[TUT][HSPL] Hard-SPL Unlocker for Blackstone - Released for 1.56 ROMs too now

Search This thread

OliNex

Apr 23, 2008
MOD EDIT HDuser 02/01/09
This page has gone wiki and can be found here.
For a better understanding it is recommended that you read all 3 parts under "Flashing - Changing your device to a new version or language" on the main wiki page found here
END MOD EDIT

so, yeah, why not do one for this device too :)

[size=+3]UPDATE: Hard-SPL released![/size]

[size=+2]NOTE: This is NOT a SIM unlocker - it also doesn't unlock Security for other radios. if you need that, GO HERE[/size]

[size=+2]23/04/09 -
UPDATE: New version will work on SPL 1.54 or above ROMS!!!!
[/size]

so I of course changed the 1.56 rom wiki accordingly to that. (someone can review it if they want)

many thanks to testers for testing!

[size=+1]Donations are always appreciated to the big link in our signature ("elite project"). Thank you!![/size]

Preparations:

0) this package is for Blackstone devices. for any BLAC***** now (SSPL loader checks this).
1) make sure you have .NET framework installed on your PC! if not, get it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...fd-ae52-4e35-b531-508d977d32a6&DisplayLang=en
2) if you have vista, WMDC update is recommended: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synchronize/device-center.mspx

Instructions:

read this if unsure how to install Hard-SPL...

1) download Hard-SPL package from attachment, use 1.56 HSPL (HSPLWrapper_Blackstone_156OliNex.zip ) if you want to use new 1.5x ROMs. then extract to an empty folder.
NOTE: 1.14 HSPL (the original Unsigned_HardSPL_for_Blackstone_OliNex.zip) is good for only older ROMs, 1.56 HSPL (HSPLWrapper_Blackstone_156OliNex.zip) is good for newer ROMs. 1.56 is not backwards compatible with old ROMs. the incompatible ROM will still boot but screen is going to look funny which is a temporary issue but uncomfortable.
2) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!!!
3) run HardSPLWrapper_Blackstone.exe on PC, make sure it's launched from a local drive (not through network drive, etc.). if you are on vista, launching as Administrator is recommended,
4) follow steps in the RUU, check device for prompts after PC shows loading bar, press Yes on phone if asked. please answer with Yes as fast as you can!
5) some notes: when RUU says it will hard reset, do not worry, it is not going to do that. also when it says the flash will take 10 minutes, ignore that, it will only take a minute or so.
6) device should go to a tricolour screen now that says 1.07.OliNex, the SSPL version, which is temporary.
7) in a bit unusual way, it will take a few seconds for the RUU to detect the device, but do not worry, as soon as the "USB" text on the tricolour screen shows up, RUU will see device.
8) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done.
9) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 1.14.OliNex or for new version 1.56.OliNex, which is the Hard-SPL version.

NOTE: you will not see the SPL version during normal boot, that is the OS version, not SPL!
to enter SPL to check version, fully power the device off by long press of power key, then power on while holding the "volume down" key on the left side of the device. keep holding the volume down key until you see tricolour screen which is the bootloader mode, then release it.

NOTE 2: anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please copy SSPL-Manual-TouchHD.exe from SSPL-Manual-TouchHD.zip attachment to the device and run it. then once the screen is sayingn 1.07.OliNex, run RUU manually. i.e. you launch the Hard-SPL RUU (HardSPLWrapper_Blackstone.exe) on the PC and flash.
*important*: make sure that the USB cable is plugged in and device is synced to Windows Mobile even if doing manual SSPL method.

NOTE 3: this is unsigned Hard-SPL. no limitations on flashing ROMs or radio packages. also, this has overwrite protection against HTC RUU's overwriting HSPL with a stock one, so if someone needs to revert to stock SPL for warranty reasons, a stock SPL downgrade package is posted in this post as well. use this relocker *only* if you need to return the phone for warranty, and only use it as last step - after reflashing stock OS and radio. see steps at the end of this post about how to reflash stock SPL.

NOTE 4: do not use this RUU for anything other than SPL flashing (i.e. hardspl or stock spl restore)!!! nothing other than SPL's made by Olinex team (using OliNex custom cert) will flash to make SSPL more secure. if you want to flash some other rom, then use shipped RUU or blackstone customRUU if you need to flash cooked ROM.

NOTE 5: for developers asking: Hard-SPL is not based on MFG SPL, as that SPL causes the screen not to turn on after a resume. (maybe solved one day :) ). so currently, MFG SPL can strictly be used for development and hacking.

Troubleshooting:

- read the instructions above.
nothing happens on the device, does not enter tricolour screen mode anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please copy SSPL-Manual-TouchHD.exe from SSPL-Manual-TouchHD.zip attachment to the device and run it. then once the screen is showing 1.07.OliNex, run RUU manually. i.e. you launch the Hard-SPL RUU (HardSPLWrapper_Blackstone.exe) on the PC and flash.
general usb connection error problems if you get connection error in RUU after the device goes to 1.07.Olinex screen, then
- try a different USB port
- try different USB cable
- do not touch USB cable during the process especially if it is already a bit dodgy
- also do not use USB hub
- you can also try rebooting your PC
- and you can try using another PC.
- also you can try unticking advanced network functionality in start menu / settings / connections / usbtopc applet.
- another reason for USB connection error: if your PC takes too long to load the drivers (if your device is in bootloader for the first time and perhaps if you are on vista), then if RUU times out, but HD still says "USB" on the tricolour screen, just leave it there and re-run the RUU when driver installation finishes.
- finally, you can try disabling antivirus or firewall programs on the PC.
HD specific USB or connection errors:
- as already said, in a bit unusual way, it will take a few seconds for the RUU to detect the device, but do not worry, as soon as the "USB" text on the tricolour screen shows up, RUU will see device. if not (happens very rarely), wait for RUU to time out (or wait 5 minutes). then remove back cover, reset, it will boot OS again, then you can retry unlocking process from step 1.
- alternatively, launch SSPL-Manual.exe from attachment, run it, wait until 1.07.OliNex tricolour screen says "USB" on it, then run the HardSPLWrapper_Blackstone.exe on the PC.
other issues if SSPL-Manual.exe or Enterbootloader.exe fails to run (says missing component or similar), try a hard reset of the device.

How to reflash Stock/Shipped SPL - STEP BY STEP - FOR WARRANTY REASONS ONLY!

0. be sure to first restore stock OS, and stock radio. stock SPL is always to be done last!!
1. download your choice of a stock spl package from this post. (currently 1.13, 1.14, 1.15, 1.54)
2. also download the original hardspl from the attachments in this post.
3. run the hardspl exe but do not click anything in RUU yet. just let the hardspl EXE extract the files for flashing.
4. the SPL you want to revert to is a .NBH file, put the stock SPL NBH in the extracted hardspl package, overwriting the original NBH file in it!
5. continue with the RUU (or if needed, run SSPL-Manual.exe manually, then run RUU when it goes to tricolour 1.07.OliNex screen), it goes to 100%, reboots, done.
+6. to verify, enter bootloader mode, see version number on tricolour screen, should now just say 1.14.0000 or any other version ending in .0000, but not ending in OliNex!
that's it.
+7. no worries: if your device is stuck in bootloader mode with Hard-SPL and you need warranty service, you can still flash stock SPL.

Attachments

• Unsigned_HardSPL_for_Blackstone_OliNex.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 156,970
  • SSPL-Manual-TouchHD.zip
    489 KB · Views: 56,300
  • Restore_Stock_SPL_114_2.zip
    132.7 KB · Views: 44,812
  • Restore_Stock_SPL_113.zip
    132.7 KB · Views: 22,071
  • Restore_Stock_SPL_115.zip
    133 KB · Views: 25,153
  • HSPLWrapper_Blackstone_156OliNex.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 131,170
  • RUU_Signed_Blackstone_stockSPL154.zip
    132.8 KB · Views: 45,550
Last edited:

the-equinoxe

Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2006
[EDIT 17-12]
Congrats on releasing this HSPL.
Now the cooking and flashing can begin.
[/edit]

Last edited:

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
[SIZE=+2]MOD BREAK[/SIZE][SIZE=+2]
[/SIZE]

As you all may have noticed the thread has been cleaned up.
From now on: keep it clean, stop begging, no whining.
Yes the HSPL will be released, yes it will be free.

[SIZE=+2]Warning: those who leak the testversion will be banned, no exeptions![/SIZE]

Nicely put. I see no reason to beg but then again I don't have the phone... yet. I know you must hate that begging crap more than anyone. I was right there with you when you developed the Wizard HardSPL remember?

Anyways keep up the great work OliNex! I can't wait until I have this phone!

the-equinoxe

Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2006
Nicely put. I see no reason to beg but then again I don't have the phone... yet. I know you must hate that begging crap more than anyone. I was right there with you when you developed the Wizard HardSPL remember?

Anyways keep up the great work OliNex! I can't wait until I have this phone!

Don't have this phone either, but like you (and most seniors) I do respect the efforts of Olipro and Cmonex (and alike).
They have contributed a lot for our community.

BTW. The honour for the Wizard HSPL goes to Olipro (as always), it was his patching that made the thing work (who's else ;) )

Last edited:

NeoS

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 27, 2008
Somewhere in NL
Neh, i'll wait for the public release. I've seen enough horrible failures with HTC devices already when alpha testing ;)
Good job cmonex and Olipro!

Last edited:

nin2thevoid

Jul 28, 2008
Arnhem
Waiting patiently for the public release as well. Great job guys, once this gets wrapped up a world of rom cooking will open for the already great HD.

HDuser

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2005
Zürich, Switzerland
Guys

Now it is time for you to do some work while you wait.

The good news is that I have enough details to write the wiki page.

The bad news is that I am going to bed.

The worst news is that I have requested that the application not be realesed untill the site is prepered for that.

So you all have a few choices, sit and wait, do nothing and complain.

or

Help us help you.

This is what I need

----------------- 1 -----------------------
one the follwing page
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_Blackstone_Flash1

I need somebody to
1) opne the page, add there name in it under ??? on the top line
2) Save the page so that nobody mess with you
3) Check for spelling
4) Check it is readable and understandable
5) Check the content that it is nobb proof.
6) Correct what needs to be corrected.
7) Remove the first commnet
8) Post in this thread that it has been done (so that I know about it)

------------------ 2 ---------------------
On the follwing page
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_BLackstone_Flash2

I need sombody to extract that shp.exe and follow the outline that I have placed.
Look at how I formated the first page when it came to the files.
I will pick it up some other time.

I also am lost for words on the HSPL issue, need sobody toexplain it.

------------------ 3 ------------------------

We need to update the roms as people will want them

here is what I wrote on that subject
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3037840&postcount=4

the WIKI page that needs updating is

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_Blackstone_Ship_exe

Also one needs to check the forum for theads as a few other roms have poped up.

--------

So guys, help us to help you and let some of us with day jobs go to bed.

Thanks

HDuser

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2005
Zürich, Switzerland
And guys

Please lets use the thread to check what has been done as I don't want to read through 18 pages of "I am waiting" to read about what has not been done.

Like I said, help us help you.

D.O.C

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jun 24, 2006
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus
Guys

Now it is time for you to do some work while you wait.

The good news is that I have enough details to write the wiki page.

The bad news is that I am going to bed.

The worst news is that I have requested that the application not be realesed untill the site is prepered for that.

So you all have a few choices, sit and wait, do nothing and complain.

or

Help us help you.

This is what I need

----------------- 1 -----------------------
one the follwing page
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_Blackstone_Flash1

I need somebody to
1) opne the page, add there name in it under ??? on the top line
2) Save the page so that nobody mess with you
3) Check for spelling
4) Check it is readable and understandable
5) Check the content that it is nobb proof.
6) Correct what needs to be corrected.
7) Remove the first commnet
8) Post in this thread that it has been done (so that I know about it)

------------------ 2 ---------------------
On the follwing page
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_BLackstone_Flash2

I need sombody to extract that shp.exe and follow the outline that I have placed.
Look at how I formated the first page when it came to the files.
I will pick it up some other time.

I also am lost for words on the HSPL issue, need sobody toexplain it.

------------------ 3 ------------------------

We need to update the roms as people will want them

here is what I wrote on that subject
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3037840&postcount=4

the WIKI page that needs updating is

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_Blackstone_Ship_exe

Also one needs to check the forum for theads as a few other roms have poped up.

--------

So guys, help us to help you and let some of us with day jobs go to bed.

Thanks

sure thing, I have a little spare time right now so I will contribute with you guys, just step one so far.....

skywalkeret

Dec 12, 2008
[size=+2]MOD BREAK
[/size]

As you all may have noticed the thread has been cleaned up.
From now on: keep it clean, stop begging, no whining.
Yes the HSPL will be released, yes it will be free.

[size=+2]Warning: those who leak the testversion will be banned, no exeptions![/size]

I am sorry, but I still have to say I have got the so called HSPL in some forums. I downloaded it and have it tested. It worked. Someone said it is SSPL made by Cmonex not the HSPL.

I am not sure if it was the leaked test version. If you need it let me know.

Guys, Great Job. Thanks a lot.

raphael_ding

Sep 4, 2008
I am sorry, but I still have to say I have got the so called HSPL in some forums. I downloaded it and have it tested. It worked. Someone said it is SSPL made by Cmonex not the HSPL.

I am not sure if it was the leaked test version. If you need it let me know.

Guys, Great Job. Thanks a lot.

Skywalkeret, what u have is leakage of Cmonex's testversion and so-called HSPL by someone, which makes you several steps to the success. what i know from Cmonex SSPL is not secure at this stage. And he/she does HOPE everyone can pay patience for the final HSPL release. THE PRE-LEAKAGE of SSPL WOULD MAKE HTC to improve their future "firewall" against HSPL, and I don't believe that EVERY EACH HTC OWNER or FANS would like to hear this sort of stuff?!
It is A REAL SHAME for those guys lost their promise to Cmonex and just make their own threads HOT, even DO NOT MENTION A WORD ABOUT THE GENERATOR OF THIS SSPL.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:

skywalkeret

Dec 12, 2008
Skywalkeret, what u have is leakage of Cmonex's testversion and so-called HSPL by someone, which makes you several steps to the success. what i know from Cmonex SSPL is not secure at this stage. And he/she does HOPE everyone can pay patience for the final HSPL release. THE PRE-LEAKAGE of SSPL WOULD MAKE HTC to improve their future "firewall" against HSPL. It is A REAL SHAME for those guys lost their promise to Cmonex and just make their own threads HOT, even DO NOT MENTION A WORD ABOUT THE GENERATOR OF THIS SSPL. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Seems you are the right one i have talked to in some other forums. I sugguest we may do something to wake those guys up and warning them.

If there is anything I can help, please let me know.

JohnQ

Nov 14, 2007
Re: Raphael_ding

hey, ding. i got you. I must say, world is just like a box of chocolate. you dont know what you gona get lol. they just did it.
me? yes, im just waiting for the original olinex's NON-BETA version lol
again. thanks olinex's hard work. you let me flash a lot of ROM on my S1, TOUCH PRO, ....and my future HD.

raphael_ding

Sep 4, 2008
Seems you are the right one i have talked to in some other forums. I sugguest we may do something to wake those guys up and warning them.

If there is anything I can help, please let me know.

THX, Skywalkeret, what we can do is to post sth. and let those guys know about what they are doing. And better ask forum moderators to eliminate those leakege threads ASAP.

Cheers :) :) :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT HDuser 02/01/09
    This page has gone wiki and can be found here.
    For a better understanding it is recommended that you read all 3 parts under "Flashing - Changing your device to a new version or language" on the main wiki page found here
    END MOD EDIT

so, yeah, why not do one for this device too :)

[size=+3]UPDATE: Hard-SPL released![/size]

[size=+2]NOTE: This is NOT a SIM unlocker - it also doesn't unlock Security for other radios. if you need that, GO HERE[/size]

[size=+2]23/04/09 -
    UPDATE: New version will work on SPL 1.54 or above ROMS!!!!
    [/size]

so I of course changed the 1.56 rom wiki accordingly to that. (someone can review it if they want)

many thanks to testers for testing!

[size=+1]Donations are always appreciated to the big link in our signature ("elite project"). Thank you!![/size]

Preparations:

0) this package is for Blackstone devices. for any BLAC***** now (SSPL loader checks this).
    1) make sure you have .NET framework installed on your PC! if not, get it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...fd-ae52-4e35-b531-508d977d32a6&DisplayLang=en
    2) if you have vista, WMDC update is recommended: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synchronize/device-center.mspx

Instructions:

read this if unsure how to install Hard-SPL...

1) download Hard-SPL package from attachment, use 1.56 HSPL (HSPLWrapper_Blackstone_156OliNex.zip ) if you want to use new 1.5x ROMs. then extract to an empty folder.
    NOTE: 1.14 HSPL (the original Unsigned_HardSPL_for_Blackstone_OliNex.zip) is good for only older ROMs, 1.56 HSPL (HSPLWrapper_Blackstone_156OliNex.zip) is good for newer ROMs. 1.56 is not backwards compatible with old ROMs. the incompatible ROM will still boot but screen is going to look funny which is a temporary issue but uncomfortable.
    2) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!!!
    3) run HardSPLWrapper_Blackstone.exe on PC, make sure it's launched from a local drive (not through network drive, etc.). if you are on vista, launching as Administrator is recommended,
    4) follow steps in the RUU, check device for prompts after PC shows loading bar, press Yes on phone if asked. please answer with Yes as fast as you can!
    5) some notes: when RUU says it will hard reset, do not worry, it is not going to do that. also when it says the flash will take 10 minutes, ignore that, it will only take a minute or so.
    6) device should go to a tricolour screen now that says 1.07.OliNex, the SSPL version, which is temporary.
    7) in a bit unusual way, it will take a few seconds for the RUU to detect the device, but do not worry, as soon as the "USB" text on the tricolour screen shows up, RUU will see device.
    8) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done.
    9) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 1.14.OliNex or for new version 1.56.OliNex, which is the Hard-SPL version.

NOTE: you will not see the SPL version during normal boot, that is the OS version, not SPL!
    to enter SPL to check version, fully power the device off by long press of power key, then power on while holding the "volume down" key on the left side of the device. keep holding the volume down key until you see tricolour screen which is the bootloader mode, then release it.

NOTE 2: anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please copy SSPL-Manual-TouchHD.exe from SSPL-Manual-TouchHD.zip attachment to the device and run it. then once the screen is sayingn 1.07.OliNex, run RUU manually. i.e. you launch the Hard-SPL RUU (HardSPLWrapper_Blackstone.exe) on the PC and flash.
    *important*: make sure that the USB cable is plugged in and device is synced to Windows Mobile even if doing manual SSPL method.

NOTE 3: this is unsigned Hard-SPL. no limitations on flashing ROMs or radio packages. also, this has overwrite protection against HTC RUU's overwriting HSPL with a stock one, so if someone needs to revert to stock SPL for warranty reasons, a stock SPL downgrade package is posted in this post as well. use this relocker *only* if you need to return the phone for warranty, and only use it as last step - after reflashing stock OS and radio. see steps at the end of this post about how to reflash stock SPL.

NOTE 4: do not use this RUU for anything other than SPL flashing (i.e. hardspl or stock spl restore)!!! nothing other than SPL's made by Olinex team (using OliNex custom cert) will flash to make SSPL more secure. if you want to flash some other rom, then use shipped RUU or blackstone customRUU if you need to flash cooked ROM.

NOTE 5: for developers asking: Hard-SPL is not based on MFG SPL, as that SPL causes the screen not to turn on after a resume. (maybe solved one day :) ). so currently, MFG SPL can strictly be used for development and hacking.

Troubleshooting:

nothing happens on the device, does not enter tricolour screen mode anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please copy SSPL-Manual-TouchHD.exe from SSPL-Manual-TouchHD.zip attachment to the device and run it. then once the screen is showing 1.07.OliNex, run RUU manually. i.e. you launch the Hard-SPL RUU (HardSPLWrapper_Blackstone.exe) on the PC and flash.
    general usb connection error problems if you get connection error in RUU after the device goes to 1.07.Olinex screen, then
    - try a different USB port
    - try different USB cable
    - do not touch USB cable during the process especially if it is already a bit dodgy
    - also do not use USB hub
    - you can also try rebooting your PC
    - and you can try using another PC.
    - also you can try unticking advanced network functionality in start menu / settings / connections / usbtopc applet.
    - another reason for USB connection error: if your PC takes too long to load the drivers (if your device is in bootloader for the first time and perhaps if you are on vista), then if RUU times out, but HD still says "USB" on the tricolour screen, just leave it there and re-run the RUU when driver installation finishes.
    - finally, you can try disabling antivirus or firewall programs on the PC.
    HD specific USB or connection errors:
    - as already said, in a bit unusual way, it will take a few seconds for the RUU to detect the device, but do not worry, as soon as the "USB" text on the tricolour screen shows up, RUU will see device. if not (happens very rarely), wait for RUU to time out (or wait 5 minutes). then remove back cover, reset, it will boot OS again, then you can retry unlocking process from step 1.
    - alternatively, launch SSPL-Manual.exe from attachment, run it, wait until 1.07.OliNex tricolour screen says "USB" on it, then run the HardSPLWrapper_Blackstone.exe on the PC.
    other issues if SSPL-Manual.exe or Enterbootloader.exe fails to run (says missing component or similar), try a hard reset of the device.

How to reflash Stock/Shipped SPL - STEP BY STEP - FOR WARRANTY REASONS ONLY!

0. be sure to first restore stock OS, and stock radio. stock SPL is always to be done last!!
    1. download your choice of a stock spl package from this post. (currently 1.13, 1.14, 1.15, 1.54)
    2. also download the original hardspl from the attachments in this post.
    3. run the hardspl exe but do not click anything in RUU yet. just let the hardspl EXE extract the files for flashing.
    4. the SPL you want to revert to is a .NBH file, put the stock SPL NBH in the extracted hardspl package, overwriting the original NBH file in it!
    5. continue with the RUU (or if needed, run SSPL-Manual.exe manually, then run RUU when it goes to tricolour 1.07.OliNex screen), it goes to 100%, reboots, done.
    +6. to verify, enter bootloader mode, see version number on tricolour screen, should now just say 1.14.0000 or any other version ending in .0000, but not ending in OliNex!
    that's it.
    +7. no worries: if your device is stuck in bootloader mode with Hard-SPL and you need warranty service, you can still flash stock SPL.
    While you don't have to flash the official HTC rom first, I would. It will upgrade your radio and everything else which Dutty's rom is compatible with. Just my opinion, as well as recommended by Dutty.

Hey man, i was reading the new Dutty XT 3.2 and it contains the 1.14 radio and all that kind of stuff, if i go from 1.18 to that, won't that update everything to the newest anyways?