5,455 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,597

Post Reply Email Thread
21st November 2010, 10:07 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by folio100

t's me again sorry if i disturb you, even with the stock image my wifi connection is not working, i think the update doesn't work on my folio because I still have my old app and tochiba. before to do the update with your ROM my folio was rooted with SuperOneClickv1.5.5 and I had made manually some copy of Google App, then my Folio was not clean in the beginning, the question what to do to force an update with abd, I am very new then if you have a solution try to be more explicit. thank's.

any others news ...when i try to made a factory reset I got E:Can't mount DEFAULT_PATH.
Formatting DATA:...
Formatting CACHE:...
Formating MISC:...
and abd shell doesn't work!!!
please help

21st November 2010, 10:42 PM |#102  
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Is there an easy way to fix the problem with the sd-card and internal storage?
21st November 2010, 11:11 PM |#103  

More
@Folio100
Did you try to dl the stock firmware in the first post and install it with the upgrade firmware method? I think it should format all previous apps and rewrite oly the stock apps.
21st November 2010, 11:18 PM |#104  

More
Thumbs up WIFI ok now
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnfr

Nothing special it just started working after a reboot. I think the router was in N mode and has dropped back now.
Also I have to disable...reboot...enable. Then it works. Mmind you,as Dex said...the Toshiba driver was dodgy too

Hei shawnfr.

I did some resetting of the device by pulling the battery. After that, WIFI connected and stayed connected.
Also put the energy-widget on the desktop to switch WIFI on and off. Works perfect.

Thanks also for shinebar1001/Dannys input.

Dexter: This was great stuff. Thank you!

BR
Barry
21st November 2010, 11:33 PM |#105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiros7

@Folio100
Did you try to dl the stock firmware in the first post and install it with the upgrade firmware method? I think it should format all previous apps and rewrite oly the stock apps.

yes i did it but my folio don't take any update, even factory realy i don't know what to do.
22nd November 2010, 12:04 AM |#106  

More
Did you try the new rom? I mean did you do the update-recovery.zip thing first and then update to dexter firmware and then tried to go back to the stock rom?
I think maybe you have to flash with the update-recovery.zip first to put your folio in root mode before you can flash it for good with dexter rom or the stock rom. But I may be wrong.
22nd November 2010, 02:31 AM |#107  
OP Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen

Donate to Me
More
Posted a small usb mount update..

its kinda temporary as its not perfect, as toshiba made their "framework" different than Nvidia to handle usb mounts, so its not fully compatible , but does the job for some time..

see post #1 for the update.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dexter_nlb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dexter_nlb Ad-Free
22nd November 2010, 02:33 AM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by folio100

any others news ...when i try to made a factory reset I got E:Can't mount DEFAULT_PATH.
Formatting DATA:...
Formatting CACHE:...
Formating MISC:...
and abd shell doesn't work!!!
please help

1. when you install the update-recovery.zip rename this file to update.zip and reboot into recovery on folio100.
2. when its good (press HOME to see that it worked) then
copy the contents of the "FolioModv01.zip" to a sdcard, you find a update.zip and txt file inside this zip.
3. again reboot into recovery and let the update.zip be installed.
22nd November 2010, 11:00 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_nlb

Posted a small usb mount update..

its kinda temporary as its not perfect, as toshiba made their "framework" different than Nvidia to handle usb mounts, so its not fully compatible , but does the job for some time..

see post #1 for the update.

Umm it seems to have stuffed my system applying this again.
Launcher Pro is now broken, as is Astro.
It has mounted the internal SD, but now doesn't seem to see the external one :(
Do I have to re-install all the apps and do a factory reset after this update?
22nd November 2010, 11:41 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Dexter, need clarification on your instructions:

"1. Download Folio recovery v0.1 , rename zip to update.zip and put onto sdcard.
Execute "Apply sdcard:update.zip" in recovery menu.
Then
2. Download from Mirror 1 - FolioMod v0.1 or Mirror2 - multiupload link
and inside zip is a textfile and update.zip which goes to root of your sdcard."

That instruction seems to put 1. update.zip into sdcard, then 2. put another update.zip into the same sdcard to overwrite the first.

Any Folio owners successfully did these steps?

Thanks
22nd November 2010, 11:42 AM |#111  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_nlb

1. when you install the update-recovery.zip rename this file to update.zip and reboot into recovery on folio100.
2. when its good (press HOME to see that it worked) then
copy the contents of the "FolioModv01.zip" to a sdcard, you find a update.zip and txt file inside this zip.
3. again reboot into recovery and let the update.zip be installed.

Normaly I do it several time, but I will do it again, then First I made an update withe update-recovery.zip (renamed update.zip before) after I have to let the folio reboot and launch the android system or directly when I reboot i go directly to recovery mode and do the update with the "FolioModv01.zip" (collect the update.zip inside the zip), i will remove the battery system first to check if the wifi reset. I will keep you in touch later because i am in office now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)