FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[DEAD][MOD][ICS] Google Now for ICS -Updated for Multi-Language (4 Feb 13) [DEAD]

9,890 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,000

By cajunflavoredbob, Senior Member on 14th June 2012, 01:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th July 2012, 07:20 PM |#501  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 45

More
got it working on my sgs4g, noticed it's a bit laggy when loading.

4th July 2012, 07:20 PM |#502  
Flag The land of no-iPhones
Thanks Meter: 1,147

More
Ok so devs:
Apparently the first build posted on the first page has it where the voice reads back answers to you.
We don't have this on the current build so any help looking into that would be appreciated, it'd be nice if we could get that functionality back in. Hopefully we can get voice search too before the 4th is over with!

Sent from my Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to SilentStormer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SilentStormer Ad-Free
4th July 2012, 07:25 PM |#503  
Flag Manitoba
Thanks Meter: 69

More
So officially i have no more Google Now or Google Search on my phone. When I started to clear the cards away to get my search to work better on Now, the phone would start to FC it. I tried reflashing the gapps-ics zip to get my original G search back but to no avail it tried to boot into G Now.

So if anyone has insight as to why this is happening, is there an other location i have to delete the GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk from? The only place i know it is, is in system/app since thats where it needs to be forced to.
4th July 2012, 07:26 PM |#504  
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theos0o

can you guys with the network error try this one (and log if possible)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?u09rrb81ju6bkp7

push it to /system/app and replace the old one velvet apk if there's any.

looks like a google account issue to me ??
are you properly logged in etc. on other google services?

This worked for me!
4th July 2012, 07:29 PM |#505  
Flag Manitoba
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolo39

Some others and me have the same problem... I think it's account related because I can use Google Now with my second account

i dont know if its account related because my cards and app where working perfectly fine before i cleared the cards to get the search to work better.
4th July 2012, 07:32 PM |#506  
Flag Aurora
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Alright, here's what I've done and what I've had success with.

Device: OG HTC Incredible (4.0.3, CM9 Alpha 9)

When I installed, I renamed GoogleSearchBar, pushed Velvet.apk, then made the permissions match everything else in /system/app, after a reboot.

During usage:
  • Clicking the search bar will oepn the search UI. This is identical to the non-search UI in that it has the same cards appearing over time, but has previous searches from the Google account and lacks the pretty looking header.
  • Clicking on the voice icon or holding down search causes it to go into dead "didn't catch that" mode.
  • Clicking on the "Google" app or loading that in any way loads the Google Now UI that is presented to Jelly Bean users who access it from a home screen or from holding down the software emulated home button. I've got this as a lockscreen shortcut on CM, so it performs the same way.
4th July 2012, 07:35 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentStormer

Was there a "GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk" in your system/app folder to begin with?

Sent from my Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app

Yes there was. I renamed it to "GoogleQuickSearchBox.apkBACKUP". I also tried deleting the old file and put the new one in system/app. Same result. I reflashed the gapps.zip (restored the old "GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk"), then the (old)searchbar was there. The I redownloaded the new file, renamed the old one, copied the new one in system/apps and set the permissions to rw-r--r--. Restart and the Searchbar is gone again.
4th July 2012, 07:39 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by confyzone

i dont know if its account related because my cards and app where working perfectly fine before i cleared the cards to get the search to work better.

I think so because it's working with my old account.... :/
4th July 2012, 07:41 PM |#509  
Flag Baku
Thanks Meter: 278

Donate to Me
More
How come my search results don't return images in cards, like in demo video on OP...when I ask how tall is Shaq, I get the result but no image of Shaq or Rihanna or Shakira....(((

Sent from my MotoA953 using xda app-developers app
4th July 2012, 07:42 PM |#510  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgadon

Yes there was. I renamed it to "GoogleQuickSearchBox.apkBACKUP". I also tried deleting the old file and put the new one in system/app. Same result. I reflashed the gapps.zip (restored the old "GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk"), then the (old)searchbar was there. The I redownloaded the new file, renamed the old one, copied the new one in system/apps and set the permissions to rw-r--r--. Restart and the Searchbar is gone again.

+1
I'm on oneRc2.q 4.0.3 rom on the HTC One V.
I keep clicking on the search bar but nothing happens.
Trying to make a logcat now.
4th July 2012, 07:43 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith27

How come my search results don't return images in cards, like in demo video on OP...when I ask how tall is Shaq, I get the result but no image of Shaq or Rihanna or Shakira....(((

Sent from my MotoA953 using xda app-developers app

I think it's related to the problem that Knowledge Graph is only available in the US
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, google now, ics, mod, read the op noobs!

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)