Originally Posted by Vgamer4550
I've been using Fresh 220.127.116.11 for quite awhile now and I would have to say overall I am very impressed with it and cant wait to see what Flipz comes up with now that we have an official update available to work with and what Flipz additions he throws in the pot.
I have had some issues with this ROM and I thought I would through this out there as both observations and questions to see what people have to say.
1) Like most people I have to brightness bug....kills my battery but I realize that this is not an official Gingerbread, hence the tag Beta in the version.
2) This only started truly happening after I upgraded from 3.5 to 18.104.22.168, but Pandora just sucks now. I am aware that there is a streaming issue that was introduced in Android that the new update is supposed to fix, but my issue is very strange.
Before updating to 22.214.171.124 I could get Through an hr or so out of Pandora no problem, after update I was lucky to get through two songs before Pandora would stop playing. I tried all the fixes with the proxy settings and what not with no luck. Then someone showed me a link to "reworked" copy of Pandora that seems to work alot better, but still its by no means working like it should. I do have a paid subscription to Pandora One so I might switch back to that after a few more updates and the Official Gingerbread gets ported over.
3) This is probably related to number 2 but, my phone keeps stopping as if its gone to sleep. What I mean is, lets say I am listening to a podcost I down loaded to my phone. I'll get to just after the 30 minute mark in the cast and the phone just stops. In fact, Google Listen will just go away. I thought it was a listen issue, but I get the same response form Google Music, and TuneIn radio.
The weird thing is that I know this may still be a streaming issue, but 1) why does it affect downloaded podcasts, and 2) TuneIn radio stays streaming music much longer then Google Music or Pandora, its does however buffer quite a bit....acting just like Pandora Trying to find or load another song.
4) The Alarm functions on my phone are very unreliable now. Sometimes they go off on time, sometimes they are early, sometimes they go off at the time my snooze would have, and sometimes when I hit dismiss the alarms go off again like I hit snooze....I cant depend on them right now.
5) Last but not least, the Sense UI constantly loads when I go back to the home screen. If I do anything substantial in an app and then back out of that app to the home screen, 8 times out of 10 I have to watch the Fresh Loading Screen for my Home screen. Ive switched to both Launcher Pro and SPB Shell 3D to try and get faster response out of the launcher.
Thats my two cents on the ROM so far. I do like it alot and cant wait to see a non beta release. I might try xxxvirusromxxx to try out Sense 3.0 but I hope this long winded post helps anybody else who might be experiencing similar issues.
thanks Guys, and Congrats to Flipz.
Just wanted to give an update, now that the official update to gingerbread has been released, it turns out that alot of these issues actually seem to be in the official release from Sprint and HTC.
I went ahead and updated the Kernel and Radios manually then updated my PRL and Profile and have been using it all weekend with much better results. Im still using Fresh 126.96.36.199.
The New Kernel has dramatically improved my streaming music issues, my screen brightness now works like it should again, and a GPS issue that I didnt even know I had has been much improved. I can actually use it again without sucking the life out of my phone in like 10 minutes.
I still here Pandora has some major issues with the new official GB release and the Alarms fixed themselves after I actually reset everything, so dont expect the alarms to work if you dont reset them after going to GB.
So, it looks like Fresh 188.8.131.52 is as good as can be expected based on the admittedly Flawed Official update that has been released. Hopefully they send out a few more updates to fix the issues that are in this release and maybe give us the things that they did not include that most other phones got With Gingerbread, Screen off animation Im looking at you.
Thanks again Flipz and hope you had some great time off, looking forward to whatever you cook up next.