2,293 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,872

By kholk, Retired Recognized Developer on 4th October 2010, 01:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th February 2011, 05:56 AM |#471  
Flag Chula Vista
Thanks Meter: 46

More
I have the eng-hboot using the 1st method of prem rooting and s-off. Do I need to use the gfree method?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

13th February 2011, 09:05 AM |#472  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 621

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainvalenajr

I have the eng-hboot using the 1st method of prem rooting and s-off. Do I need to use the gfree method?

Do you have a G2 or DZ ? Your signature makes it look like you are in the wrong forum.

For flashing a Vision radio, if you have the eng hboot then you should be able to flash it fine using fastboot, with the phone in fastboot mode.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z
13th February 2011, 09:20 AM |#473  
Flag Chula Vista

More
Nope I have a Tmobile G2 running using Virtuous rom. Well I was reading the post about downloading the radio img and then ziping it with another file. Then flash it when you turn on the phone holding volume+power. I did what the instruction told me but when it reads the PC10IMG.zip it never asks me to update it. So I was just wondering if I was doing anything wrong.

13th February 2011, 12:13 PM |#474  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 621

More
Quote:

Nope I have a Tmobile G2 running using Virtuous rom. Well I was reading the post about downloading the radio img and then ziping it with another file. Then flash it when you turn on the phone holding volume+power. I did what the instruction told me but when it reads the PC10IMG.zip it never asks me to update it. So I was just wondering if I was doing anything wrong.

I was going from the fact you seem to be posting from a Glacier.

Ok, well I have never tried that way of flashing it, but quite a few others seem to have had success with it. So does it find the PC10IMG.zip and open it ? Sounds like maybe it's not finding it. Is it on the root of the SD card ?

Sent from my HTC Desire Z
13th February 2011, 02:45 PM |#475  
Flag Surf City USA ....Huntington Beach CA.
Thanks Meter: 488

More
Quote:

You need to make sure the 2 files you zip together are 1-.img file and 1-.txt file, not 2-.zip files or 1-.txt and 1-.zip etc....and then rename it to PC10IMG.zip, otherwise it will do what is happening to you, so make sure you unzip the text file and radio image first then zip them together.
Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
13th February 2011, 05:17 PM |#476  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Or go back in this same thread until you find the link to download a pre-made PC10IMG.zip. the work is done for you.

Sent with my CM7 G2 using XDA tansparent app.
13th February 2011, 05:28 PM |#477  
Flag Chula Vista

More
Oh alright. Okay I found the pre made PC10IMG. I just want to clarify if unforgivens method of prem rooting and s-off might set my s-off to s-on? And yea do I need to do the gfree way?

13th February 2011, 05:33 PM |#478  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Not sure on that one.

Sent with my CM7 G2 using XDA tansparent app.
13th February 2011, 05:36 PM |#479  
Flag Chula Vista

More
Aha I see. Thank you for helping me. Well ill try the PC10IMG now

13th February 2011, 05:40 PM |#480  
Flag Chula Vista

More
Alright it worked but I didn't update my radio yet. Kind of afraid if it might mess up my phone and since I don't have adb to fix it.

13th February 2011, 07:23 PM |#481  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 351

More
Quote:

Oh alright. Okay I found the pre made PC10IMG. I just want to clarify if unforgivens method of prem rooting and s-off might set my s-off to s-on? And yea do I need to do the gfree way?

Run gree verify to make sure you are truly s-off and unlocked. If not then the new radio will not allow you to root as it's been patched.

Refer to this wiki for guides. Everything is there.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...tle=HTC_Vision
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)