Kit Kat CND1 losing SD card

Search This thread

STELIOSFAN

Jan 5, 2012
Athens
I have two cards. A Samsung 32GB class 10 and a Sandisk microSDXC ultra 64GB

Both cards were tried, both formatted in FAT32 as well as ExFat and tried sdformatter.

BUT my galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition with CND1 (Columbia Kit Kat) after some hours of use, loses the SD card.... It cannot see it until a couple of reboots.

Do you think its because of a bad flash? Should I try CND2?

Opinions please :)

lsherif

Apr 11, 2008
Cairo

Both cards were tried, both formatted in FAT32 as well as ExFat and tried sdformatter.

BUT my galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition with CND1 (Columbia Kit Kat) after some hours of use, loses the SD card.... It cannot see it until a couple of reboots.

If you are rooted , just install "Folder mount" , it will cure your ext. sd problem.

Reactions: STELIOSFAN

STELIOSFAN

Jan 5, 2012
Athens
If you are rooted , just install "Folder mount" , it will cure your ext. sd problem.

unfortunately im not rooted as i want to keep the warranty (already used it twice for screen and battery replacement)

I just flashed the US Kit kat via odin, did a factory reset and can only hope the problem goes away. Do you think it may be a hw fault? Anybody else had similar issues?

Thanks

mikep2323

Dec 14, 2011
unfortunately im not rooted as i want to keep the warranty (already used it twice for screen and battery replacement)

I just flashed the US Kit kat via odin, did a factory reset and can only hope the problem goes away. Do you think it may be a hw fault? Anybody else had similar issues?

Thanks
I'm pretty sure that with kit kat you can't put stuff on a SD card anymore unless you use a SD fix.If you look around forum there is some information about it. I think you also need to be rooted but might be wrong about that. I think there is a app in market called SD fix.

STELIOSFAN

Jan 5, 2012
Athens
I'm pretty sure that with kit kat you can't put stuff on a SD card anymore unless you use a SD fix.If you look around forum there is some information about it. I think you also need to be rooted but might be wrong about that. I think there is a app in market called SD fix.

but my only contents are read only. Music only....

im greatly dissapointed

Elim

Feb 17, 2008
Antwerpen
I'm pretty sure that with kit kat you can't put stuff on a SD card anymore unless you use a SD fix.
Incorrect. You can use also with KitKat and unrooted as before. The only restriction is that downloaded apps can write only in their own app directory. And this all have nothing to do with the recognizion of the sd-card.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Do you think it may be a hw fault? Anybody else had similar issues?
Until now, I didn't see that someone had a related problem.
I hope for you that it was a bad flash. Otherwise I would try to clean the caches and then a reflash but here also clean the cashes. And normally it is better to remove sd-cards before a flash but I also didn't do it.

Reactions: STELIOSFAN

STELIOSFAN

Jan 5, 2012
Athens
I performed a factory reset, cleared cache, then flashed the US Kit Kat, again factory reset. Everything works... but after a 15 minute music listening or just out of the blue, the SD card (tried a Samsung formated FAT32) is not responding.

I don't think its a hardware issue, because this time under "storage" i can see the card. However I cannot play anything from it and if I unmount and re-mount it says that the file system is not supported or the card is damaged.

This is soooooo weird and disturbing....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm pretty sure that with kit kat you can't put stuff on a SD card anymore unless you use a SD fix.
    Incorrect. You can use also with KitKat and unrooted as before. The only restriction is that downloaded apps can write only in their own app directory. And this all have nothing to do with the recognizion of the sd-card.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Do you think it may be a hw fault? Anybody else had similar issues?
    Until now, I didn't see that someone had a related problem.
    I hope for you that it was a bad flash. Otherwise I would try to clean the caches and then a reflash but here also clean the cashes. And normally it is better to remove sd-cards before a flash but I also didn't do it.