[ROM] [AOSP 5.1.1] Lollipopalooza | manta/Nexus 10 | LMY48M | 2015/09/18

Search This thread

kgreen66

Aug 19, 2010
Liberty, MO
Installed the latest version from preceding. Now getting, Unfortunately, Google Play Services have stopped. Suggestions? Anyone? No Google apps will run without update Google Play Services. When I try, play store won't load.

Last edited:

xnews

Aug 23, 2007
WiFi connection issues (solved)

First off thanks for still supporting this device even though you don't own it anymore.

Having a little problem since installing. Did a complete wipe and WiFi says its turning on and never does. And the slider in the settings is greyed out. Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be going on?

I also had issues with the 20150423 and 20150918 versions. WiFi would just say "Saved" and would never connect to my hostapd router. This seems related to the issue (pmf=0) described in code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=78702. Editing the /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf file as #78 solved this problem.

alf_tux

Jul 30, 2013
Hi,

I've been using the LMY48B version. Thanks a lot for the hard work! I've also installed Google Pack 20150523. Everything went OK!

Last week I noticed than I cannot receive browser notifications (Notification API). I receive the confirmation message ("Do you want to receive....?") but then when they are sent I wont receive them. I don't know if's rom related issue but it doesn't work in Chrome nor in Firefox.

Any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my very own personally maintained custom ROM for the Nexus 10 (manta) called Lollipopalooza!! It is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) 5.x based ROM with a simple aim... add a few useful features to AOSP without deviating too much.

MInHon9.png

This will be a spin-off of my previous Nexus 10 ROM ThunderKat, but from scratch and obviously based on Android 5.x.

I don't expect this to compete with the big boys (CyanogenMod, AOKP, Paranoid Android and the like) and this ROM will have a considerably limited feature-set compared to them. If you want a lot of customisations and configurations, they are definitely the way to go.

Please note that since this is a fully de-odexed ROM, it will take a while to boot up the first time. Please follow the installation instructions carefully.

IMPORTANT: Since I no longer own this device, I have not tested this. In my opinion it should work just fine since I am using the same code-base for my Nexus 9 builds, but if you are not sure, wait for feedback from others who are brave enough to take the plunge.

Due to my limited availability, I will now no longer support builds older than 2015/05/23

Changelog:
    1. Update to Android AOSP 5.1.1_r14 (LMY48M)
    2. Includes stagefright exploit fixes
    3. Update to Layers Type 3
    4. Multi-toggle Location QuickSettings tile (toggles between the different location modes - Off -> Sensors Only -> Battery Saving -> High Accuracy)

Layers/RRO Themes Info:
    1. Join the BitSyko Google+ Community for the latest information and themes
    2. Download the Layers Manager app to install/uninstall/preview Layers/RRO themes
    3. Visit this XDA thread for a comprehensive list of Layers/RRO themes
    4. Send a positive shoutout to the Layers Team for their awesome work

Older Changelogs:

2015/05/23
    1. Update to Android AOSP 5.1.1_r3 (LMY48B)
    2. Updated proprietary files and binaries from stock LMY47V ROM
    3. Layers/RRO 2.1 updates
    4. A lot of Layers/RRO legacy code cleanup
    5. Enhanced AOSP Launcher3 from OptiPop with features like customisable grid size, hide/show search bar & materialised settings
    6. Updated ARM Google Apps Pack as of 2015/05/23
    PLEASE FLASH THE Lollipopalooza_aosp_manta-LMY48B-20150523-BuildPropFix.zip IMMEDIATELY AFTER FLASHING THIS ROM. THIS WILL ONLY BE REQUIRED FOR THIS BUILD.

2015/04/24
    1. Prefer Google WebView over AOSP WebView because AOSP WebView is older, but automatically fallback to AOSP WebView if Google WebView is not installed.

2015/04/23
    1. Updated to AOSP Android 5.1.1_r1 LMY47V
    2. Added Layers/RRO 2.1 (backwards compatible with Type 1 & Type 2 Layer/RRO themes) - All credits to the Layers Team
    3. ART is the new kid on the block. Remove Dalvik VM
    4. Disabled a lot of framework debugging
    5. Speed up animations
    6. Disabled Google OTA services
    7. Tune ART flags to optimize everything (this makes first boot and app installs slower, dex files are large, but performance improvements are noticeable) [MAKE SURE YOU WIPE CACHE/DALVIK-CACHE]
    8. Miscellaneous optimisations and fixes
    10. Updated tzdata to the latest timezone data 2015c from IANA.
    11. Updated ARM Google Apps Pack

2015/03/17
    1. Updated to AOSP Android 5.1.0_r1 LMY47D
    2. Show "Installing application x of y" on first boot
    3. FAB (floating action button) for clear recents

2014/12/09
    1. Updated to AOSP Android 5.0.1_r1 LRX22C
    2. Code cleanup and stability fixes for existing features
    3. Latest vold and filesystem support updates from CyanogenMod
    4. SELinux policy updates
    5. Update Google Apps pack
    6. Move back to block-based update zip which is a million times faster to flash.
    7. Enabled bluetooth LE (low-energy)

2014/11/28
    1. Updated to AOSP Android 5.0.0_r7 LRX21V
    2. Movable navigation bar buttons (Settings > Display > Navigation Bar Position)
    3. Volume rocker wake (Settings > Display > Volume rocker wake)
    4. Volume rocker cursor control (Settings > Language & input > Volume key cursor control)
    5. Native status bar battery percentage display (Settings > Display > Battery percentage)
    6. Per-app keyguard/lockscreen notification controls (Settings > Sound & notifications > App notification)
    7. Fixes and UX updates for clear-all recents
    8. Android volume daemon and file system automount support updates (Added groundwork for NTFS, exFAT & EXT4 support)
    9. OTG automount for NTFS partitions with R/W access
    10. Support for TWRP recovery (updater script validates flounder or volantis)
    11. Updated Google Apps Pack

2014/11/16
    1. Updated to AOSP Android 5.0.0_r6 LRX21T
    2. Enabled AppOps (Settings > Apps > AppOps)
    3. Advanced Power Menu (Shutdown, Advanced Reboot, Users, Sound, Airplane Mode, Settings, Lockdown)
    4. Back button long-press kill app (Enable via Settings > Developer options > Kill app back button)
    5. Custom device hostname (Change via Settings > Developer options > Device hostname)
    6. Enabled Ambient display (Settings > Display > Ambient display)
    7. Clear all recents (Credit 0xD34D)
    8. Root-friendly stock kernel [IMPORTANT! This ROM is not rooted. In built root support will come soon. For now, please flash SuperSU or Superuser separately]
    9. Tweaked ART flags
    10. Proprietary audio configs from stock ROM
    11. User triggered media scanner (Settings > Storage)
    12. OTG USB storage automount to /storage/usbdisk with full R/W access (VFAT/FAT32 only) [IMPORTANT! This depends on the modified ramdisk included with this ROM boot image. You may lose this feature if you another boot image]
    13. Updated MAC permissions (SELinux stuff)
    14. Miscellaneous framework fixes and tweaks
    15. Enabled Google Location Services
    16. Fixed Google back/restore.
    17. Added busybox
    18. Enabled translucent navigation and status bars
    19. Google Apps Pack zip with latest updated apps

Download:
    Lollipopalooza_aosp_manta-LMY48M-20150918.zip
    GoogleAppsPackARM-5.1.x-20150423.zip

Source:
    GitHub
    Manifest

Requirements:
    1. Nexus 10 with Unlocked bootloader
    2. Latest bootloader
    3. Custom recovery like TWRP 2.8.6.0+ or CWM 6.0.4.7+

Instructions:
    1. Wipe data/factory reset if you are moving from any ROM other than a previous version of Lollipopalooza
    2. Wipe cache/dalvik cache for every update
    3. Flash the ROM using a custom recovery
    4. [Optional] Flash SuperSU 2.46+ using a custom recovery if you wish to root the device
    4. [Optional] Flash Google Apps Pack using a custom recovery. You can choose to install any other Android 5.0 compliant Google Apps Pack

Disclaimer
    Lollipops are fun, but too much is not good for your health. If you chose to enjoy the Lollipops in this thread, remember that you do so at your own risk. I am not responsible for cavities, stomach aches or any other ailments your device may have if you use this ROM. I do test these Lollipops prior to releasing them, but I make no guarantees.

Support this project:
    If you like my work, buy me a beer so that I can pass time while my laptop churns out builds...
    Paypal
    Google Wallet (Send Money to craigacgomez[at]gmail[dot]com)

Credits:
    Google, Samsung, ARM, Chainfire, 0xD34D, CyanogenMod tea,, SlimRoms team, rascarlo, Chroma team, BitSyko team, AndroidFileHost
    Android 5.1 build coming early next week. Likely Tuesday morning.
    Took me a while to upload it... but 5.0.1 LXR22C build is up.
    Will post one more update after I merge AOSP Android 5.0.1... After that I'll be on vacation for a month (my first vacation in 3 years).
    HEADS UP!!! (pun intended!)

I finally managed to get some time to update this ROM and kernel... See OP for details!! Have fun!