[GearCM][i9500][Q&A][Discussion] Optimized CyanogenMod 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mazbot

Jun 18, 2013
Florianópolis
Hi @Alberto96, as I said in the CM general discussion thread I have noticed a buzz in the earpiece even with not in a call. I found that it's a know defect at least for Nexus 4 (https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=39936). But, while searching about this I found something about in call sound quality in droidforums.net (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...better-call-audio-how-change-voice-codec.html), it suggests to use another voice codec. I know the thread is old (2009), but I hope it can help.

Edit: Also found this, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2611599, relating the problem to kitkat update.

Last edited:

mazbot

Jun 18, 2013
Florianópolis
I don't know if it's a bug, but in some submenus of some configs when I press back or touch in the up left corner to go back for previous menu don't work, they just go for general config menu.
Example: Config. -> Screen and lights -> notification led if I press back it open Screen and lights menu again but themes menu and maybe some others don't work like this, it open Config menu directly.

Xathura

Oct 25, 2010
How to restore CM apps

Hello everyone,I flashed CM 11 a couple of days ago and after that I flashed PA Gapps (Art + Dalvik) I knew that they would overwrite CM's apps but now I'm not satisfied with the apps and I want to restore to CM apps,what should I do?I tried reflashing CM rom but it didn't work.I also tried disabling gapps and installing CM apps and this also didn't work.

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
Hello everyone,I flashed CM 11 a couple of days ago and after that I flashed PA Gapps (Art + Dalvik) I knew that they would overwrite CM's apps but now I'm not satisfied with the apps and I want to restore to CM apps,what should I do?I tried reflashing CM rom but it didn't work.I also tried disabling gapps and installing CM apps and this also didn't work.

Do this (Recovery):

- Format /system
- Reinstall CM ROM
- Do not flash Google Addon

Done!

Reactions: Xathura

Xathura

Oct 25, 2010
Well,I should do a backup cause I don't want to lose my apps data and then format.That's alot of work :p I wanted to know if there's an easier way or not :) ty anyway

nitinvaid

or Cm apps Downloader from playstore

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
Reactions: darkchip

alcarvalho

Jun 6, 2014
Campinas
Thanks for the awesome work!

I would like to report that a bug with Barcode scanner which prevented it from actually scanning anything is now gone!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

madman14

May 22, 2012
Jaipur
XD Who knows...maybe in the future it will be fixed ;)

Is a partition filesystem that many users with 16gb or greater microsd cards uses. Check on Google "exFAT FileSystem"

If i keep my sd partition other than exfat the phonr will read and write on sd card as normal? I have a 8gb one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll reply to all posts soon.

A new release is coming ( soon :p ) with many BIG changes. Huge improvements are here and probably will be the best build ever released. Don't ask for ETAs neither for Android Lollipop (5.0) requests, i'm focusing all the attention on CM11 before starting to work on it; we firstly need a stable and near full working base to switch to another whole new android version. (we also need an official Lollipop release from Samsung with up-to-date proprietary stuff)
    GearCM 12 preview build coming soon ;)
    New build coming soon with many fixes.
    Anyone know if Alberto started working on cm12? Or he still working on cm11?

Galaxy s4 cm11
    I won't work on CM12 until the end of December 2014/start of January 2015.
    Threads reopened, release coming soon.

No ETAs and no "stupid" questions are allowed. ( any improper question will delay the release ;) )