to be an AT&T branded one....
1st July 2013, 08:30 PM |#1010  
Flag Jeddah
Thanks Meter: 5,742

More
@bigxie I mirrored the ROM to a high speed FTP server, http://htcfanboys.com/download/theDr...list&file=5474

Please do add it to OP,

Cheers!

Sent from my HTC One X
1st July 2013, 08:46 PM |#1011  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc

Yeah same here. Tethering is included in my mobile share data package. How are you liking Glass so far? The more I use it, the more I like it.

I'd really like to get the full boot.img pulled from the GE rom (if we can kind someone who has one in their possession) It could be a kernel related issue. I'll play around tonight for sure to see if I can get it working

Gunny said to try this one. I have yet to try yet.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=com.bluedun

Ive tried the kernel that came with the rom, and the Bulletproof kernel. Both dont work. Any other ideas?

Also, on a side note, when I compared my phone to a stock HTC One, I noticed my date is diffrent from his. does that at all mean anything?

or is it a production date?

Thanks!

**EDIT** His date (Image included) is May 18th, my date is May 3rd. My phone is newer... is this from flashing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown.jpg
Views:	909
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	2084050  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)