FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEAD][MOD][ICS] Google Now for ICS -Updated for Multi-Language (4 Feb 13) [DEAD]

9,890 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,999

By cajunflavoredbob, Senior Member on 14th June 2012, 12:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd July 2012, 08:44 PM |#21  
Flag Roermond
Thanks Meter: 72

More
It's the first time I installed this package, and I get this error:

2nd July 2012, 08:45 PM |#22  
Flag Hampshire, England
Thanks Meter: 143

Donate to Me
More
How do we install this? Install it the normal way (file browser->Install app) or drag it to /system/app, change permissions and reboot?

EDIT: question was answered. Didn't want to install if I did it the normal way (got application not installed error), but placing it in /system/app seems to work. However, I am getting 'Network error. Check your network connections and try again'. Anyone else getting that?

EDIT #2: not working on my home WiFi (getting those pesky network errors) but working over 3G/HSPA.
2nd July 2012, 08:48 PM |#23  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 356

More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaR-V-iN

Yes it does not require root, install as usual app (does not require to be in /system/app)
I disabled some things in voice input initializing code that require api 16, have to look deeper to resolve this, but i have no free time at the moment, so this will not be done tomorrow
The other idea is to port the missing JB apis to ICS, this should allow other JB apps to run too.

@seahorsepip while playing around with jb apps i changed my api version in build.prop to not require recompile any time - forgot this change for velvet...

Its working without voice input. But at least its working
2nd July 2012, 08:51 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 171

More
I think I know the voice issue, the app isn't able to connect to the internet for some reason to fetch weather etc :/
edit: have to reload my browser faster :P
edit2: pretty funny to see you working on this and nogapps project rofl
2nd July 2012, 08:52 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
That is what i get

Gesendet von meinem Nexus S mit Tapatalk
2nd July 2012, 08:53 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
ROM:
xiMix_MIUI.us V4 2.6.29 ICS_DE_EN

Normal installation and everything is perfect

EDIT: Voice Search dont work
2nd July 2012, 08:54 PM |#27  
Flag Kolkata

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xUniverse

ROM:
xiMix_MIUI.us V4 2.6.29 ICS_DE_EN

Normal installation and everything is perfect

Are u kidding me???????

How did it work? It doesn't recognize the voice at all for us
2nd July 2012, 09:00 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 2,003

Donate to Me
More
The voice recognition won't work for anybody as I disabled it, because it depends on jb API. Current workaround that may work is to use the voice input key on your keyboard after tapping the search input field.

Edit: the apk won't install if you got quicksearchbox in /system/app or installed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaR-V-iN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MaR-V-iN Ad-Free
2nd July 2012, 09:00 PM |#29  
Flag Hampshire, England
Thanks Meter: 143

Donate to Me
More
Doesn't seem to want to work on 3G/HSPA or WiFi now. Whenever I search for something, it just keeps loading with the loading spinner. Anyone else having these issues?

EDIT: if I clear data (which also clears cache), then try and search, it works, but only until I back out of the app. Then it just goes on a continuous loading cycle again till I clear data.
2nd July 2012, 09:07 PM |#30  
Flag Kolkata

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbullcat

Doesn't seem to want to work on 3G/HSPA or WiFi now. Whenever I search for something, it just keeps loading with the loading spinner. Anyone else having these issues?

EDIT: if I clear data (which also clears cache), then try and search, it works, but only until I back out of the app. Then it just goes on a continuous loading cycle again till I clear data.

Are u talking abt the voice input working?
2nd July 2012, 09:07 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbullcat

Same here have to close and restart app after 1 or 2 searches :P
atleast the app starts xD
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, google now, ics, mod, read the op noobs!

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)