[Tutorial] AUTO BRIGHTNESS 100% Working on L9

Search This thread

bleuwave

Mar 31, 2011
After much debate with myself and 2 days of testing and usage in real world situations, I've decided to remove Lux because sunlight and shade kept throwing it off. I found that the camera as a light sensor for brightness is not a satisfactory solution and Jelly bean's brightness slider in the notification menu is enough for now. I'm slightly mad at LG for not including an ambient light sensor and will try to research phones a lot more next time.

BUT. gdjindal, you've inspired creative thinking by your thread on the many ways to use tasker for an average dude like me. I'm glad I was able to give the steps outlined in the OP a fair shot and learn tasker's potential in the process. Many thanks. :)

gdjindal

After much debate with myself and 2 days of testing and usage in real world situations, I've decided to remove Lux because sunlight and shade kept throwing it off. I found that the camera as a light sensor for brightness is not a satisfactory solution and Jelly bean's brightness slider in the notification menu is enough for now. I'm slightly mad at LG for not including an ambient light sensor and will try to research phones a lot more next time.

BUT. gdjindal, you've inspired creative thinking by your thread on the many ways to use tasker for an average dude like me. I'm glad I was able to give the steps outlined in the OP a fair shot and learn tasker's potential in the process. Many thanks. :)

Thanks bluewave,

I am so happy that you give your lots of valuable time and reviewed this little work. You have appreciated me to do more creative stuff in future, hope for same appreciation in future also:highfive:

AND Tasker is a magical app, M using this app to trigger phones brightness to 100% when phone rings, it helps me to observe incoming call even when phone is in full sunlight, after call ends it returns to normal:p

Mensarius

May 8, 2013
Thanks for the guide

Thanks for the guide. It was detailed enough that the process was successful for a noob like me! ;)

KeithE

Jul 16, 2012
Mesa
Will this work with the P769 version that comes from T-Mobile? I know that Lux Auto Brightness shows as incompatible in Google Play. Would it work if side loaded?

Last edited:

Muphet

Feb 17, 2013
Woot, I tho auto brightness was deleted in jb, I remember that I had this feature in stock ics. Now I'm confused reading it lacks of sensor

send from tapatalk 4 beta

TheCoutures

Feb 19, 2011
Maiden, NC
Thanks for this, I know a little bit about Tasker and haven't even heard about the other app Lux

My question is should there be an exit task set for display off or no?

clem3

Jan 14, 2009
Great job .. its been a long time since i signed in .. but had tooto tell you thankz !!!

imarmand

Apr 23, 2011
Buenos Aires
I will give this a try!

Question: In lux General options theres a "longevity" option and then it says "persistant notification" and "notification priority". How are they supposed to be configured?

gdjindal

I will give this a try!

Question: In lux General options theres a "longevity" option and then it says "persistant notification" and "notification priority". How are they supposed to be configured?

Thanks imarmand for trying this,

Because i am using tasker to force lux for adjusting brightness so no need to change above settings. Whatever the priority of notification, auto brightness will definitely work

Sent from my LG-P765 using xda premium

maludroid

Jan 5, 2011
Yes this behave of lux also amazed me. it shows light reading value 80 in direct sunlight, in shade it shows 120. But the settings i have done, are working like charm even in sunlight also. as per my observation reason of low reading value in direct sunlight may be auto brightness setting of front camera ....What do you think about this..

This is tha main disadvantage of Lux Autobrightness: is freaks in direct light. You can try the following - aim any lamp directly to the front camera, you will see probably value 60-80 reading. gdjindal, you're right this must be some feature of camera - compensation of light in bright environment. I wish there was some way of reading the info that light scene was compensated. I'll contact developer.

BioDesigner48

Jan 27, 2013
Tulsa
Reactions: gdjindal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys!!

Have anybody missed AUTO BRIGHTNESS feature in L9 because lack of Ambient Light Sensor:(,

If yes, the don't worry. I have an easy solution for Auto Brightness, Yes you can use Auto Brightness on LG Optimus L9:victory:

NO ROOT REQUIRED

Download and install These two app from following links:-

Lux Auto Brightness

Tasker

After Installing these apps follow these steps:-

Lux Auto Brightness:-

• Go to Lux settings
    • Tap on Sample Collection
    • Tap on Select light reading source
    • Select Camera
    • Then get back to main settings menu
    • Tap on Mopdify linked samples
    • Tap on Luma TAB
    • Tap on ADD, set brightness (yello bar) to 4% Luma value to 1 and press ADD
    • Add 3 more links with these values= 35%-70|100%-80|50%-120|
    • Exit Lux

Tasker:

• Open Tasker, tap on Plus Gign(+) on main screen
    • Tap on Event
    • Select Display in Event Category
    • Select Display On in Display Event
    • A blank screen will appear, do nothing just press BACK Button
    • TAP on New Task +
    • Enter Name to task or just tap on tick
    • A blank screen will Appear, tap on Plus Sign (+)
    • Select Plugin from action category
    • Select Lux Plug-in
    • Tap on Edit Button
    • Scroll Down and Tick in front of Refresh Backlight brightness? Under Force
    • Press Done, then press back and back again
    • Exit Tasker

Thats all work to do, now your dvice have Auto Brightness feature:silly:

To test, just press power button and lock the screen and then cover front camera with finger and press power button again, screen will Light up wait 1-2 seconds, Screen brightness will reduce:D, remove finger, lock unlock screen and brightness will resume to normal.;)

I have tested this for full day on my L9 and got no any battery drainage.
    You can modify Linked Samples Values to your comfort zone for batter sample values you can also search other XDA forums.

Guys try it and let me know how you feel :p
    if you got any issue please post, I'll try to solve it (Coz m also new to TASKER & LUX so may be it will take little bit time to Solve:fingers-crossed:)

EDIT: You can uncheck "Presistent notification" in general settings of Lux Auto Brightness, If you think it is draining your phone's battery. This will also disable the annoying Lux icon from notification.

HIT THANKS IF I DESERVE IT :rolleyes:
    Do not use lux with easyeyez it will slow down your phone too much

Yes bleuwavem you are absolutely right, that's why I am using tasker to initiate refresh process on display on. If you use lux individually then it will slow down your phone and drain the battery. In my tutorial actually lux is not running in background (if it is running you can kill it). Tasker plug in triggers it to refresh the brightness. Coz i have used it for hole day and currently using, I have not face any issues with device performance. If anyone body faced any issue can post here i'll try to solve it.

Sent from my LG-P765 using xda premium
    Another mod we miss in our L9 just got fixed.
    thanks for sharing :)
    i'll try it as soon as i can and report back.

Thanks for your appreciation hamdimo:laugh:, i'll wait for your review...

Is this battery hungry workaround ? Two apps must run in background so they must eat battery .

No, I have tested this yesterday for full day and haven't noticed any battery drainage coz of these apps. According to me, besides draining battery this MOD should save battery by adjusting it according to Ambient Light.;)

Is it possible to have a refresh .. for example every 10 minutes camera will check light to set brightness?

Found it's in lux settings!

Yes Mr.Brown, you can set automatic refresh in general settings, but I'll never suggest you use automatic mode, it could drain your phones battery.

Thanks bluewave,

I am so happy that you give your lots of valuable time and reviewed this little work. You have appreciated me to do more creative stuff in future, hope for same appreciation in future also:highfive:

AND Tasker is a magical app, M using this app to trigger phones brightness to 100% when phone rings, it helps me to observe incoming call even when phone is in full sunlight, after call ends it returns to normal:p