[THEME]+[ICON PACK] 4G icons for HSPA instead of H ICONS for CM7

Search This thread

reddv1

Sep 16, 2009
Torrance, CA
I'm having the exact same problem, with all themes.

Is there anyway to correct this? I'd greatly appreciate it!

The only way to correct this is to edit the theme apk by following the same steps I provided to edit the SystemUI.apk. I guess the theme is overriding the changes the 4Gicons theme.

I can try editing the theme you are using if you'd like to include the 4g icons.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App

gizzymo

Jan 16, 2010
Tacoma
Any possible way to stop the FC of the status bar running the current nighties of CM7? or plan on fixing it when CM7 Final comes?

TheMan42

Mar 19, 2009
Could someone integrate this into the latest HoneyBread theme at all please?

Sent from my G2 using XDA App

gizzymo

Jan 16, 2010
Tacoma
okay, but CM 7 Final has came out. IDK if your busy with other stuff, but when you can could you update it for CM7 final BTW you rock for doing this!!!

Edit: the N37 file does work on CM7 Final! YOUR AWESOME! XD

Last edited:

dream8441

Sep 4, 2009
Could you please do it for the Honeycomb Theme? Please? and do u have also a CM7 Final 7.0 Version working please? ...btw/ confirming N37zip works w/ CM7 Final? Thanks for great work!

reddv1

Sep 16, 2009
Torrance, CA
Could you please do it for the Honeycomb Theme? Please? and do u have also a CM7 Final 7.0 Version working please? ...btw/ confirming N37zip works w/ CM7 Final? Thanks for great work!

I'll update the update for cm7 final in a bit. As for the honeycomb theme, I'll do it but can you attach a link to it, its hard finding all the themes on xda.

nonione

Aug 10, 2009
S.S.
hey red is there any chance i could change the E to 4g? lol im stuck with edge :( so at least i could fool some people around

derykisonder

Apr 5, 2011
I'll update the update for cm7 final in a bit. As for the honeycomb theme, I'll do it but can you attach a link to it, its hard finding all the themes on xda.

Here's the link:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1010089

[THEME] MattedBlues for CyanogenMod 7 ***UPDATED 4/11/11***

Maybe you can make the icons similar to the one that's based on the theme already.
Also the color code is in the first post so the color might be the same

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

reddv1

Sep 16, 2009
Torrance, CA
Here's the link:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1010089

[THEME] MattedBlues for CyanogenMod 7 ***UPDATED 4/11/11***

Maybe you can make the icons similar to the one that's based on the theme already.
Also the color code is in the first post so the color might be the same

I'll make the icons to match the theme, but I.m going to wait until he releases a version for CM7 Final cause it looks like he pulled the current one.

derykisonder

Apr 5, 2011
I'll make the icons to match the theme, but I.m going to wait until he releases a version for CM7 Final cause it looks like he pulled the current one.

I have the file actually. And I can upload it for you tomorrow. From the looks of it it's similar to the older versions. Just based off of cm7 stable. I can put the icon into the apk myself

derykisonder

Apr 5, 2011
Question about this... My phone basicly says H all the time and 3G very rarely. Well to be honest most of the places i have H i am getting old school 3G speeds not even 1Mbit. At the same time I can hit some towers getting 3+mbit but still says H. Will this, or is their something that really shows me HSPA vs HSPA+?

If you want the speeds. You will have to go to an area that has those speeds. Sometimes it'll show H but not the real speeds

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a basic theme that changes the H icon for HSPA in the status bar to a 4G icon for CM7.0.2 Final and Nightly 41-42.

I've included a Flashable Zip for CWR and an Icon pack if you would rather do it yourself.

Let me know how it goes and if you like the theme.

As for special requests for 4G icons, please attach a copy of SystemUI.apk if you're on 2.3, a copy of Framework-res.apk if you're on 2.2 or a copy of the theme APK if it's a ThemeManager theme. I just cant download or find every rom or theme that is requested.

Enjoy!
    Eamon

Icon Pack:
    4G icons.zip

CM7:
    4G-icons-theme-CM7.0.3.zip
    4G-icons-theme-N66.zip
    4G-icons-theme-CM7.0.2.zip
    4G-icons-theme-N42.zip
    4G-icons-theme-N41.zip
    4G-icons-theme-CM7.0.zip

Stock 2.3.4 (deodexed):

Other Roms:
    Ultimate Droid 3.3.0: 4G-icons-theme-UD330.zip

Theme Manager:
    Themes edit with 4G icons: (Uninstall the original theme before installing, and reboot after installing. If Androdian or Cyanbread came pre-installed on your rom, flash this Remove.zip to uninstall them)

Androidian.apk
    Cyanbread.apk
    Honeybread-4.apk
    Carbonite.apk
    Red_Remix.apk

uc
    Id appreciate the help..

I'm using gingervillian 1.5 . I did a backup to get my notification bar back, sadly my back up contained stuff from like a day ago so I lost my cool ass theme I set-up, oh well I fixed it within the hour so no big deal.

1. Use root explorer or adb to pull SystemUI.apk from the system/app folder
    2. On your computer rename SystemUI.apk to SystemUI.apk.zip
    3. Open SystemUI.apk.zip (dont extract just open archive) using 7zip and go to res\drawable-hdpi folder
    4. From the 4Gicons.zip posted in the OP copy the 8 png's and paste them into the System.apk.zip in res\drawable-hdpi.
    5. Rename SystemUI.apk.zip back to SystemUI.apk
    6. Zipalign APK(Step not absolutely necessary but optimizes the apk) put SystemUI.apk into tools folder of AndroidSDK. Open compand prompt and run this line "zipalign -v 4 SystemUI.apk SystemUIzipaligned.apk". A new APK called SystemUIzipaligned.apk will be created in the tools folder. Rename it back to SystemUI.apk
    7. Use root explorer or Adb to push SystemUI.apk back to system/app folder
    8. Using root explorer long press on SystemUI.apk and select permissions, place checks to User: read and write; Group read; Others: read, leave all other unchecked. ( i dont know how to change permissions using adb, this step might not be necessary if you dont have root explorer)
    8. SystemUI.apk might force close constantly after copying it back. So, turn of screen of the phone, then back on but dont unlock, then hold power button and choose power off or reboot.
    9.And your done

Here's a flashable zip I made you for GingerVillian 1.5 if you dont want to go through all those steps: 4Gicons-theme-GV15.zip
    YES! do that :) for the cyanbreadX theme!!

Here's the CyanBread theme apk with the 4G icons in it, I made the 4G cyan instead of green to match the theme. Just unzip the apk from the zipped file.

Updated APK, first one was broken.
    CyanBreadX
    Any possible way to stop the FC of the status bar running the current nighties of CM7? or plan on fixing it when CM7 Final comes?

I update the theme to work with CM7 nightly 37, let me know how it works.
    Ok, so which one do I download for CM7 final, I see two zip's on your OP, and I'm a little confused about which one to use.

Thanks

Download the first one that says theme in it and flash it. The other zip only has the icons in it if you wanna add them yourself.