FORUMS
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm hopeless here. I have a paid VPN service, and it works perfectly with my PC, with my mobile on Wi-Fi and with my friend's mobile also on 3G, but not on mine. For sure there's something wrong with my device. I tried hard reset, different ROMS and all different servers and settings.

It does connect to the VPN and it keeps up the connection, but internet just doesn't work. Anyone have any idea why this is happening? I tried to search other threads about this, but no success.

Thanks
Raphael
19th February 2013, 01:17 PM |#2  
Flag Soultzeren (68)
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Same here ... I search but nothing ... I'm on Ressurection Remix 3.1.3 with Kernel cm 10.1... VPN in 3G don't work
24th February 2013, 07:56 PM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Re: VPN works fine in Wi-Fi but not with 3G
Have you tried the app Go to my p.c. app?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda app-developers app
25th February 2013, 12:27 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Angry vpn thrue 3g and mobile connection
hi

reason, routing.

1. you have to setup your vpn connection to route any data between your vnp-connection.
or
2. you use another apn who route unsecured and secured data to different routes.
(secured data = VPN, unscured Data => www)

Check the isp apn if it use a stateful paket inspection firewall. this apn can ussually only route secured data (vpn).
Its no bug its a feature to solve some problems like too much connections, timeouts, reduction of hacker attack surface, and more..

you can find this information in the special vpn-whitepaper from your isp.
i hope this helps you.
25th February 2013, 02:26 AM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 22

More
How does the go to my p.c. app work?Is it pretty good app. Thanks

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app
15th March 2013, 01:25 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
3g provider at fault
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaelgoncalves

I'm hopeless here. I have a paid VPN service, and it works perfectly with my PC, with my mobile on Wi-Fi and with my friend's mobile also on 3G, but not on mine. For sure there's something wrong with my device. I tried hard reset, different ROMS and all different servers and settings.

It does connect to the VPN and it keeps up the connection, but internet just doesn't work. Anyone have any idea why this is happening? I tried to search other threads about this, but no success.

Thanks
Raphael

One thing I notice not all 3G provider allow VPN traffic. Orange is one that I discovered not allow VPN via 3G.
15th March 2013, 10:09 AM |#7  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 182

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinbox134

One thing I notice not all 3G provider allow VPN traffic. Orange is one that I discovered not allow VPN via 3G.

When you set up the VPN on your phone, make sure you fill out the forwarding fields as 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 otherwise no traffic will be forwarded through it. Testing on wifi from the same location as the host is a miserable way to test VPN as it tells you nothing. Turn off the wifi, and always test on your mobile data. There ARE carriers out there that WILL filter out VPN connections for normal user accounts and require you sign up under a business-class account to use such connectivity, this is because they want more money from you, and to not give you an easy way to get around their tethering detection. Plus in some countries, you're not allowed to possess the capability to encrypt and secure your own data/traffic and the means of encryption are banned (and therefore filtered "on-the-wire").
27th March 2013, 09:42 PM |#8  
Flag Dagupan City
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Use VPN Service that has open port. Like http://xtreamvpnworld.blogspot.com ive been using it for more than a year. I got no problem.

Sent from my WT19i using xda premium
5th May 2013, 02:05 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
@ephraim25.. sir may be you can help me with my problem i've already established my vpn all working except for all my chatting application not working i can't recv any reply like my viber,talk,skype,tango.. but if i turn off my vpn everything run smoothly.

btw.. i'm using samsung galaxy s3 built-in vpn, everything stock but rooted.
5th May 2013, 04:57 PM |#10  
Flag Dagupan City
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapnix

@ephraim25.. sir may be you can help me with my problem i've already established my vpn all working except for all my chatting application not working i can't recv any reply like my viber,talk,skype,tango.. but if i turn off my vpn everything run smoothly.

btw.. i'm using samsung galaxy s3 built-in vpn, everything stock but rooted.

That's seems odd. Anyway I haven't tried built in vpn, how about openvpn? Have you tried it? I think built in vpn doesn't support voips like viber etc. Or maybe your vpn provider does not. I really don't know. Because I tried using droid and xtream vpn it works on every chatting platforms.

Sent from my WT19i using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to ephraim25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ephraim25 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)