[ROM][4.2.2 JDQ39 AOSP] Eos 4.0 -- Stingray

Search This thread

freeky1

Aug 27, 2006
Currently, when I try to use Google Now from the lock screen, I have to unlock the device first. On my phone I didn't have to do this. My lockscreen is just the simple slide to unlock. Is it supposed to be like this with this rom? Or mine is messed up?

Thanks,

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Mine is the same. I have to unlock screen first. Google Now opens, but I can't see it until I unlock the screen.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

bigdave240

Nov 6, 2007
Mine is the same. I have to unlock screen first. Google Now opens, but I can't see it until I unlock the screen.

Ok, dumb question. I know how to put widgets on the lock screen but how do you access an app? Was going to see if google now worked but cant figure out how to get to it when locked

thehotboy

Mar 23, 2011
i'm on the latest nightly (164) and i do not see a way to change the softkeys .. can someone provide a screencap or guide me. i did a clean install from 150 to 162 and then dirty flashes to 163 and 164

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

bigdave240

Nov 6, 2007
i'm on the latest nightly (164) and i do not see a way to change the softkeys .. can someone provide a screencap or guide me. i did a clean install from 150 to 162 and then dirty flashes to 163 and 164

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
see if this helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-10-11-51-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-10-11-51-45.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 273

dweezle

Aug 28, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
cool, but not that important for me.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

in settings/more/mobile networks/cdma subscription/ check ruim /sim
"mobile network" is grayed out in 164. I was able to select ruim/sim in 160,even tho I'm not active on Verizon at the moment. I just wanted to make sure setting had not reverted. I do activate on network when I travel. Will the option return when I reactivate on Verizon?

cdma

Mar 9, 2007
Springfield, IL
"mobile network" is grayed out in 164. I was able to select ruim/sim in 160,even tho I'm not active on Verizon at the moment. I just wanted to make sure setting had not reverted. I do activate on network when I travel. Will the option return when I reactivate on Verizon?

I cannot activate either. Did a full wipe on 164 and sits there forever. I see 4g Lights up but it never activates. I have not tried any of the other versions but that is my next step

kentedman

Mar 10, 2011
Salt Lake City
I cannot activate either. Did a full wipe on 164 and sits there forever. I see 4g Lights up but it never activates. I have not tried any of the other versions but that is my next step

Did you wait until activation times-out or did you give up and reboot? You have to wait until activation times-out (yes-it takes forever). And then change the subscription type in network settings. (And then wait again....) but yes. After all this waiting your Xoom should activate.

bigdave240

Nov 6, 2007
Did a 'dirty' upgrade from 163 and 4g continues to work. I think you have to let it time out before you can set it to ruim/sim and it will work

krmtdfrg

Mar 12, 2008
Help!

Did you wait until activation times-out or did you give up and reboot? You have to wait until activation times-out (yes-it takes forever). And then change the subscription type in network settings. (And then wait again....) but yes. After all this waiting your Xoom should activate.

When you say "Wait for Activation to time out"...Where exactly is that. I have been having an issue getting the 4G activated. I do the steps listed in Network Settings but the RUIM/SIM option does not stay highlighted. This has been happening on 163 and now on 164. Any help would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Need a little help here. I cannot for the life of me get my 4G to work. I have the network mode at LTE/CDMA, and when I try to change the subscription from NV to RUIM/SIM it just swaps right back. I've reloaded and rewiped a few times, and redownloaded 163 and verified the MD5. Am I missing something?

I am having this same problem and cannot figure out how to fix it. Have you gotten it to work?

khanh1289

Aug 10, 2010
technically, if you swipe up from the little dotted circle in the middle of the navigation bar, it suppose to take you directly there, but with this rom, after you swipe up, you also have to unlock your screen. That was the problem I was talking about.

bigdave240

Nov 6, 2007
technically, if you swipe up from the little dotted circle in the middle of the navigation bar, it suppose to take you directly there, but with this rom, after you swipe up, you also have to unlock your screen. That was the problem I was talking about.

Funny, I never noticed that little circle. I use a program called Unlock with WiFi so I am not locked very often unless I am away from my home router. It works the same for me as it does for you though.

kentedman

Mar 10, 2011
Salt Lake City
When you say "Wait for Activation to time out"...Where exactly is that. I have been having an issue getting the 4G activated. I do the steps listed in Network Settings but the RUIM/SIM option does not stay highlighted. This has been happening on 163 and now on 164. Any help would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

I am having this same problem and cannot figure out how to fix it. Have you gotten it to work?

So.... we're assuming you have a valid data plan with Verizon and have a working SIM card installed? Technically if you've bought and activated a data plan with verizon, the 4G data will work on your Xoom even without "Activation". If you've done a factory reset and installed a clean install of EOS 164 (or 163, or 162...) then on your first boot the Xomm should start going through the set-up process. The first thing it does is try and find Data service, and then it will say "Waiting for a Network to complete Activation". It will sit on this screen for 5-6 minutes, and then finally pop up an error page saying the device could not be activated. Hit the "Skip" button and complete set-up with-out activating. At this point, your 4G connection will be working anyway (assuming again, you have a data plan). To officially get your Xoom to activate and register on the Verizon Network, now you need to go into network settings and change the Subscription type to RUIM/SIM. I'm not sure why yours keeps reverting, but you should have Data connection either way.
Honestly, I'm not sure what the difference is (if any) by using data with NV set as opposed to RUIM/SIM?

liftman-

Nov 19, 2011

also did you update your radio firmware a while back? i think it was for 4.1

freeky1

Aug 27, 2006
My Xoom has never been activated, but on many occasions I pulled the SIM out of my old Droid Bionic and stuck it in my Xoom. It worked fine, and if I log into the Verizon website while the SIM is in the Xoom, it shows a picture of the Xoom on my line.

liftman-

Nov 19, 2011
My Xoom has never been activated, but on many occasions I pulled the SIM out of my old Droid Bionic and stuck it in my Xoom. It worked fine, and if I log into the Verizon website while the SIM is in the Xoom, it shows a picture of the Xoom on my line.

did you have the sim in on the 1st boot?

freeky1

Aug 27, 2006
did you have the sim in on the 1st boot?

When Motorola returned my Xoom to me after the 4g upgrade, it had a SIM in it. I was never prompted to activate it at any time. Any time I needed internet on my Xoom, I would just pull the SIM out of the Bionic and stick it in the Xoom, and boot up. No activation at all. I did it 20 or 30 times during the time I had the Bionic. Now I have the Razr HD, which has a micro-SIM, so I can't do it any more.

As a matter of fact, the SIM that is only Xoom right now is the one that Motorola sent me after the 4g upgrade, and it has never been activated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EOS_N10_zps8dc2664a.png

EOS_40_Header_zpsfc17bf00.png

Welcome to Eos 4.0! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Team_Roster_zps46dbf82a.png

Solarnz - Project founder and backend systems admin
    Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer
    Kevdliu - Feature Engineer, Toro maintainer
    Timduru - Frameworks Developer, TF101 maintainer
    Roach - Frameworks Developer - N4 maintainer
    RaymanFX - Remote branch and Experia maintainer
    Runandhide05 - Xoom maintainer
    UBER - Chief Graphics Designer
    Sykomaniac - Maguro maintainer

Features_zps2a2d8d3e.png

Code:
    NX Gesture Navigation Bar
    Navigation Bar Color w/ Project Glass (Auto-Transparency, not the Google Project Glass :P)
    Softkeys Long-Press Actions
    Custom Navigation Bar Ring Quick Launch Targets
    Hide Status Bar and/or Navigation Bar
    Resize Navigation Bar
    Display All User Widgets On Lockscreen
    Recents Panel RAM Display and KillAll Switch
    Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
    EOS Status Bar Toggles
    Status Bar Color
    Battery Indicator Mods
    Clock Mods
    T-Mobile Theme Engine

Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
    Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
    Volume Keys Long Press Music Control
    Disable/Enable CRT Animation
    Custom Screen Bahavior When Charging
    Custom Screen Off Wifi Delay
    Performance Settings
    Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    Eos Control Center
    MORE...

Creds_zps6c05dbff.png

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded. The resources we use include, but are not limited to:

Features:
    Code:
    Phone: for T9 dialer support
    MMS
    T-Mobile Theme Engine

Branches:
    Code:
    libhardware, libhardware_legacy, system/core, system/netd, /system/vold, frameworks/native, frameworks/av, isolated frameworks/base cherry-picks,
    and various qualcomm support related branches. We also use some qualcomm related branches from CodeAurora Forum.

Download_zps886ec94c.png

Team EOS Xoom Nightly builds

Download

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

Gapps package

Kernel_zps676c695a.png

Xoom comes with Custom EOS kernel.

Installation_Notes_zpsa4a4cf88.png

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.2.2 COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.

Information_zps30564da7.png

Changlog
    Contribute
    Gerrit Review
    Gitweb for GPL compliance
    Sorry for going quiet. As EvilDobe said, I've been putting together a project with Synergy from Codefirex. Most of the Eos guys you all love :D are on board getting devices right and working hard. In fact we should have a xoom test build in a couple days. This project focuses on optimization and will feel different from Eos. Many eos features are coming in. Also you'll see other various features from other projects. Look for test builds to drop.
    It is sad that Team EOS has not responded to the many people posting about this issue in this forum though. They are probably working on the issue too though. Its worth noting that the CyanogenMod team has responded about it on the developers G+ page and not on the forum thread here either.

Dude, how dare you be so disrespectful. These Devs, are hard working people offering FREE software. Yes for FREE, across a variety of platforms, on their own time. They are not obligated to do anything, and they are not on call. If you are unsatisfied with the product, unroot and return to STOCK. Be grateful, have patience, and show some tact.
    i am speaking on all team eos roms not just this one i understand he doesn't have a way to test things i am speaking about the whole team i have read in many other team eos rom forums people are saying they are done i am wanting to know what is going on and what is next if anything for the team and it's members as i have not seen where they have said much of anything about anything on any forums in at least a week if not longer is it asking to much for a team eos member to speak out on this subject i mean really

Wow.

Just to let you know the team is busting their asses on getting a bigger, and better, rom together. It more than likely will not be branded Eos but it will be made by a lot of the same great guys you've come to know & love as well as some new faces that you'll grow to love even more. They haven't been vocal in the forums because they are literally, all day & night, pounding away at the keys coding a new rom as well as living their lives as humans of this Earth with jobs, family, and non-internet/Android related things to tend to. They are people, just like the rest of us, and don't owe anyone anything and to pretentiously expect them to chime in & check in with us on their status is offensive to other users & the devs that put in the countless hours for free and minimal thanks.

So relax. Enjoy your current Eos release. If they are silent - assume they're working on something. If you're a pessimist - assume there is a death in the family. Either way - be respectful to the guys that give us something amazing for free.
    Not saying nothing but you could use it to google that you cant remove it (yet anyway) and to use another launcher. Sorry, couldnt resist. Lol