Official Sony Z2 Tablet Case

Search This thread

HarpingOn

Oct 20, 2010
This case I ordered with the tablet and it has been in it from the start. I like this case.

Tablet in case, closed

6yhuba7a.jpg

The case will z fold for a stand. Ridges in the inside prevent slipping

nagezena.jpg

Case open on desk

narebede.jpg

Closer up on z fold

3ebegaqa.jpg

Case will roll up stand too. I don't think this is as secure, but may allow it to be in dock. I don't have a dock to test it.

e7e2yguq.jpg

Case has a cut out to enable dock use without removing the case. I don't yet have the official dock, but it fits in my third party one I use for my Z1 phone

9uqyrejy.jpg

Case closed. Is very thin.

asede4em.jpg

The tablet clips at the corners, securely but not too firm. All ports, flaps and buttons are perfectly accessible. Here are the corner clips.

apasu7ej.jpg

e8e6ehag.jpg

The case closes with a thin magnetic flap, and of course it's a smart cover to cut down on power button wear.

I like it. Not looking for another one.

Happy to answer any questions.

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk

adypem

Mar 21, 2012
I ordered the case with my tablet too, my only gripe is that the headphone socket is on the bottom of the tablet so when the case is used as a stand in the most stable setting you can't plug headphones in!!!

The box shows a triangle fold to allow space for the headphones but it doesn't feel as steady, why oh why did Sony put the headphone socket on the bottom long edge of the tablet??? Why not on the same side as the volume and power buttons?:confused::confused::confused:

HarpingOn

Oct 20, 2010
Ah. I have bluetooth receivers in my hi fi at home, and I use bluetooth apt-X headphones so I never even noticed where the headphone socket was on the tablet.

I don't actually see how you could plug headphones in at all with the tablet in this case when using the landscape stand

adypem

Mar 21, 2012
I've got the noise cancelling ones that use the tablet to do the noise cancelling, there's a picture on the box that the case comes in to show how it's meant to be but it means the tablet sits higher so isn't as stable :mad:

Stirius

Aug 23, 2013
I ordered the case with my tablet too, my only gripe is that the headphone socket is on the bottom of the tablet so when the case is used as a stand in the most stable setting you can't plug headphones in!!!

The box shows a triangle fold to allow space for the headphones but it doesn't feel as steady, why oh why did Sony put the headphone socket on the bottom long edge of the tablet??? Why not on the same side as the volume and power buttons?:confused::confused::confused:

You can switch it upside-down, hm?

HarpingOn

Oct 20, 2010
There are orientation apps that will allow you to force 180

fleckdalm

Dec 12, 2010
I have just received the case but I'm not really happy with it!
The magnetic shutter always covers the infrarot port so that it's unusable. In addition to that, when the case is closed and im holding it vertically in my hands, the magnet is not strong enough and the case opens. I also have problems with the charging dock, I always have to open the case and put the back aways in order for it to suit in the dock, this is really stupid! What is your experience with this points?

I also find it relatively heavy and thick, the tablet doesn't lay as good in my hands as before...

Regards
Fleckdalm

HarpingOn

Oct 20, 2010
The magnetic shutter always covers the infrarot port so that it's unusable. In addition to that, when the case is closed and im holding it vertically in my hands, the magnet is not strong enough and the case opens. I also have problems with the charging dock, I always have to open the case and put the back aways in order for it to suit in the dock, this is really stupid! What is your experience with this points?

I also find it relatively heavy and thick, the tablet doesn't lay as good in my hands as before...

Regards
Fleckdalm

The magnetic flap folds flat against the back of the case and holds itself out of the way of you need it to. At least it does on mine.

Yep, for the dock you do have to have the cover folded over, so that's how I do it. It's only in the dock when I'm asleep so not much of a problem.

If I hold the tablet with the case closed I can get the front to slip, the closing flap isn't that strong. It hasn't popped open in my bag so I've not worried about it so far.

I think it's just the right thickness. There is a full plastic tray for the tablet to sit in for rigidity.

At the end of the day, cases are ultra personal. I've been lucky with this Sony Style case, it suits me fine. I've still not found the perfect case for my xperia Z1, and I've tried all the ones that others think are great :)

d10brp

Feb 7, 2011
I've ordered one for my tab but I'm not looking forward to it all that much. The front-only cover on my Nexus 10 was almost perfect (would have been perfect if it was foldable).

I haven't actually received my Z2 yet but do any of you think a front-only cover is achievable? Based on what I have seen in pictures, my guess is no

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

UKBRIT

Apr 19, 2014
What were they thinking

Seriously why oh why put the headphone jack at the bottom of a device meaning you can't use it in a cover stand when on the move or in a public place and need to use earphones. It's a serious design flaw.

Can anyone post pics of their tab in the case and with headphones in? I've just ordered the official case. I live the tab and bought it knowing the headphone was in the worst place possible but hoping in a case and using with earphones that it's not that unstable. Anyone confirm!?

Jeddix

Jul 7, 2010
There is a hole for headphones at the bottom left of the official case. So there shouldn't be anything to worry for you.

Edit: Unless you really want to stand the tablet with headphones plugged in. Theoretically there ist one position where you can let the headphone jack plugged in but I can't get this position to stay stable.

But if the case is closed or only open on the front there is no problem with headphones.

Last edited:

UKBRIT

Apr 19, 2014
Great official case

I take it all back. The official case is perfect to use with headphones in 2 positions. It is light and feels sturdy in both positions say when on a train or flight. It's also light and doesn't add bulk.

I'm certainly pleased with the case. It does what I need it to while watching movies on the go and when I want to rest the case on a flat surface.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 1,123

Aredubu

Sep 14, 2013
Florida
Where are you guys finding the Sony cases? I don't see them on the Sony Store website. Are you using the Z1 cases?:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This case I ordered with the tablet and it has been in it from the start. I like this case.

Tablet in case, closed

6yhuba7a.jpg

The case will z fold for a stand. Ridges in the inside prevent slipping

nagezena.jpg

Case open on desk

narebede.jpg

Closer up on z fold

3ebegaqa.jpg

Case will roll up stand too. I don't think this is as secure, but may allow it to be in dock. I don't have a dock to test it.

e7e2yguq.jpg

Case has a cut out to enable dock use without removing the case. I don't yet have the official dock, but it fits in my third party one I use for my Z1 phone

9uqyrejy.jpg

Case closed. Is very thin.

asede4em.jpg

The tablet clips at the corners, securely but not too firm. All ports, flaps and buttons are perfectly accessible. Here are the corner clips.

apasu7ej.jpg

e8e6ehag.jpg

The case closes with a thin magnetic flap, and of course it's a smart cover to cut down on power button wear.

I like it. Not looking for another one.

Happy to answer any questions.

Regards
    Fleckdalm

The magnetic flap folds flat against the back of the case and holds itself out of the way of you need it to. At least it does on mine.

Yep, for the dock you do have to have the cover folded over, so that's how I do it. It's only in the dock when I'm asleep so not much of a problem.

If I hold the tablet with the case closed I can get the front to slip, the closing flap isn't that strong. It hasn't popped open in my bag so I've not worried about it so far.

I think it's just the right thickness. There is a full plastic tray for the tablet to sit in for rigidity.

At the end of the day, cases are ultra personal. I've been lucky with this Sony Style case, it suits me fine. I've still not found the perfect case for my xperia Z1, and I've tried all the ones that others think are great :)

SCR 12

Hi, I´ve recently purchuased my SCR12, it's quiet a nice case, bought it from ebay of course.
    Check out my review and show some love to my site =D

http://www.4gnews.pt/capa-para-xperia-z2-tablet-scr12-review/

Lots of pics.
    Overhall it's a great quality case, really handy with all ports and buttons available, even magnetic charging dock while on the cover.:cowboy:
    Hi everyone!

Here is my Sony case and keyboard!

ofiaich :D
    Hi everyone!

Docomo sells the Z2 Tablet and also has covers so I also bought this Docomo cover! It can turn to give landscape or portrait!

More covers here !

http://www.yodobashi.com/Avoc-%E3%82%A2%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A9%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF-AA400113-Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Toscana-Diary-Brown/pd/100000001002318048/

There are more with links from this page...

Ofiaich :laugh: