FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[APP][May 5 2009] Mobile Shell 3 Toggler - Easily switch between MS3 and Today!

894 posts
Thanks Meter: 61

By thx1200, Inactive Recognized Developer on 6th May 2009, 04:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th May 2009, 11:04 PM |#11  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Raleigh, North Carolina

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly1113

Where do you go to assign the hardware key for this program?

MobileShell 3 Toggler relies on other apps (or the OS itself) to map its functions to keys. The first place to look is under Settings then Buttons. If you are using a newer HTC device, that's usually a pretty sparse menu. lol. I personally use AE Button Plus to remap buttons to functions. If you use AE, buy it! The author doesn't get enough monetary love for such a freaking awesome app. :)

7th May 2009, 11:05 PM |#12  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLaw843

Since the Palm Treo Pro (running WM 6.1) was made by HTC, I never know whether or not the software here on this site will work on it. Will it?

There is no good reason why it shouldn't, but that doesn't mean anything. Download it and try it. If it doesn't work, uninstall it. lol
8th May 2009, 02:41 AM |#13  
Flag Swindon
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Smile Smart Toggle Issue?
Thank you for this (and highlighting it to me from Spb forum). I find the toggle works exactly as designed on my Kaiser - but I am not sure that the smart toggle is correct for me.

It will not at all cycle between the 2 home screens. The behaviour I see is that whenever I press this Smart Toggle (assigned to a physical button) I am taken to the HTC Manilla Home: from within Manilla anywhere else, and also from anywhere in Spb Mobile Shell.

BTW - I am using the Kaiser ROM PDA Corner Xv3 and the latest Spb MS3 (3.0.1 Beta 1 (build 6456))

PS - have you considered a three-way toggler to cycle between Spb Home, Manilla Home and the Today screen? This would merge your Touch Flow Detacher and Mobile Shell Toggler efforts and seems a logical next step unless a problem.

Regards
8th May 2009, 03:50 PM |#14  

More
First, toggling between the three would be cool, but I just don't have time to work on it. All the source code is available for both projects. If somebody implements this, just give me a little credit! I won't say "no" but I have no plans right now. As much eye candy as TouchFlo 3D was, it just wasn't that useful to me. I find MS3 incredibly useful, even if it's not quite as much eye candy as TouchFlo. So I'm pretty sure I'm not going to use TouchFlo anymore. But never say never!

The problem you are facing with Smart Toggle is likely because MS3T doesn't know to look for TouchFlo as the top window. It only looks for the "classic" Today screen. I can add a feature to consider the TouchFlo screen the "Today" screen. That should fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony.wheeler

Thank you for this (and highlighting it to me from Spb forum). I find the toggle works exactly as designed on my Kaiser - but I am not sure that the smart toggle is correct for me.

It will not at all cycle between the 2 home screens. The behaviour I see is that whenever I press this Smart Toggle (assigned to a physical button) I am taken to the HTC Manilla Home: from within Manilla anywhere else, and also from anywhere in Spb Mobile Shell.

BTW - I am using the Kaiser ROM PDA Corner Xv3 and the latest Spb MS3 (3.0.1 Beta 1 (build 6456))

PS - have you considered a three-way toggler to cycle between Spb Home, Manilla Home and the Today screen? This would merge your Touch Flow Detacher and Mobile Shell Toggler efforts and seems a logical next step unless a problem.

Regards

11th May 2009, 03:07 AM |#15  
Flag Cincinatti
Thanks Meter: 11

More
tf3d not loading
I'm running wm6.1 / Arrupenthals rom latest V5.9 with SPB 3.0 . After installing I can toggle to Today screen but even though I have TF3D checked in today settings it will not load when it switches from spb to tf3d. It jsut hangs on the HTC icon and tf3d does not load. any ideas?
ps - if I stop spb (shut down- kill program) tf3d loads.
13th May 2009, 05:19 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
MB3 starts at the begining,,I dont want to
I insatalled MS3 on my X1 but I restarted it, it always started at the begining but I don't want to...could anyone tell me how to disable to start in todays screen ,,I just need the other application start not MB3 and sometimes it stopped working and I should restart it,,I dont know why..plz somebody help me...thanks
13th May 2009, 08:37 AM |#17  
Hong Kong

More
Thank You
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1200

First, toggling between the three would be cool, but I just don't have time to work on it. All the source code is available for both projects. If somebody implements this, just give me a little credit! I won't say "no" but I have no plans right now. As much eye candy as TouchFlo 3D was, it just wasn't that useful to me. I find MS3 incredibly useful, even if it's not quite as much eye candy as TouchFlo. So I'm pretty sure I'm not going to use TouchFlo anymore. But never say never!

The problem you are facing with Smart Toggle is likely because MS3T doesn't know to look for TouchFlo as the top window. It only looks for the "classic" Today screen. I can add a feature to consider the TouchFlo screen the "Today" screen. That should fix it.

Many thanks for the MS3 toggler. I also use your TouchFLO Detacher.

I am also interested in the "feature to consider the TouchFlo screen as the "Today" screen".

Hope we can have this brilliant feature soon.

Thanks again.
16th May 2009, 07:38 AM |#18  

More
okay, so i have downloaded the file, copied into my touch hd, and installed it. and.. whats next? it just says everything installed successfully but whats next? how do I set or toggle the screen? sorry for noob question.
17th May 2009, 02:51 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Working great on my Kaiser with MS 3 beta 3, PP+. Smart Toggle great. If it does not have any issue in the next few days, I will contribute. That was my biggest issue with MS 3 (Although I liked that I could get to phone contacts from anywhere just doing the "L" swipe in MS 2 - actually only thing I used in MS2 -... but nothing is perfect), new "show today" widget is an advancement from SPB, but your solution is the best for hardware buttoned phones as the kaiser.
20th May 2009, 03:15 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Working great. Made MS 3 perfect. Dropped you a beer, thanks.
26th May 2009, 09:52 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Any way to go back to last-used MS3 screen?
I've got MS3 on a WM5 TyTN. Although I can't get your programs to run (could be a certificate issue with WM5, where a required trusted root isn't present...?) I put together a quick program using SendMessage() and the parms you specified in the first post, to see if I could bring MS3 to the front.

While this does work, what I was hoping is that it would bring MS3 to the front and display the last screen I was working in. For me it's a continuity thing, but it also makes some tasks more simple like using MS3's web favorites to view pages in IE Mobile.

Do you have any idea if there's a message that can be sent to SpbNow_MainWindow to just bring it to the front but not jump back to the Now screen?

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hide, mobile shell 3, show, today, toggle

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)