[LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR][ICS] SPH-D710 FL24 (FL24 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Root/Stock)

Search This thread

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Credits
Thanks go to the following:
- MoHoGalore for the repacks and one clicks (I'm just posting on his behalf today!)
- sfhub for many hints on how to do this - I'm just trying to help fill in while he's away.
- sextape for FL24 leak
- rwilco12 for advice and hosting
- rainmotorsports, dev-host for hosting
- Forum Members for their support and hopefully feedback on these builds!
Make sure you give them any thanks for this build - they did far more than I on this! :highfive:

This is a match of sextape's FL24 leak with only root added.
This means it should behave completely as if it is stock or released by either OTA/Kies.

ICS Notice
This is widely expected to be the final official ICS release for this device.

Link to One Click Thread (SXTP Developers)

Link to FL24 Kernel + Agat's tREC v0.2.2

peryp9

Jan 3, 2012
Credits
- MoHoGalore for the repacks and one clicks (I'm just posting on his behalf today!)
- sfhub for many hints on how to do this - I'm just trying to help fill in while he's away.
- sextape for FL24 leak
Make sure you give them any thanks for this build - they did far more than I on this! :highfive:

This means it should behave completely as if it is stock or released by either OTA/Kies.

ICS Notice

Wow, there are no comments posted here yet. I guess the E4GT is going to join the "legacy" devices very soon ... I hope not.

Great work to all those mentioned above !! Many thanks for making this devices more useful !

Reactions: joaranna
E

extreme sense

Where's the zip file? I want to test battery life on it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

g_ding84

May 15, 2012
Rochester, NY
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
Wow, there are no comments posted here yet. I guess the E4GT is going to join the "legacy" devices very soon ... I hope not.

Great work to all those mentioned above !! Many thanks for making this devices more useful !

Why would this join the legacy devices? There is still development on JB. This is just the last ICS build.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

garwynn

Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Why would this join the legacy devices? There is still development on JB. This is just the last ICS build.

If the rumors are true then we only have about 2 mos left on the support contract between Sprint and Samsung.
That's not to say it couldn't be extended... ;)

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
There's no modem.zip available for FL24? Can't completely flash on phone only then, forced to use the computer for real odin or one click.

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
What is this, the third or so version that's official, yet it still has the emmc bricking command in it's stock recovery?! If this is true, then I would have thought that it would have been fixed long ago. They'll plug an exploit but not a russian roulette self destruct code...

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Found modem.zip http://www.sxtpdevelopers.com/showthread.php?t=113

This is the original tar no root thread.

garwynn

Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
What is this, the third or so version that's official, yet it still has the emmc bricking command in it's stock recovery?! If this is true, then I would have thought that it would have been fixed long ago. They'll plug an exploit but not a russian roulette self destruct code...

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Found modem.zip http://www.sxtpdevelopers.com/showthread.php?t=113

This is the original tar no root thread.

According to them it can't happen on stock. The Exynos exploit could.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn
Are you kidding me, why would you bother with ics when jellybean runs so well on the epic?
Pp.:confused:

sent from a jellybean filled epic touch.

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
JB are betas at best. As far as I know, at least everything works in ICS. I did get caught in a boot loop today with this. It was the not rooted one and I used MOP to flash and inject root. In the beginning, it seemed to work okay. I tried using cpu classic to underclock it to 1000 then I went a step lower to 800/200 ondemand cfq. It didn't like that one bit! It seemed the battery lost quite a bit of life between reboots and the phone was getting warm, not the battery. Went back to what I was using before. Maybe I should try the computer odin version and see if it behaves itself.

Reactions: Surj138 and garwynn

badkarmah187

Dec 6, 2010
getting great battery life.

Using this FL24 stock rooted. After the 2nd day of usage. Got about 53% by the end of the day. Almost 16 hours. See attached screen shot.:cowboy:

Previously, I tested JB version FL16 stock rooted. The battery life was horrible. Locked up a lot! Had to remove my battery from lockups more than 5 times.:crying:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-24-23-30-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-24-23-30-32.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 598

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Credits
    - sextape for FL24 leak

ICS Notice

If the rumors are true then we only have about 2 mos left on the support contract between Sprint and Samsung.
    That's not to say it couldn't be extended... ;)
    Version 0.4.0 out. Includes some governors.

I'm going to be looking at how to get this stuff over to Virgin and Boost while letting Agat continue to add features already in older kernels... that way we're not stepping over each other! :highfive:
    Does anyone have the md5 of the stock not rooted full restore and the stock rooted full restore? I downloaded the stock full no root and the internal md5 check failed. Had I flashed it through mobile odin, I might have borked the phone without knowing if I hadn't tried it on a computer first.

If you have a bit, let me check the repo download against the original.

:edit: The Repo of FL24 Stock restore matches the Original MD5 of the file - I just downloaded again on the off chance that the move of the Repo had a corruption.

Same for Rooted Restore.

Stock Restore One Click, in exe form, MD5 = 0F3975A0831E73D6AC930DA8C4E80630
    Rooted Restore One Click, in exe form, MD5 = C71A02F6E23621907AED88CA4E74B898

Stock Restore passes internal Check. See attached screen shot.
    Rooted Restore passes Internal Check as well.

Sent from my GN2 or E4GT
    There's no modem.zip available for FL24? Can't completely flash on phone only then, forced to use the computer for real odin or one click.

Will put one together on Monday. First request for one...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2