FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEAD][MOD][ICS] Google Now for ICS -Updated for Multi-Language (4 Feb 13) [DEAD]

9,890 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,000

By cajunflavoredbob, Senior Member on 14th June 2012, 12:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th July 2014, 08:53 PM |#6881  
San Juan
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunflavoredbob

The solution is to use a device with Jellybean or higher. Beyond that, this project, as indicated by the thread title, is dead and no longer working.

thanks for respond

28th July 2014, 10:51 AM |#6882  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
For those who didn't find out, if you want Google Now (offline) voice search to integrate with other apps (e.g. with stock htc keyboard) which instead are using the default (online-only) ICS voice search, do the following:
- reboot to recovery
- browse to /system/app
- move to sdcard voicesearch.apk and voicesearch.odex (this one might not even exist in your rom)
- rename velvet.apk to voicesearch.apk
- clear cache and dalvik
- reboot.

Enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to nor-ric For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nor-ric Ad-Free
31st July 2014, 03:57 AM |#6883  
Thanks Meter: 1,176

Donate to Me
More
Not everyone can "just upgrade"....for example the kyocera hydro comes with android 4.0.4 and has a locked bootloader preventing custom roms...it can however be rooted. I'm trying to locate this google now offline package mentioned so guess I'll browse the thread now.
31st July 2014, 05:28 AM |#6884  
Flag Jordan, Arkansas
Thanks Meter: 643

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by famewolf

Not everyone can "just upgrade"....for example the kyocera hydro comes with android 4.0.4 and has a locked bootloader preventing custom roms...it can however be rooted. I'm trying to locate this google now offline package mentioned so guess I'll browse the thread now.

I've always had devices with locked bootloaders. Ever heard of safestrap or bootstrap? Kexec perhaps? Lol I have a droid x that has a locked bootloader yet we have tons of ROMs mainly ICS and GB based but we also have a cm11 port. My current device runs 4.1.2 from stock and has a lock bootloader yet with safestrap I can dual boot custom ROMs or run stock....depends on how I feel that day So saying you have a locked bootloader is a weak excuse bud

Sent from my Paranoid Bionic
The Following User Says Thank You to Oggie7797 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oggie7797 Ad-Free
31st July 2014, 06:39 AM |#6885  
OP Senior Member
Flag Your Basement
Thanks Meter: 7,000

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggie7797

I've always had devices with locked bootloaders. Ever heard of safestrap or bootstrap? Kexec perhaps? Lol I have a droid x that has a locked bootloader yet we have tons of ROMs mainly ICS and GB based but we also have a cm11 port. My current device runs 4.1.2 from stock and has a lock bootloader yet with safestrap I can dual boot custom ROMs or run stock....depends on how I feel that day So saying you have a locked bootloader is a weak excuse bud

Not really a weak excuse if there isn't any development for the device in question. The Droid X was a very popular device and shared hardware with other popular devices of its time. It is no surprise that there are many options for it. Kyocera devices usually have limited or no development, especially here in XDA.

Either way, this project, as listed in the title and in my previous post, is dead. Whatever you find in the thread is up for grabs, but don't expect help or support when things don't work correctly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
31st July 2014, 07:05 AM |#6886  
Flag Louisville,Ky
Thanks Meter: 1,516

More
Quote:

You may have just made my day. I'm gonna look up those boot methods. This phone is locked up tight.

sent from my towelrooted LG L34C using tapatalk
31st July 2014, 07:36 AM |#6887  
Thanks Meter: 1,176

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

As cajunflavoredbob mentioned...there are no custom recoveries or roms available for the kyocera hydro. Both the bootloader AND the diagnostic port are locked with kyocera stating they have no plans to unlock either. Maybe this will change if the bill to allow cell phone unlocking passes as currently these changes also prevent you from being able to change the phone to another carrier (from boost mobile to cricket for example or even just to sprint which is who provides the infrastructure for boost mobile.)

I would think if it was possible then a google would have found SOMEONE attempting it by now on this device however I'd love to be proven wrong.

@cajunflavoredbob

I realize your project is dead but figured it can't hurt to ask a question...the hydro is rooted but has no custom recovery so none of the .zip's will work...the stock rom is odex'd but I'd be willing to try the google offline install....does one exist I can install myself by making the system partition r/w and installing the files? I read at one time there was an apk that would do the install. Thanks for your time either way.
31st July 2014, 03:09 PM |#6888  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 8,303

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by famewolf

I realize your project is dead but figured it can't hurt to ask a question...the hydro is rooted but has no custom recovery so none of the .zip's will work...the stock rom is odex'd but I'd be willing to try the google offline install....does one exist I can install myself by making the system partition r/w and installing the files? I read at one time there was an apk that would do the install. Thanks for your time either way.

I made an offline install for my users with due permission from Bob.
The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, google now, ics, mod, read the op noobs!

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)