BOUNTY: unlock bootloader for CDMA Moto G at [$250]

Search This thread

mvnsnd

Sep 3, 2011
I would be down for donating 20 to 30 bucks for some ROM flashing abilities. Allow the XT1028 to have a recovery and I will show my gratitude monetarily. Bonus if someone could mimic the DROID3's safestrap "ROM slots" ability. Swap roms almost instantly is awesome. Where is HASHCODE when we need him!?

I'm with this. Root would be great. I'll kick in some cash, but ROM slots would be awesome in order to keep a stock ROM and a 'play' ROM.

motrinHD

Nov 30, 2011
Personally, I'd rather pledge, then pay the person who does it. I know not everyone will go through with it, but I will.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

okay, thats fine. I just ask everyone to be HONEST when they pledge!

I would be down for donating 20 to 30 bucks for some ROM flashing abilities. Allow the XT1028 to have a recovery and I will show my gratitude monetarily. Bonus if someone could mimic the DROID3's safestrap "ROM slots" ability. Swap roms almost instantly is awesome. Where is HASHCODE when we need him!?

You would like ROM flashing. Does that mean we need unlocked bootloader or is it possible with just root?

I'm with this. Root would be great. I'll kick in some cash, but ROM slots would be awesome in order to keep a stock ROM and a 'play' ROM.

great, i'll soon starting making a list of everyone that is willing to pledge

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010
So great news, potentially. I've been emailing Verizon and Motorola about unlocking the xt1028. I just got an email back from Verizon that included this:
Sorry for the delay. At this time, to receive assistance with receiving a boot loader code, please visit one of our Verizon Wireless store locations seeing as this option would only be available at one of our store locations. To find the Verizon Wireless retail location nearest to you, please visit*www.vzw.com and select the store locator link at the top of the page.
I won't be able to get to an official Verizon store until next weekend, but we may have some hope yet. Motorola told me to let them know what Verizon says, so if going to the store doesn't pan out, Motorola may be able to help.

Reactions: motrinHD

motrinHD

Nov 30, 2011
So great news, potentially. I've been emailing Verizon and Motorola about unlocking the xt1028. I just got an email back from Verizon that included this: I won't be able to get to an official Verizon store until next weekend, but we may have some hope yet. Motorola told me to let them know what Verizon says, so if going to the store doesn't pan out, Motorola may be able to help.

interesting, very! I don't have the phone yet, I don't know how seriously they will take me I show up without one. Can anyone try?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

tstivers1990

Jan 20, 2009
I'll pledge $20 for an unlocked boot loader. Root is pointless as 90% of the reason I want my phone unlocked is so I don't have to deal with the buggy pos software that's currently on it. If we only get root Motorola will just promptly release an update patching it and to keep root you will be forced to stick with this buggy software. Unlocked boot loader is the end all solution. It allows custom Roms and once its unlocked and a new ROM flashed, there is no way for Motorola to lock it back down and you're not stuck with outdated software. Boot loader unlock also allows 3rd party devs to pick up where Motorola will inevitably leave off with updates.

motrinHD

Nov 30, 2011
okay this thread has been around a while its time i start taking names and pledges. Like the post above this one. IF you want to participate state how much you'll be willing to dish out to the cause.

lightningdude: thank you, for being active in all of this

TotesMyGoats

Jul 7, 2013
Connersville
I won't be able to pledge any at the moment, but I will definitely donate to whoever unlocks the boot loader once I get some money in my PayPal.

Sent from my Moto G XT1028

lt.anthonydelgado

Sep 24, 2010
San Diego
had my moto g sitting in my dresser for a month n a half. I'd love to use this phone, but root is a necessity.

Sent from my XT1028 using xda app-developers app

damagedbits

Dec 11, 2012
Thornville
Do we have a dev that might be willing to do this yet or are we just trying to get their attention? I'm definitely down to throw in 20 or 30 bucks once the wheels are in motion or at least when a dev stops by and says they're looking into it. Its rough being unrooted on such an awesome phone lol

cmoG530

Sep 7, 2009
Question. From what it seems, the $100 mark has been broken, which is what the Verizon version costs. So, the question would be, that who is skilful enough to root this device if they actually had the device and would they do it? Okay, two questions.lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requirements to Receive Bounty
    To earn the bounty, you simply have to find the exploit which will allow the following. You do not have to develop a recovery, or a kernel or a ROM, but you must provide with a working proof of concept, i.e. with a way which allows us to verify that the bootloader has been completely unlocked and that other developers can use this method to install recovery, kernel and ROMs.​

Other owners of the MOTO G XT1028 will then test your method, that when we give the bounty to who earns after we successfully test.

WE HAVE $250 for and unlocked bootloader and $60 for ROOT
    I'll pledge $120 for unlocked bootloader
    Put me down for 20

We need this I miss Xposed
    Oh "LOOK" a couple XT1028 users..I thought I'm the only one on XDA with the 1028..adore this device, worth every cent..

Sent from my 4.3_14.14.14
    (Unlocked) XT1028 Moto G
    http://waynekent.com/page6.html

This whole thread is ABOUT the XT1028

okay this thread has been around a while its time i start taking names and pledges. Like the post above this one. IF you want to participate state how much you'll be willing to dish out to the cause.

lightningdude: thank you, for being active in all of this