By Shadowmite, Senior Member on 10th June 2010, 03:57 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
10th June 2010, 04:22 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethman408

I have the OTA.

Yeah same here and I cant get it to work for the life of me, I am using windows XP and PowerShell to do the looping but so far no luck I have tried it 72 times now and still nothing. I will try a windows 7 machine later at home but I don't see how the OS of my machine would impact the Incredible but I supoose its worth a try thanks for responding to my question

10th June 2010, 04:23 PM |#102  
Flag New Mexico
Thanks Meter: 57

More
guys, im a droid user so i have no use for this, just wanted to say congrats and what a clever way to root!
10th June 2010, 04:23 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Nope i am on windows 7 as well and still cant get it to work.
10th June 2010, 04:28 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Congratulations. This is great news.

I would like to know some stuff:
1. Is it possible to revert phone back to absolute stock state like it had never been messed with after this? just in case people want to go back to stock for official updates and what not?

2. Has anyone started cooking roms for the phone now?

P.S is there a wiki page with instructions for windows 7?

Thanks.
10th June 2010, 04:34 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
For those who got it, when did you start your batch?

Sometimes when I start the batch it freezes the DOS window.

Do you wait till recovery comes up or before where the screen says incredible?

I am using Win XP, but will try windows 7 later.
10th June 2010, 04:38 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AetherNex

I've found that after adb not starting in recovery and you reboot, if you run "adb reboot recovery" as the Verizon Wireless boot animation comes up, adb runs when you get back into recovery every time.

Now as it comes up do you wait to see the actual verizon logo or do you run the common at the very second that it would have shown the logo?
10th June 2010, 04:40 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Don't recovery and normal boot use different images? Maybe try mounting normal boot image filesystem and chmoding su to 777 before reboot... (no incredible here)
10th June 2010, 04:41 PM |#108  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edstreiff

Now as it comes up do you wait to see the actual verizon logo or do you run the common at the very second that it would have shown the logo?

I didn't hit it the moment the HTC quietly brilliant screen changed, but once I saw the VZW animation start. I've tried it a few times since the root seems temporary, and each time I did it the animation seemed to be at different points, but it worked each time. I do know that I usually hit enter for the command no more than halfway through the animation each time though.
10th June 2010, 04:41 PM |#109  
Flag Dekalb
Thanks Meter: 28

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edstreiff

I haven't gotten my Inc yet so I can't say for sure, but trying the command too early shouldn't have an effect, the idea is to ask as early as possible, i.e., as soon as the SPL starts adb-server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohsaka

Don't recovery and normal boot use different images? Maybe try mounting normal boot image filesystem and chmoding su to 777 before reboot... (no incredible here)

That's a good idea, is chmod included in the stock recovery command console?
10th June 2010, 04:50 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have no problem performing the procedure. I've done it 4 times now.

my only problem is that it is not perm. after reboot i have no SU.
10th June 2010, 04:52 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AetherNex

I didn't hit it the moment the HTC quietly brilliant screen changed, but once I saw the VZW animation start. I've tried it a few times since the root seems temporary, and each time I did it the animation seemed to be at different points, but it worked each time. I do know that I usually hit enter for the command no more than halfway through the animation each time though.

can you help us out and count how many seconds from the moment you see the white HTC screen until you click to execute the adb reboot recovery command?

I changed my boot screen. so i never see the VZW logo.

Thanks!!!!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread