[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

NeonMonster

Jan 26, 2010
Los Angeles
Sorry, I meant the ControlBear zip.

Make sure the Control Bear you extracted should have THREE FILES. Controlbear, HBOOT, and BOOT. There should also be a MD5 file, and all three files should be checked to make sure the sums are the same. Otherwise, its probably corrupt. ALSO, make sure NONE of the files are renamed. Even the original folder that the files are unzipped to.

I'm considering trying to do JB again on my ICS rom, but honestly don't see much reason. The boot image changed when I flashed the rom in 4EXT anyway? So i'm not sure what the point in S-OFFing would be other than to flash kernals/radios in recovery.

lamenramen

Jul 19, 2011
What are the chances that S-Off will be obtainable using an easier method?
This seems hit or miss, and by quite a few "senior" members of this forum.

I'm not inclined to spend days trying to figure out why it's not working for me.

a.benjamin76

Jun 5, 2011
Is the only main difference between S-off and root with bootloader unlocked just the fact that s-off can flash radios as well? Can you over/underlock with either s-off or root with boot unlocked? i know you can remove bloatware with just the root and s-off but my deciding factor is wether i can over/underclock. the radios arent that big an issue to me. Thanks guys

misfit61871

Apr 10, 2011
Provo,UT
Is the only main difference between S-off and root with bootloader unlocked just the fact that s-off can flash radios as well? Can you over/underlock with either s-off or root with boot unlocked? i know you can remove bloatware with just the root and s-off but my deciding factor is wether i can over/underclock. the radios arent that big an issue to me. Thanks guys

Yes you can OC/UC without s-off.

Sent from the morgue.

Reactions: a.benjamin76

FrankRNC

Apr 25, 2012
V0.1 attached, but read the changelog, http://unlimited.io/changelog/
I would use V0.4 if I were you.

I had a lot of problems gaining S-Off with my first HTC Amaze, but eventually got there through trial and error (and a little XDA assist). I saw the change log for 0.4 and see that each of the issues I had on first phone were listed as corrected. Gave it a shot with 0.4 on my wifes HTC Amaze and sailed right through the procedure on one try. Took about 3 minutes.

Thank you for the update!

windcan

Sep 24, 2010
Vancouver, BC
s-off assistance

Hello I am looking for a bit more clarification and assistance before attempting to start this process for myself to feel comfortable and confident I can complete it.

I currently have my bootloader unlocked from HTC and am rooted with an Energy gingerbread ROM. I want s-off, to start with, but am not totally clear how to get there as well as what happens once I am s-off (i believe I will have to then re-unlock boot loader as well as re-root, then flash other ROMs likely too)?

I am also in Canada and on the Wind network. I understand you have to go back to stock rom before starting s-off process, is this right? If so I am not sure how to get there although I have downloaded what I think are 2 original ROMs for Wind but they are both "exe" files I don't know how to load ROMs like this as I have only flashed ROMs that are zip files via CWM recovery.

If there is someone out there that would be interested in helping me out for my situation I would be greatly appreciated. If taking this offline via PM or email is fine if preferred or appropriate.

romerovallin

Apr 2, 2010
Maryland
Is anyone able to help me? I keep getting this error.

Sent from my HTC Rover

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335701820422.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335701820422.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 136

frodoboy

Oct 9, 2007
Arroyo Grande
Hello I am looking for a bit more clarification and assistance before attempting to start this process for myself to feel comfortable and confident I can complete it.

I currently have my bootloader unlocked from HTC and am rooted with an Energy gingerbread ROM. I want s-off, to start with, but am not totally clear how to get there as well as what happens once I am s-off (i believe I will have to then re-unlock boot loader as well as re-root, then flash other ROMs likely too)?

I am also in Canada and on the Wind network. I understand you have to go back to stock rom before starting s-off process, is this right? If so I am not sure how to get there although I have downloaded what I think are 2 original ROMs for Wind but they are both "exe" files I don't know how to load ROMs like this as I have only flashed ROMs that are zip files via CWM recovery.

If there is someone out there that would be interested in helping me out for my situation I would be greatly appreciated. If taking this offline via PM or email is fine if preferred or appropriate.

I did mine with Energy ROM installed. I don't know about Wind network. Don't think it makes a difference. You don't have to re-unlock with S-Off. That's the whole purpose of S-Off.

I'd use version .4 (latest), uninstall HTC Sync on your computer and kill adb in task manager and make sure your system sounds slider is up so you can hear a sound when you plug in the usb cable.
Also use a blank SD card or back yours up as it might get erased during the process.
Unzip ControlBear to the root of your computer and have the wire ready to go. Follow the directions.
When it says to do wire trick, put one end in the hole and leave it there.
Push other end down onto ground.
Wait for usb sound.
Lift up immediately and at same time say "one one thou>"
Immediately touch the wire to ground again just briefly and then put wire away. Then it should finish with no problem. If it doesn't take, just restart the program and try the wire trick again. As everyone says, timing is everything here!

Then, most are suggesting to put the Eng bootloader on the phone (instructions in OP) and then flash your ROM.

a.benjamin76

Jun 5, 2011
something about putting a wire to my new phone and short circuiting it just doesnt sound too appealing lol. I'm sure its working for everyone, but i think i'll just wait a couple months to see if a new method comes out. thanks for all the hard work guys

something about putting a wire to my new phone and short circuiting it just doesnt sound too appealing lol. I'm sure its working for everyone, but i think i'll just wait a couple months to see if a new method comes out. thanks for all the hard work guys
what do you think happens every time you turn a light switch on or off? there won't be a new method...

MildewMan

Dec 25, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
$5 light .....$600 phone . gaahhhh all this talk im reading up on is more and more convincing me to try it!!

Just check for a sticker that might be over the needed pin before you start.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Is anyone able to help me? I keep getting this error.

Sent from my HTC Rover

Do you have any other Android devices connected to your pc?

Reactions: a.benjamin76

jaron001

Dec 17, 2009
camden, nj
======== ControlBear 0.4 beta for JuopunutBear S-OFF ==========
Starting up......
Connecting to device...
Found backups!
Making room for beer......
Loading sixpacks on sdcard......
Loaded......
Do not remove sdcard from phone
Do wire-trick now!! Check the instructions at http://unlimited.io

=== Waiting device....
(16/45)
Found device... Please wait...

it just stays at found device please wait any help?

inuyasha1999

Aug 27, 2009
Make sure the Control Bear you extracted should have THREE FILES. Controlbear, HBOOT, and BOOT. There should also be a MD5 file, and all three files should be checked to make sure the sums are the same. Otherwise, its probably corrupt. ALSO, make sure NONE of the files are renamed. Even the original folder that the files are unzipped to.

Everything was correct, but still couldn't get it to run properly. I'll try v0.4 sometime later to see if it will work for me. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions and Downloads:

http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm

Support:

Support for our tools is via IRC channel #unlimited on freenode ONLY. If you do not have an IRC client you can use this link.

We DO NOT provide support, instructions, or downloads via XDA. Please see our website: http://unlimited.io

Using how-to guides, "kits" and using other instructions on XDA to S-OFF your device is not recommended and will not be supported by Team Unlimited. If you want the best experience and results - go direct to the source. Dealing with support issues through the forums is inefficient and posts may get lost in long support threads, of which we would have too many to actively monitor. We have therefore decided that all support should be through our IRC channel. This will allow us to help you in real-time and through the whole process.

**You may not redistribute nor link directly to any of our tools without the expressed consent of Team Unlimited. We DO NOT authorize any dev use of our tools within other kits or tools.**
    Place your Prerequisites
    on the main page of your site... Simple[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Stop your *****in... Its your fault you didn't take precaution and read the instructions. Stop blaming this on the people that put there hard work into giving you s off just because you ****ed up
    This works great, will donate my pledge since my Amaze is now s-off!! First thing I did was flash this splash...NO MOAR WHITE!!!!

uwuQU.png

It is attached, unzip and then it be can flashed via fastboot;

Code:
    fastboot splash splash1 splash_black.img
    I think having the proper "tools" makes this really simple... also the timing... so here let me try and help those who are having some issues...

1. there are normally two sizes of paper clip, large and small, if you can find a small paper clip with plastic coating this is ideal... keeping the paper clip "flat" just kind of "unroll" it open, then just strip 1/4" off each end, now bend the shortest end 90 degrees down, then bend the paper clip to be "open" from the 90 degree tip, to the other end to be wide enough that you can stick the bent part into the hole, and then just by "rocking" the paper clip a little you can touch the other end to the ground point... now you are ready
    2. if you're really worried about the plastic not being enough insulation then use something like electrical tape where you will grip the paper clip, or use a small potato chip bag clip to hold the paper clip with
    3. start the program
    4. go ahead and stick the bent end of the paper clip in the hole, but DON'T TOUCH THE GROUND yet...
    5. wait for the prompt to do the wire trick
    6. touch and swipe the end of the paper clip across the ground, if you don't hear the sound from USB connect/disconnect then you haven't gotten the first touch to "connect" keep trying until you hear this sound
    7. AFTER hearing this sound wait the 1.5-1.75 secs, and touch/swipe the paper clip again... you should be good to go now...

I just found the wire I was using at first just not stiff enough to make a good connection... this worked on the first try for me!
    I made a little video for people who wanted something to see first, before they try it.

thanks to everyone in the JuopunutBear IRC chat for the support.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUDSwQbCVF8&feature=youtu.be