[Q] Txt message sending failing after 4.4 upgrade.

Search This thread

ardieilardi

Jun 28, 2010
Chesapeake
I have a VZW GS3 and no matter what kit kat rom that I try to upgrade to from JB 4.3 I have the same problem with my texting app.
I can receive multiple text messages but I can only respond once to them. When I try to respond to the same message twice or to another message for the 1st time I get the error message that my message has not been sent. It doesn't matter what 4.4 rom I try I get the same error. However if I activate airplane mode and then de-activate it I am able to send ONE reply to ONE message. If i want to reply to any other messages I have to either reboot the phone or do the airplane mode routine that I just described. It is not a problem on any rom below 4.4. In fact I've had to go back to using a 4.3 rom so i can use my text messaging. I doesn't matter whether I use a stock messaging app or a third part app it even has the same problem when I use Google Hangouts. It doesn't affect my email and every other program in 4.4 works correctly.
Is this a radio problem. Why does it temporarily fix the problem by doing the airplane mode routine. Has anyone ever heard of this problem before,
My baseband Version is I535VRBMF1. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.