FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RELEASE] AKToggleWifi

47 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By akarnik, Member on 5th November 2008, 07:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th November 2008, 11:56 PM |#11  
bluemetalaxe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
mmh, i use such a wifi toggle since one year, so i´m wonderíng why you made a new one, or did i miss anything ?
the one i´m using at the moment is also here at xda devs:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...04&postcount=2


here is another one that is 2 Years old but i think i rember it works only on wm5
http://www.ultimatelaunch.de/index_en.html (look at SmartUtilities)
so thank you for your work, but maybe next time some searching ?
 
 
6th November 2008, 11:57 PM |#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
big thanks for this function!!!
i'm looking for this for a long time!
i have a P3300 with alot physical buttons
then i searching to activate the wifi without switching to my home screen or comm manage to activate it.

if you can create samething for phone function
i'll be very very happy !!!!

thanks again for your work !!
7th November 2008, 12:01 AM |#13  
bluemetalaxe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
7th November 2008, 12:37 AM |#14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
i wanted something extremely simple to use, needed no configuration and didnt need other apps to be installed on the device. Hence i wrote this in C++. Yes, other tools can do more and thats great, but they all might require some setup. Since i flash often, i wanted something for myself that i can just use without using any brain energy. Hence the simple app. I'm glad some people find it useful... i certainly find it extremely useful for my own usage style. I released it to everyone rather than keep it to myself, because i have benefitted from the work by other developers on this site, and even if 1 other person finds it useful, i'm satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemetalaxe

mmh, i use such a wifi toggle since one year, so i´m wonderíng why you made a new one, or did i miss anything ?
the one i´m using at the moment is also here at xda devs:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...04&postcount=2


here is another one that is 2 Years old but i think i rember it works only on wm5
http://www.ultimatelaunch.de/index_en.html (look at SmartUtilities)
so thank you for your work, but maybe next time some searching ?

7th November 2008, 12:39 AM |#15  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
do you mean you want something to turn just the phone radio off, similar to how this one turns wifi off? i'll look into it..havent looked at those api's yet, but it should be possible. However, just out my curiosity, why you want to turn the phone off so often?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thol

big thanks for this function!!!
i'm looking for this for a long time!
i have a P3300 with alot physical buttons
then i searching to activate the wifi without switching to my home screen or comm manage to activate it.

if you can create samething for phone function
i'll be very very happy !!!!

thanks again for your work !!

7th November 2008, 12:40 AM |#16  
nir36's Avatar
Retired Moderator
Flag Jerusalem
Thanks Meter: 330
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarnik

i wanted something extremely simple to use, needed no configuration and didnt need other apps to be installed on the device. Hence i wrote this in C++. Yes, other tools can do more and thats great, but they all might require some setup. Since i flash often, i wanted something for myself that i can just use without using any brain energy. Hence the simple app. I'm glad some people find it useful... i certainly find it extremely useful for my own usage style. I released it to everyone rather than keep it to myself, because i have benefitted from the work by other developers on this site, and even if 1 other person finds it useful, i'm satisfied.

hehe dude. don't take this the wrong way. no one's judging. developing new apps is ALWAYS good.

cheers for the initiative.

7th November 2008, 03:42 AM |#17  
Stu_Can_Sam's Avatar
Member
Flag Baltimore, MD
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Talking
I agree! Good on you for contributing! I want to say thanks for this app and I will be using it.
7th November 2008, 07:21 AM |#18  
bluemetalaxe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
i am sorry AK and thanks again for your work.i just want to inform that there are allready existing such wifi toggles. they are simple small exe files and dont need any other application or must be modified, like yours.
7th November 2008, 10:21 AM |#19  
hanackin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag toulouse
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
HI!

Thanks for this great tool!, I will save some of my times

Could it be possible to get the same but for bluetooth ?
9th November 2008, 07:44 PM |#20  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
@akarnik: thanks mate, for a useful application. Cheers!
9th November 2008, 11:31 PM |#21  
Madremiha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks for your work AK

Hanakin see here for Bluetooth
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=362115
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes