FORUMS

changeScreen v2.78! -- (screen rotation app)

795 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By 600GOL, Senior Member on 3rd January 2009, 05:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st June 2009, 10:50 AM |#571  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
installed th v2.78, but i cant make it to go into landscape mode. how do i do it?
21st June 2009, 06:08 PM |#572  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I do not know if its because i really like this app... But it seems to turn the screen quicker than before. However, even if its just my idea...

Thank you !!!
21st June 2009, 07:29 PM |#573  
Flag Hampshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpersa1

WTF, I don't get it. It doesn't work as it should... again

Same for me. Using V2.78, I have an Exception set for TomTom so that it should only run in Landscape. However, when I launch it with my Touch HD in portrait, then TomTom starts in portrait, and stays that way until I rotate my Touch HD to landscape - after that, TomTom remains in landscape, even if I rotate my phone.

I'm sure that this was working properly with an earlier version (i.e., TomTom always started in Landscape regardless of the orientation of the phone.
22nd June 2009, 07:09 PM |#574  
Thanks Meter: 221

More
I have a suggestion, if it'll be possible.

Can you make it smoothly slide into another orientation when you rotate the phone?
Something similar to how Opera 9.7 does when you rotate it.
That'll look way awesome
22nd June 2009, 09:06 PM |#575  

More
Unhappy Doesn't work accurately on O2 ROM 1.40.207.2
Manila doesn't rotate even if it is removed from the exception List.

Would be wonderful to have the music-tab in landscape.

Any idea?

Greets,
Slugger
23rd June 2009, 10:16 AM |#576  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip

Same for me. Using V2.78, I have an Exception set for TomTom so that it should only run in Landscape. However, when I launch it with my Touch HD in portrait, then TomTom starts in portrait, and stays that way until I rotate my Touch HD to landscape - after that, TomTom remains in landscape, even if I rotate my phone.

I'm sure that this was working properly with an earlier version (i.e., TomTom always started in Landscape regardless of the orientation of the phone.

Correct. The thing is, it did work on new version, but it doesn't anymore... I'm not shure how did I brake it...
23rd June 2009, 03:48 PM |#577  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orouborus

installed th v2.78, but i cant make it to go into landscape mode. how do i do it?

What exactly are you trying to get to landscape mode?
23rd June 2009, 03:50 PM |#578  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiKBeAsT

I do not know if its because i really like this app... But it seems to turn the screen quicker than before. However, even if its just my idea...

Thank you !!!

Well, v2.78 works completely differently than version v2.5 so maybe...
-- Glad you like the app btw
23rd June 2009, 03:56 PM |#579  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpersa1

Correct. The thing is, it did work on new version, but it doesn't anymore... I'm not shure how did I brake it...

Sorry for this guys. My Tomtom has never had a problem starting in landscape... The only thing I can possibly think may be the cause is that Tomtom tries to force itself to run in portrait mode (for some reason) - so changeScreen thinks its switched Tomtom to landscape (as soon as tomtom opens) but then tomtom switches itself to portrait.

Now I could be 100% wrong on that too. Do either one of you use the Vibrate before rotation feature? If you do does it ever vibrate when you srart up Tomtom? Again - that is just what came to mind when thinking about what could cause this behavior.

Either way - let me know and I'll dig some more...
23rd June 2009, 03:59 PM |#580  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Terrible

I have a suggestion, if it'll be possible.

Can you make it smoothly slide into another orientation when you rotate the phone?
Something similar to how Opera 9.7 does when you rotate it.
That'll look way awesome

Yeah - someone montioned this before (or maybe in another thread). I've thought about doing that for a long time - I just haven't had the time to dedicate to trying to figure out how to get it to work. Believe me - its not as easy as it seems... If I figure something out believe me the changeScreen threads will be the 1st to know about it!

Thanks for the suggestion tho!
23rd June 2009, 04:15 PM |#581  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger69

Manila doesn't rotate even if it is removed from the exception List.

Would be wonderful to have the music-tab in landscape.

Any idea?

Greets,
Slugger

What if you add it as an exception and check portrait and landscape?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)