[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.1 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

Search This thread

alkorsi

Sep 17, 2008
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to add an website as widget to the screen?

Thanks and kind regards,
alkorsi

Ch@rly

Feb 7, 2007
Paris
@mskip

Finally I regulated alone my problem of icon Weather forecast and Battery by changing qa_layouts.dat
On the contrary there is an error in your file " MS301 WidgetsProPlusExtras_launcher_agenda_contacts 052209.cab ".
When it is installed, there are the taskmanager and not the agenda.
I corrected it for me, but I say it to you because if you make new packs from your old files, there will always be problem. ;)

Last edited:

1ucio

Nov 8, 2006
Hi!
Thanks to MarkRain for the added instructions.
Thank you fred for additional icons.

1. you need sk shortcut manager installed on your phone.
2. reshacker on your pc

-use reshacker exe to open dll files with icons ( downloaded some found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=474346 ) and replace the original icons with your custom icons or the ones i attached ( icons from fred ). save the new dll when done.
note: original file dll will not be overwritten. it will create new file then just rename it to what u want like " name iconset.dll"
-just redo this to customize more icons.
-transfer your new icons dll file to phone any folder and use sk shortcut manager to change the app icons.

Enjoy!

Thx for sharing! Any luck on changing the icons for system files?

Haha i tried till i gave up :(

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
@mskip

Finally I regulated alone my problem of icon Weather forecast and Battery by changing qa_layouts.dat
On the contrary there is an error in your file " MS301 WidgetsProPlusExtras_launcher_agenda_contacts 052209.cab ".
When it is installed, there are the taskmanager and not the agenda.
I corrected it for me, but I say it to you because if you make new packs from your old files, there will always be problem. ;)
What was your problem with weather forecast and battery?
What did you have to do to fix it?

I have to make soo many different combinations to please different peoples tastes that sometimes mistakes are made. If they are reported then they can be corrected imediately.

Im releasing the next version in the next day with complete compatability for Mobile Shell 3.0.1 Final plus alot of mods. More to follow.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Ch@rly

Feb 7, 2007
Paris
What was your problem with weather forecast and battery?
What did you have to do to fix it?

I have to make soo many different combinations to please different peoples tastes that sometimes mistakes are made. If they are reported then they can be corrected imediately.

Im releasing the next version in the next day with complete compatability for Mobile Shell 3.0.1 Final plus alot of mods. More to follow.

Thanks for the feedback :)
All is explained in the post #1968
I've reduced the height beetween the text and the icon.

I put it for you my WidgetsPlus.xml correctfor this problem

and my MenuBar3.xml correct for the problem TaskManager/Agenda

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
VGA and WVGA Testers Wanted

Can someone with a VGA or WVGA phone and has a bit of time to spare please pm me so I can send them a link for the MS301 Widgets Pro Plus Extras 052609. This is the QVGA version and hasnt been modified in any way but I want to see what if anything works before I start changing any code so I can try to get a Pro Plus version for VGA/WVGA phones.

I need them to install Widgets Pro Plus, go through all the Widgets and tell me what if anything works and how it looks. Also test the extras and let me know what works such as the TaskManager WirelessManager and Brightness Panels work in the carousel, the 3 button Bottom Menu and invisible bottom menu background. If anything works but doesnt look right I need screenshots so people with a bit of knowledge would be useful.

I have no VGA or WVGA phone to test anything on (if someone has a spare old one they dont use anymore for me to use as a test phone that would be even better :p) so im relying on these people to be able to test versions and get back to me quickly.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
All is explained in the post #1968
I've reduced the height beetween the text and the icon.

I put it for you my WidgetsPlus.xml correctfor this problem

and my MenuBar3.xml correct for the problem TaskManager/Agenda
Is that a true .zip file or does it need renaming? The file is corrupted please check and resend :)

Edit: Nevermind I remember what you was on about now. In the next version I have 2 BatteryPro and 2 WeatherPro widgets to accomodate the different sizes of Digital Clock. Also I have 5 different menu3.xml versions and must have put the wrong one in so it doesnt matter about that one either. I wont bother updating my last post as im just finishing about widget frame and then cabbing up the next versions (including one for custom backgrounds on the Pro and other screens).

Last edited:

Zepiii

Retired Forum Moderator
Can someone with a VGA or WVGA phone and has a bit of time to spare please pm me so I can send them a link for the MS301 Widgets Pro Plus Extras 052609. This is the QVGA version and hasnt been modified in any way but I want to see what if anything works before I start changing any code so I can try to get a Pro Plus version for VGA/WVGA phones.

I need them to install Widgets Pro Plus, go through all the Widgets and tell me what if anything works and how it looks. Also test the extras and let me know what works such as the TaskManager WirelessManager and Brightness Panels work in the carousel, the 3 button Bottom Menu and invisible bottom menu background. If anything works but doesnt look right I need screenshots so people with a bit of knowledge would be useful.

I have no VGA or WVGA phone to test anything on (if someone has a spare old one they dont use anymore for me to use as a test phone that would be even better :p) so im relying on these people to be able to test versions and get back to me quickly.

I've a HTC Touch HD, so WVGA, but i don't have so much spare... Send it me, i'll check as much thing as i can, but currently, i am stuyding like hell.. Paradise back the 12 June :D

hossann

Aug 9, 2008
MS3 is very nice. Unfortunately after i install, it took up too much mem. I cant start up my camera to work, showing not enough memory. I do not have any other programs install in the device. I am using LG KS20. Anyone can advise?

The camera cannot start up issue has been solved? Anyone can advise?

shumilica

Apr 20, 2008
Bucharest
Can somebody make a clock widget after the analog clock from titanium?
screenshot2m.png

And did anybody figure it out how to point contact button from the home menu to a prefered contact manager program? (I use phonex)
Thanks in advance for any response!
Keep it going!

Ch@rly

Feb 7, 2007
Paris
Is that a true .zip file or does it need renaming? The file is corrupted please check and resend :)

Edit: Nevermind I remember what you was on about now. In the next version I have 2 BatteryPro and 2 WeatherPro widgets to accomodate the different sizes of Digital Clock. Also I have 5 different menu3.xml versions and must have put the wrong one in so it doesnt matter about that one either. I wont bother updating my last post as im just finishing about widget frame and then cabbing up the next versions (including one for custom backgrounds on the Pro and other screens).
New send, I hope it's good ;)

overhaulengines

Oct 22, 2007
San Antonio

ali1010

Nov 25, 2008
Do you know when a new version becomes?

Thank you very much for your help. So I wait for my resolution.

best regards
saveck

Hi saveck!
mskip always updates his widget pro plus usually within 3-5 days if theres new ones to add, and his always here to help us. i just read his asking for testers for other resolutions so he can fix it. try to assist/pm him so he can release the resolution you need.
thanks.

Last edited:

ali1010

Nov 25, 2008
Thx for sharing! Any luck on changing the icons for system files?

Haha i tried till i gave up :(

Hi 1ucio!
still no luck for me too.
what i did for other system apps was installing alternate apps like htc calculator for omnia, resco file explorer and photo viewer, thumbcal, vsnotepad,... which i put on my lifestyle pages and then removing the program links of the system apps with same function.
but hopefully someone can help us how to change the system apps icons. LOL!

M3shuggah

May 12, 2009
what do you use to edit the dat files? like qa_layouts

I use Winrar.

I just wanted to point out that the Battery Icon tip for the Professional Layout is no longer working in SPB 3.01 Final. SPB will not open with the XML file added, but as soon as you revert to the original, SPB will function again.

Is there something I am missing or is it only working for 3.0.0?

Nevermind.....I wasn't entering/adding the password to the .dat file when adding the new xml file. It is now working. :)

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Now cabbing up and making images for next version of Widgets Pro Plus QVGA/WQGVA. Should make a post within an hour :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry I know this post is old, but does anyone still have this full screen weather widget? I can't find the download link anywhere :(
    Try looking through the themes in post#6 of this thread. Im not sure whether its in there but its your best shot.

Mark.