FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][May 5 2009] Mobile Shell 3 Toggler - Easily switch between MS3 and Today!

894 posts
Thanks Meter: 60

By thx1200, Inactive Recognized Developer on 6th May 2009, 03:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th May 2009, 08:52 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Any way to go back to last-used MS3 screen?
I've got MS3 on a WM5 TyTN. Although I can't get your programs to run (could be a certificate issue with WM5, where a required trusted root isn't present...?) I put together a quick program using SendMessage() and the parms you specified in the first post, to see if I could bring MS3 to the front.

While this does work, what I was hoping is that it would bring MS3 to the front and display the last screen I was working in. For me it's a continuity thing, but it also makes some tasks more simple like using MS3's web favorites to view pages in IE Mobile.

Do you have any idea if there's a message that can be sent to SpbNow_MainWindow to just bring it to the front but not jump back to the Now screen?

Thanks!

27th May 2009, 04:21 PM |#22  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Raleigh, North Carolina

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperD

I've got MS3 on a WM5 TyTN. Although I can't get your programs to run (could be a certificate issue with WM5, where a required trusted root isn't present...?) I put together a quick program using SendMessage() and the parms you specified in the first post, to see if I could bring MS3 to the front.

While this does work, what I was hoping is that it would bring MS3 to the front and display the last screen I was working in. For me it's a continuity thing, but it also makes some tasks more simple like using MS3's web favorites to view pages in IE Mobile.

Do you have any idea if there's a message that can be sent to SpbNow_MainWindow to just bring it to the front but not jump back to the Now screen?

Thanks!

I don't know of any code to do that, but if you discover one, please post it and I will add it to my top post for those interested.
7th June 2009, 05:01 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
MB3 starts at the begining,,I dont want to
I am having the same problem, MS3 start but TF3D hang when starting up...any bro out there mind help to solve this matter... thanks
11th June 2009, 11:14 AM |#24  
Flag delhi

More
tf3d not loading
i installed the MS3 and the MS Toggler,but it is not loading the tf3d along with the spb...it hangs with the HTC logo....kindly help...sos
12th June 2009, 07:44 PM |#25  

More
Finally works!! I HAVE MANAGED TO RUN TOUCHFLO 3D AND SPB MOBILE SHELL 2 all at the same time!!

You can see the steps here: http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/new...-together.html

After, you have to delete MS3 from startup (windows\startup\) to prevent MS3 from booting on startup. This configuration only works if TF3D begins the first. Then, do a soft reset.

Enjoy!!
4th July 2009, 11:56 PM |#26  

More
hey, is it possible to put´╗┐ the spb carousel button (or a link) to the touchflo 3d screen ?
21st July 2009, 03:28 AM |#27  
Flag Victoria Regional

More
Working at last
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaju

Finally works!! I HAVE MANAGED TO RUN TOUCHFLO 3D AND SPB MOBILE SHELL 2 all at the same time!!

You can see the steps here: http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/new...-together.html

After, you have to delete MS3 from startup (windows\startup\) to prevent MS3 from booting on startup. This configuration only works if TF3D begins the first. Then, do a soft reset.

Enjoy!!

THANKS A LOT MATE......

I was also very confused by the instructions given in the original post. It kept saying to delete or rename the MobileShell file. The problem I had was that I couldn't even delete or rename this file. There was no mention of doing this in the windows\startup menu.

Checked out your link and together with your instructions - to delete MS3 from startup (windows\startup\) - I finally got it to work.

The reason I need to be able to switch between the two is that I have a HTC Touch HD from Telstra. I need the Telstra part (TouchFlo) to Surf the Internet etc and use SPBMS3 for all my other stuff. (Much more user friendly than the Telstra Interface)

Thanks again.
14th September 2009, 01:17 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I like this so much in my Kaiser that I made a donation. I would like to know if this can be used in XPeria X1 with stock ROM with Panels.

Anyone has any input?

Thanks.
15th September 2009, 12:48 AM |#29  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Raleigh, North Carolina

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbernstein

I like this so much in my Kaiser that I made a donation. I would like to know if this can be used in XPeria X1 with stock ROM with Panels.

Anyone has any input?

Thanks.

I seem to remember somebody having problems doing that, but I'm not sure. I guess give it a try and let us know! Unfortunately, I don't have a X1 to test with.
15th September 2009, 01:55 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I'm exploring the possibility of buying the coming X2. When (if) I do so in a few months, I'll install and will let you know if it works.

Thanks.
29th September 2009, 10:34 PM |#31  
Flag Southern IL USA
Thanks Meter: 177

More
No longer seems to work with the new MS 3.5 that came out today.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hide, mobile shell 3, show, today, toggle

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)