FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Solved] Soft Brick HTC One (M7ul) Recovery won't boot

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Davidpearl, Junior Member on 28th January 2014, 03:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th January 2014, 05:51 PM |#21  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

Use ARHD 31.6 (because it's inline with your firmware 3.62.401.1), then use rumrunner to get S-Off

ok cool so I am sorting that out now - downloading ARHD 31.6.

I have backed up my current firmware in CWM and also backed up all my pas in titanium backup.

anything else I need to do before putting the Image on my phone and installing it?
 
 
30th January 2014, 05:55 PM |#22  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 7,459
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidpearl

ok cool so I am sorting that out now - downloading ARHD 31.6.

I have backed up my current firmware in CWM and also backed up all my pas in titanium backup.

anything else I need to do before putting the Image on my phone and installing it?

sounds good, while downloading, i'd copy them to PC, just in case.

If rumrunner still fails on Windows (it shouldnt, but just in case), use the Ubuntu Live USB.... i did it last week and worked from the first time

let me look for the thread....

EDIT: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=46
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th January 2014, 06:01 PM |#23  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

sounds good, while downloading, i'd copy them to PC, just in case.

If rumrunner still fails on Windows (it shouldnt, but just in case), use the Ubuntu Live USB.... i did it last week and worked from the first time

let me look for the thread....

EDIT: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=46

Cheers buddy - both titanium and Stock Backups are copied to my pc so just waiting for 36.1 to download and give it a go.

I will keep you updated.
30th January 2014, 06:09 PM |#24  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 7,459
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidpearl

Cheers buddy - both titanium and Stock Backups are copied to my pc so just waiting for 36.1 to download and give it a go.

I will keep you updated.

no problem, i'm off for a few hours, check back later, good luck

feel free to hit the thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th January 2014, 08:27 PM |#25  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 7,459
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidpearl

I will keep you updated.

back for a little while, progress
30th January 2014, 08:37 PM |#26  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

back for a little while, progress

Success!!!! - S is no OFF!!!!! had to move over to my windows machine as I think there may have been an issue with Mac Bootcamp and windows 7.

So what can I do now? I am going to remove the tampered flag and would like to hop onto kitkat - would you recommend moving to kitkat as you mentioned to go to 4.3 and not up to 4.4?
30th January 2014, 08:45 PM |#27  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 7,459
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidpearl

Success!!!! - S is no OFF!!!!! had to move over to my windows machine as I think there may have been an issue with Mac Bootcamp and windows 7.

So what can I do now? I am going to remove the tampered flag and would like to hop onto kitkat - would you recommend moving to kitkat as you mentioned to go to 4.3 and not up to 4.4?

<- yes that does look funny.

4.3 was just a temporary step to get S-Off, go ahead for 4.4 (or anything you like )

if you want to upgrade/downgrade firmware, you can check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2365506
for radios, you can check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2419699

also check Clyde's index thread in my signature for all the stuff you can think of.

Happy Flashing

PS: if all is good now, could you edit main thread title to include [SOLVED] thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th January 2014, 10:15 PM |#28  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

<- yes that does look funny.

4.3 was just a temporary step to get S-Off, go ahead for 4.4 (or anything you like )

if you want to upgrade/downgrade firmware, you can check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2365506
for radios, you can check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2419699

also check Clyde's index thread in my signature for all the stuff you can think of.

Happy Flashing

PS: if all is good now, could you edit main thread title to include [SOLVED] thanks

I just tried to flash ARHD 51 and it didn't work and now it wont boot and it won't boot into recovery - phone is still unlocked and I tried flashing CWM recovery again and it won't load into it.

ARGGHHH!!!! is it recoverable? what do I need to do I might might just flash back to stock after all of this and leave it that way I'm scared I will lose my phone forever!
30th January 2014, 10:21 PM |#29  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidpearl

I just tried to flash ARHD 51 and it didn't work and now it wont boot and it won't boot into recovery - phone is still unlocked and I tried flashing CWM recovery again and it won't load into it.

ARGGHHH!!!! is it recoverable? what do I need to do I might might just flash back to stock after all of this and leave it that way I'm scared I will lose my phone forever!

Managed to flash TWRP onto the phone now.
30th January 2014, 10:33 PM |#30  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Ok so managed to get back into CWM and have got a restore of just before I flashed to 51 so I should be ok in a bit if it has managed to install correctly.......this is causing me a lot of headache and worry!
23rd May 2014, 09:23 PM |#31  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
HTC Soft Brick
Hi
My HTC M7 is stuck in boot mode. I tried to install the Google Play Edition Rom with S-on.
I had CWM but it seems to have diappeared after i used Guru_Reset_M7_3.62.401.1.zip
I have tried Squabbi's HTC ONE toolkit but it gives me an error 01 when i try to push revone.

fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.29.401.16
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__016
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3790mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
getvar:all FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.041s
adb push revone /data/local/tmp/
error: device not found
I cannot seem to be able to get a stock South African Vodacom ROM to sideload

Please help me get S-OFF so that i can load any rom that will make the phone work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes