FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEAD][MOD][ICS] Google Now for ICS -Updated for Multi-Language (4 Feb 13) [DEAD]

9,890 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,999

By cajunflavoredbob, Senior Member on 14th June 2012, 12:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd September 2012, 02:55 PM |#5001  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunflavoredbob

No. You haven't given any information relevant to the thread. No one else has reported this. It's probably a lack of system space on your part. If you want to report an issue, read the first post. That will tell you what we need to troubleshoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdaddy96

People are installing on Sense and Touchwiz ROM's all over the place . No one(other than you) is having this problem. There is nothing in this port that should be causing the issues you describe.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Here's the story.
Before flashing the offline zip, my device is running great. I heard about this before so I decided to give it a try. Downloaded the offline zip and flashed it. After flashing it's running but laggy, after a night, it's getting worse, and my phone are not stopping from just rebooting, even if I didn't even touch it. Then I decided to change back to stock Google search so I flashed the back to stock zip and now my device running but slow (so I admit that I have a heavy ROM), but at least better than just rebooting.

If you are going to ask why am I the only one that report/get this, I don't know. I'm just telling the story.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda app-developers app

2nd September 2012, 04:12 PM |#5002  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
thanks for this
2nd September 2012, 04:41 PM |#5003  
SF Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,458

More
Quote:

Did you miss the part just past that where the problem was solved. Don't start with me boy. I said I was mistaken at first. I didn't have to spend any amount of time working on that, but I did anyway. "Noob moves" have nothing to do with it. Someone asked why it wasn't working. I looked in the zip and told him the correct reason. The Ears lib is not needed. If you simply push the Ears apk, it's fine. If you flash the Ears zip, it apparently FC's. Simple. It's called trial and error, since that problem hadn't been encountered before.

i didn't miss any of it, boy

lighten up.

i just pointed out you quoted my post which had zero to do with your response then and nothing to do with everything you're going through again now.

you obviously have more technical skills than i do. no question about that. but you do seem to have a thin skin if someone points out (without call you a moron or idiot) a mis-step of yours for someone who loves to throw the venom on others mis-steps.

just saying
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drewski_1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drewski_1 Ad-Free
2nd September 2012, 06:40 PM |#5004  
OP Senior Member
Flag Your Basement

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewski_1

i didn't miss any of it, boy

lighten up.

i just pointed out you quoted my post which had zero to do with your response then and nothing to do with everything you're going through again now.

you obviously have more technical skills than i do. no question about that. but you do seem to have a thin skin if someone points out (without call you a moron or idiot) a mis-step of yours for someone who loves to throw the venom on others mis-steps.

just saying

You obviously don't understand the purpose of trial and error. If you're going to call me out on something, at least get things straight first. I only call people out on stupid questions that have been answered before, especially the ones printed in plain English in the first or second post. If the problem isn't reported or hasn't been encountered before, how do you expect a solution will come about without anyone throwing out ideas and reasons? There was no mis-step to be had. The problem was diagnosed and a solution was found.

Also, your post was quoted so as to further the discussion. Your response to it was the only one which was unrelated.
2nd September 2012, 06:41 PM |#5005  
OP Senior Member
Flag Your Basement

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImjuzCY

Here's the story.
Before flashing the offline zip, my device is running great. I heard about this before so I decided to give it a try. Downloaded the offline zip and flashed it. After flashing it's running but laggy, after a night, it's getting worse, and my phone are not stopping from just rebooting, even if I didn't even touch it. Then I decided to change back to stock Google search so I flashed the back to stock zip and now my device running but slow (so I admit that I have a heavy ROM), but at least better than just rebooting.

If you are going to ask why am I the only one that report/get this, I don't know. I'm just telling the story.

As far as I'm concerned you're only making it up, since you haven't provided us with any means to diagnose your problem. Next time read the OP before posting a problem.
2nd September 2012, 06:48 PM |#5006  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 542

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Here's the story.

It's just your phone, so no disclaimer should be neccessary. Hundreds of people have it without any such issues on different platforms. Something is definitely wrong with your phone though, and I have a feeling its probably cluttered, but Idk... Also make sure you have a decent rom/kernel setup.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium
2nd September 2012, 07:36 PM |#5007  
OP Senior Member
Flag Your Basement

More
ARMv6 instructions and new links add to the OP. All files are now mirrors from the originals for posterity.
2nd September 2012, 08:17 PM |#5008  
Flag Sudbury, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 122

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Please add this advice: Don't install on ROM with heavy UI like Sense. Installing this on my Desire HD with Blackout v3.0 is making my device non-stop rebooting.

I have a ROM with just such a 'heavy UI' (Sense 3.6, actually) and am using Google Now just fine.
2nd September 2012, 09:54 PM |#5009  
SF Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,458

More
Quote:

If you're going to call me out on something, at least get things straight first.

CFB, it's been entertaining and since you're doing a great job putting together the zips and maintaining the new OP, i'll go along with your reality that your post & quote made logical sense

anyway, i see you're from New Orleans, i hope that you and your family weathered Isaac with a minimum of issues.
2nd September 2012, 10:07 PM |#5010  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
This has been working great on my t-bolt w/the new pics leak. Thanks for the work.

I recently saw where the latest update fixed the problem w/editing and using sports teams. Any chance we will see that improvement?

Thanks again.
2nd September 2012, 10:52 PM |#5011  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
ok I have been reading so much and people are talking about getting the new google now to work with the sports update. what file are you guys using?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, google now, ics, mod, read the op noobs!

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)