Small microSD card reader for USB-OTG, works with Moto G

Search This thread

shaftenberg

Jul 31, 2010
Cologne
Of course not, why would you? I just thought I'd read you had your phone rooted. If that wasn't the case and I just got confused, I apologize...

Indeed I rooted my phone when it was possible, but I checked USB OTG far before, so believe me, although it seems maybe unbelievable for you, USB mounts just correct for me.
Maybe there are other things which prevents you from mounting, see why someone can install apk's and someone not. In that special case I had both scenarios, sometimes it worked with installing apk's after factory reset, sometimes not.

But yes, mounting, reading and writing was possible without root. Even disconnect and connect again, just works.

BTW, today I got my meenova! Nice gadget :)

Attachments

• meenova.jpg
    meenova.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 942

techguyone

Mar 5, 2011
I'm hoping mine comes soon, when did you order yours?

Sent from my Moto G using XDA premium 4 mobile app

irishpancake

May 1, 2011
Small Village
Indeed I rooted my phone when it was possible, but I checked USB OTG far before, so believe me, although it seems maybe unbelievable for you, USB mounts just correct for me.
Maybe there are other things which prevents you from mounting, see why someone can install apk's and someone not. In that special case I had both scenarios, sometimes it worked with installing apk's after factory reset, sometimes not.

But yes, mounting, reading and writing was possible without root. Even disconnect and connect again, just works.

Quite a few users have had problems with mounting USB otg....or should I say, re-mounting after removing, device needs to be rebooted to enable otg mount again!!

Even if using StickMount and other utilities, it cannot be got to work, on my rooted device anyway......

also the side loading problem persists, despite all the solutions offered.

So user experience is different for different users, which is unfortunate, as it is not a universal experience for all.

Sent from my Moto G using TapaTalk

techguyone

Mar 5, 2011
My Meenova arrived today (carbon black), looks & works great, still can't write to it though... My wife's HTC One does though, good ol motorola breaking the USB function.

ferreinf

Jun 26, 2010

Looks very nice, i am waiting for one similar to this, post fb after

VictorCSx

Dec 9, 2013
Juiz de Fora - MG - Brasil
moto G OTG with kit kat and large micro sdxc cards

It seems that moto G is getting kit kat update OTA, and, by reading on Meenova website, they tell that moto X's OTG works with kit kat, but only with root or 3rd party apps, which is pretty sad, cause they put great functions on the phone, but try to hide them. Should it be the same with moto G?

And, also, anyone tried OTG with 64GB micro sdxc cards?

Thanks!

Last edited:

BBOXPT

Oct 21, 2009
Porto
www.tudoladentro.info
Received mine, and got a 32GB card. I can access it via File Explorer, but music apps won't detect what i have in it (i even created a folder named Music).
Also, cannot create files/folders nor copy content there. So no write.

Moto G 8gb XT1032 retail.DE, locked BL no root, running stock.

weckart

Jul 13, 2010
Got my Meenova a few days ago. Mounting and reading OTG was never a problem - even with music apps but I cannot write to any usb device. My Moto just spits out the same permissions complaint.

enrique097

Oct 29, 2013
Got my Meenova a few days ago. Mounting and reading OTG was never a problem - even with music apps but I cannot write to any usb device. My Moto just spits out the same permissions complaint.

I just ordered a Meenova, so it doesn't work?

Sent from my XT1034 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

903tex

Mar 22, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Moto G Stylus 5G
I dropped my phone and landed on my meenova cracked and USB popped out!! :( I just got it today in mail. Is there another company that makes one same compact size for a cheaper price

Sent from my XT1034 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts