FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEAD][MOD][ICS] Google Now for ICS -Updated for Multi-Language (4 Feb 13) [DEAD]

9,890 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,999

By cajunflavoredbob, Senior Member on 14th June 2012, 12:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd July 2012, 01:02 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 1,979

Donate to Me
More
@buzzboy: please use [CODE]-Tags around your logcat, so it does not get so big.
@dave:
i don't know what the problem is... you could try this one: http://d-h.st/MRh - it maybe fixes a permission error.
if you have some spare time, it would be great if you start with a clean cm9 and test it their, then installing gapps and test it again (removing VoiceSearch, GooglePartnerSetup and QuickSearchBox) just to pinpoint the problem. (if its sth from gapps or not)
@paparozzi: The UI and search results are translated (at least in some languages), but i think cards won't work if you don't search in english
The Following User Says Thank You to MaR-V-iN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MaR-V-iN Ad-Free

3rd July 2012, 01:07 PM |#102  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 461

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaR-V-iN

@buzzboy: please use [CODE]-Tags around your logcat, so it does not get so big.
@dave:
i don't know what the problem is... you could try this one: http://d-h.st/MRh - it maybe fixes a permission error.
if you have some spare time, it would be great if you start with a clean cm9 and test it their, then installing gapps and test it again (removing VoiceSearch, GooglePartnerSetup and QuickSearchBox) just to pinpoint the problem. (if its sth from gapps or not)

Okay, Well am just backing up my Apps and ill do a Nadroid backup in a sec. Wipe and install ROM
Ill do this from scratch and see where we are at, so if there is anything else you want testing let me know
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dave7802 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dave7802 Ad-Free
3rd July 2012, 01:15 PM |#103  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave7802

Okay, Well am just backing up my Apps and ill do a Nadroid backup in a sec. Wipe and install ROM
Ill do this from scratch and see where we are at, so if there is anything else you want testing let me know

The only thing i wanna konw is if its sth from gapps blocking things or anything else - so i know where i have to start.
3rd July 2012, 01:27 PM |#104  
I found a Taggoogle.apk in a Nexus build.

Anything useful?

http://code.google.com/p/ics-nexus-s...pec=svn18&r=18

Edit: It's associated with Octet-Stream (Voice audio) on a network.

Regards.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1341318435013.jpg
Views:	1307
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1174082  
3rd July 2012, 02:10 PM |#106  
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
okay full wipe and clean install of rom.
it works but still the network connection error on startup of the app.
logcat

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovv2gbr0y8...ice_infov3.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to dave7802 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dave7802 Ad-Free
3rd July 2012, 02:25 PM |#107  

Donate to Me
More
@ buzzboy: Sorry to say that, but what you posted here is not useful in any way. TagGoogle.apk is Google's NFC App - that's why you have it on Nexus S and propably not your phone if it has no nfc.
@ dave: which of the apks i uploaded did you use? could you retry using this apk: http://d-h.st/wiR and which way do you make logcats? if possible please use "adb logcat", thanks.
3rd July 2012, 02:28 PM |#108  
No worries. It just struck s chord with the network issue.

I'll keep my eyes open regardless, I may strike it lucky.

Cheers.
3rd July 2012, 02:30 PM |#109  
Flag Sitia
Thanks Meter: 7,158

Donate to Me
More
tg stands for TheGoogle.
Dafuq.

Code:

invoke-virtual/range {v21 .. v21}, Lcom/google/android/velvet/VelvetConfig;->isTheGoogleDeployed()Z

move-result v21

if-nez v21, :cond_1e

.line 88
   const-string v21, "Velvet.VelvetNetworkClient"

const-string v22, "Swallowed network request because tg is not deployed"

invoke-static/range {v21 .. v22}, Landroid/util/Log;->v(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)I

Code:
.method public isTheGoogleDeployed()Z
    .registers 2

.prologue
    .line 166
    const v0, 0x7f09000d

invoke-virtual {p0, v0}, Lcom/google/android/velvet/VelvetConfig;->getBoolean(I)Z

move-result v0

return v0
.end method
The Following User Says Thank You to theos0o For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift theos0o Ad-Free
3rd July 2012, 02:50 PM |#110  
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
I was using some App of the play store as i am in work and not at home.
But i decided to install Eclipse and the SDKs to help get to the bottom of this for everyone.

Here is the Logcat directly from Eclipse, And after the phone has settled, so should only be logging from the moment Google Now is launched.

This is using your latest version you posted.
Installed, Rebooted into recovery, Cleared Cache, Cleared Dev, Fixed Permissions.
Booted, let the phone settle, Cleared the Log, Launched the App, Network connection error come up, Then allowed Google Permission to my account.
Searched "Test" Come back with results, but still the Network connection problem upon launching.
Went to home screen, Opened it backup again and same Network error.

Thats all the Logcat should show, Hope this is more helpful

**** Seems there is issues attaching atm, Here it is: https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Logcatv2.txt?w=b375ba62 ****

Just as a reminder, This is on a Clean Rom, with Titanium Backup, and Root Explorer installed on it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Logcatv2.txt - [Click for QR Code] (29.3 KB, 16 views)
3rd July 2012, 03:02 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 88

Donate to Me
More
works on my vivid
network error comes up
but cards work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, google now, ics, mod, read the op noobs!

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)