HTC One sudden heat and power usage

Search This thread
Hi everybody!

I've had my AT&T HTC One (M7? not the new one) for several months now and it's great. All of a sudden it's running really hot and chewing up battery. On the 1A wall charge it's fine but when charging from my computer it actually loses battery not stays charged or charging. This morning (about 9:30AM) it was at 100%. Now, just over two hours later, it's at 86%.

I uninstalled/disabled some extra apps. But it's still happening.
Usage according to the battery manager is:
Android System 56%
Google Play services 13%
Nova Launcher 7%
Mediaserver 7%
Android OS 6%

Any suggestions appreciated. My phone is not rooted or anything I am simply posting here because some of you are the smartest and most competent smartphone experts I know of, and have come up with some fantastic software and workarounds.

Solarenemy68

Jul 28, 2009
Dallas
Hi everybody!

I've had my AT&T HTC One (M7? not the new one) for several months now and it's great. All of a sudden it's running really hot and chewing up battery. On the 1A wall charge it's fine but when charging from my computer it actually loses battery not stays charged or charging. This morning (about 9:30AM) it was at 100%. Now, just over two hours later, it's at 86%.

I uninstalled/disabled some extra apps. But it's still happening.
Usage according to the battery manager is:
Android System 56%
Google Play services 13%
Nova Launcher 7%
Mediaserver 7%
Android OS 6%

Any suggestions appreciated. My phone is not rooted or anything I am simply posting here because some of you are the smartest and most competent smartphone experts I know of, and have come up with some fantastic software and workarounds.

Turn off the auto light sense and set it for manual or use a third party app. The sensor polling and adjusting all the time eats the battery.