{Theme}{Port} Galaxy Red Evolution v2.0 DJ05 1.10.11

Search This thread
hmmm...i honestly dont know :eek:

i see you themed the red blue ;)

i had looked into the blue version as well...but i thought id have to do to much work ultimately once i looked at the individual images...it was kind of a mess of images that in many cases looked like they were edited in ms paint or something...so i kinda gave up

i have the last dj05 update for this theme however...ill put it up monday...im in the middle of porting themes to aosp atm

Monday update? lol

orion421

Oct 9, 2010
Malone,NY
Not to speak for nitsu here but I believe since defon is pretty much an exact copy that he will prob not do too much more with this theme

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
Not to speak for nitsu here but I believe since defon is pretty much an exact copy that he will prob not do too much more with this theme

ill post the last update (ive had it done for awhile)...it just changes the pulldown menu icons and a few other things (nothing major)....but....umm...yeah ;)

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
I was thinking the same thing :) This one does look great though.

I had looked into the blue version and it was kind of a mess imo...essentially i would.have to do the entire thing from scratch and that's a lot if work for something to still be considered a port....really with this theme i had to do a great deal of work as well as the creator basically themed a few red elements into like a superdark gloss theme...and it was a lot of work

(And the blue version wasn't done by the original creator)

Bawb3

Dec 1, 2010
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Gotcha, I didn't knower there was so much work involved, it's no biggie. My gf is using this theme, and I decided to try matted blues last night, they are both great! really appreciate your work!

Sent from my Fascinate

Reactions: nitsuj17

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
op updated with restore clock services.jar but keeps red accents

lildeez84

Jan 6, 2011
thanks, as far as the wallpapers and launcher pro icons go, i know where to put the wallpapers, but where do i put the launcher pro icons to get them to work?

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
thanks, as far as the wallpapers and launcher pro icons go, i know where to put the wallpapers, but where do i put the launcher pro icons to get them to work?

just put them in a folder whose name is easy to remember (icons) and then put them on your sdcard...when you longpress in adw or lp on the icon you want to change it ll ask you if you want to look in the gallery, go in there and navigate to your folder

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
Thanks so much nitsuj, do you have a donate link?

Sent from my Fascinate
thanks for the appreciation. :) but i don't take donations...all i do is port theme, which i don't think merits taking donations for...,some feel differently about this, but for me i think any donations you feel like giving should go to those 4 or 5 guys who really make things happen on this phone. :)

But im glad you enjoy my small contributions to the fascinate, thanks.

jdkzombie

May 16, 2010
topeka
Small contribution Nitsuj17? Dude. This theme is Badass. Even if its not a rom. Kudos to u still. This may never leave my phone unless I find a GB port from bird or jt that is functional enough to use everyday. Like calls and texting. And Bluetooth lol. Again. Great theme bro. Ill donate a high five whenever u need one!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
Small contribution Nitsuj17? Dude. This theme is Badass. Even if its not a rom. Kudos to u still. This may never leave my phone unless I find a GB port from bird or jt that is functional enough to use everyday. Like calls and texting. And Bluetooth lol. Again. Great theme bro. Ill donate a high five whenever u need one!

and as for froyo/gb, all the themes ive done will be ported over (as crazy as it sounds im starting on kaos froyo now..the images at least)

so going forward... this, nextang, matted blues, purple, black aosp (although not for cm...cuz its built in) and revolution (which i took over from retrokid when he jumped ship) will be available for whatever you flash

again..thanks ;)

Reactions: akaine2001

emotionlotion

Jan 12, 2011
I'm having some issues getting this theme to work. After installing dj05_nitsuj17_1-7_galaxyred.zip and redservicesjarwithclock.zip via clockworkmod when I reboot again I immediately get an error about Messaging closing unexpectedly with a Force Close button. I'm new to this so I'm sure I'm messing up somewhere.

I'm using DL09 installed like I saw here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=911677 and rooted with the 1-click method found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=779238

I also used the DL09 theme fix immediately after flashing the two .zip files I mentioned above.

Any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a wip theme that is based off of fantastic "Red Soul Evolution" from plasticdarlow at xda: original thread: [THEME]|Red Soul|Evolution|[12-03-10] - xda-developers

1-10-11 added a flashable service.jar to put the clock back in (by request). this is different than the other restore clock thats out there in that its made for this theme and keeps the red accents in date/ongoing/latest/carrier notifications :)

****DJ05 Only****

*Usual Disclaimer* I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. Best practice is to make a nandroid before flashing anything.

The status bar/icons and several other images come directly from Red Soul Evolution, but much of it was put together/made separate of the original theme.

1/7-ok well i decided to update it a little more cuz i was kinda bored :)...added black menus, black browser to match theme, added more red in a bunch of places....changed pulldown menu

12/21 added modded services.jar cwr flash to remove clock froms status bar...courtesy Crushd (xda)

Major Credit to: pasticdarlow at xda for putting together the original theme and doing a fantastic job
    DtatchD and Retrokid223 because i always need their help
    adiliyo and ryanbeu as i forked the dialer that was originally made by adiliyo for darkstar and then edited by ryanbeu for defcon1 (i only edited a few images here and there on my own for it)
    Darkstar OP: [Theme] Darkstar Port - DJ05 only - xda-developers
    Defcon1 OP: [THEME] defcon1 - DJ05 - port/hackjob version 4 - xda-developers
    DiGi for finding the theme in the captivate forums to begin with :)
    CrushD for figuring out the xml edits to remove clock in status bar

*i apologize if i forgot anyone or if I used anything of yours without realizing it* if i did just let me know and Ill be happy to give you credit :eek:

This theme is for deodexed systems. and has reboot options as well

I'm using and have tested on JT's Super Clean Rom Series for DJ05. If you are not running his rom or one that uses stock lock screen, puzzle unlock may show still show up for you.

Screens:
    device2.png
    device3.png
    device4.png
    device5png.png
    device.png

DJ05 CWR Install: v2.0
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15331201/dj05_nitsuj17_1-7_galaxyred.zip

Restore Clock (but keeps red accents in the service.jar)
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15331201/redservicesjarwithclock.zip

also htc ime themed kb to match (install through file manager or astro
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15331201/HTC_IME_hi_themed_.zip

and 12/22 wallpapers/lp icons
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15331201/Galaxy_Red_Icons_wallpapers.zip
    O

Alrighty ill swap out this alarm icon for a red revoultion one. :)

As for power option problems it definetly is the defcon issue....seems that those who like red themes had that previously and that didn't have a twframework built into the theme....so jumping from there to here was the issue...,so anyone who was on defcon should flash a return to stock theme (i have one at androidforums that ill stick in the op tomorrow) then flash this....

If you are on any other dj05 themes or a stock deodexex rom yih will be finep

Yup the problem was definitely with my defcon theme... I had previously used the JAMT theme as my base source for my defcon theme which didn't have those boot options and when I flashed this galaxy red theme I ran into a problem upon boot where the screen staying black...

So at that point I reflashed my defcon theme and then started seeing the issue people were reporting with the shutdown menu not launching and hanging the system which I previously wasn't seeing.

Thankfully before I left for NY I whipped up a new version of defcon using this galaxy red theme as a base instead of JAMT. So tonight I completely wiped all my user data/cache and flashed JT's new super clean .9 and my new version of defcon and everything works perfectly now.

I'll post the new version of defcon1 when I get back home from the holidays.
    Gotcha, I didn't knower there was so much work involved, it's no biggie. My gf is using this theme, and I decided to try matted blues last night, they are both great! really appreciate your work!

Sent from my Fascinate

and as for froyo/gb, all the themes ive done will be ported over (as crazy as it sounds im starting on kaos froyo now..the images at least)

so going forward... this, nextang, matted blues, purple, black aosp (although not for cm...cuz its built in) and revolution (which i took over from retrokid when he jumped ship) will be available for whatever you flash

again..thanks ;)