BOINC Project for bruteforcing Milestone's RSA Keys (This time for real!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

pontomedon

Feb 1, 2010
it's perfectly accessible atm, there might be some provider problem at your (or even my) side. you can try accessing the page through something like TOR, you need minimal traffic for this project (a work unit file is <1KB, a result file is exactly 1 byte) the only bigger thing is the worker you have to download once, ~~1MB for windows, ~~2MB for linux.

Reactions: kawaisaki

Creadion

Jul 10, 2010
Downloaded and joined the project! Quad core :)

Edit: Downloading the 64-bit version: Can't put a link down here (need 8posts), you can find the other versions under download_all.php ;)

and have to wait a few more minutes before i can post :p

Last edited:
Reactions: boolean22

pontomedon

Feb 1, 2010
you get the 64 bit version of the worker automatically if you're on a 64 bit system, even if you have the 32 bit boinc client, just check the log or your project folder for the filename ;)

Creadion

Jul 10, 2010
Hmm, the first install was in the Program Files(x86) folder, now it's in the normal Program Files folder..

But the important thing is that it works fine now, even if it already worked before

saren

Dec 19, 2010
Modern gpu have 64up or cores...May provide above 500Mflops of performence...
gpu support indeed:)

hes_luckey

Sep 12, 2009
my english isnt good

is it about unlocking bootloader ?!

can i join ?

i have a vaio core i5 windows 64bit

i want to help if someone can explain me with easy words

kawaisaki

Oct 10, 2007
Hong Kong
I'm in too !

is it about unlocking bootloader ?!

Yes

Sure, every one is welcome !

i want to help if someone can explain me with easy words

- Go on the website of the project (first message of this thread)
- On the website, look for the "preconfigured installer for windows"
- Install it, and run the program as long as you can :)

Last edited:
Reactions: hes_luckey

KeKeTTe

Jun 14, 2007
Paris
23-Dec-2010 23:25:42 [MilestoneRSA] Message from server: This project doesn't support computers of type x86_64-pc-freebsd

erf, plz support freebsd :) i have 3 or 4 computers :)

Dyonas

Jul 18, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21+
After seeing the bull**** that Motofuckers pulled this week I'm more than happy to throw my computer at this project. It isn't exactly high spec. now but it's another few cores and I tend to leave at least one computer on most of the day.

pontomedon

Feb 1, 2010
I'm almost @ 100% on both projects, what happends next?

i guess you already found out, you only finished two work units, there is an almost infinite supply of more ;-)

@freebsd: i've never even seen freebsd, let alone compiled on it... but i'll have a look at it. but i'm sure as soon as i find the time to publish the source code, there will be some people to help me port it even to the most exotic platform ;-).

Last edited:

CaFFeiNe666

Nov 4, 2007
uif i don't get wrong, boinc would support opencl too.... cause if i remember well, it was possible to use ATI vgas too...

is it possible that cuda doesn't have big integers libraries?

don't they use them for molecular calculation etc?
and isn'tthere a way to partial insert it, for example, making it analize for example the original number divided in 3 smaller numbers? the much more parallelized work would be better than performance gap made by it...

would be also good to make this project visible all around android forums (users are fragmented), and general hardware forum where there are boinc communities... also on motorola europe facebook page...

i think it would not be illegal
don't think it's illegale to crack my hardware... if i want i can trash it... so i can also open it...

pontomedon

Feb 1, 2010
of course you can have big integer support on gpus, but i guess it would be easier to write the needed functions from scratch (i only need division with remainder and addition) than to port one of the libraries as whole.
I'm planning to do as many ports as possible, but it'll take a little while.. i concentrated on the two major platforms to make the project available as soon as possible.

p.s. imho its not illegal in europe, it might conflict with the dmca in the us, because i think it prohibits "the circumvention of an active copy protection mechanism" or something like that. but i'm no lawyer, so i could be completely wrong on that ;-)

Kangal

Jan 3, 2006
Very important questions:

Does this use up internet heavily?
Does this push the system (processor etc) to the limit?
Can it run in the background like an antivirus software?

Very important question:

If we do crack the system and obtain the codes/means, can they be recycled for the other devices like the Droid X, Droid2, Droid2 WorldEdition and Milestone2?
(If so, you could gain much much more support than just Milestone owners and increase your chances of cracking this nightmare).

pontomedon

Feb 1, 2010
Does this use up internet heavily?
No, about 1KB of data per work unit.
Does this push the system (processor etc) to the limit?
Yes, but you can tell the boinc client it should only use X% of your cpu time (default is 100) or only run if you're away from the computer.
Can it run in the background like an antivirus software?
Yes, on windows, if you close the Boinc Manager with the X button, it will stay in your task tray and continue calculating based on your preferences. you can even exit the manager (right click on the task tray icon -> exit) and keep the client running (the manager asks if it should "continue to run science apps if the manager is closed", just tell it to do that).

If we do crack the system and obtain the codes/means, can they be recycled for the other devices like the Droid X, Droid2, Droid2 WorldEdition and Milestone2?
(If so, you could gain much much more support than just Milestone owners and increase your chances of cracking this nightmare).

i think different phones use different keys (would be stupid of Motorola not to do so), so a cracked Milestone key would be of no use an a different phone. but i haven't checked, so i could be wrong.

KeKeTTe

Jun 14, 2007
Paris
@freebsd: i've never even seen freebsd, let alone compiled on it... but i'll have a look at it. but i'm sure as soon as i find the time to publish the source code, there will be some people to help me port it even to the most exotic platform ;-).

i can help you, the code is very similar to linux without linuxisme ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm sure most of you know the previous thread about this topic, but it died pretty fast..

I spent the last few weeks on developing a boinc project to bruteforce the RSA key Motorola uses to sign the boot and recovery partitions on the Motorola Milestone.

The project is located here:

http://poseidon.shacknet.nu:8080/MilestoneRSA/

The front page pretty much describes what this is all about, i won't repeat all of it here, but the basics are:

• simple, naive bruteforce implementation (yes i know it's pretty much impossible to bruteforce RSA 1024, but why not give it a try and see if we're lucky)
    • windows and linux 32 and 64 bit architectures are supported, currently windows 64 bit is much faster than the other 3, i'm working on it.
    • if anyone has access to a mac, experience in building on it and interest in porting the MilestoneRSA_main app to mac, i would appreciate if you contacted me. The app must be statically linked to either GMP or MPIR.
    sooo. what is needed now are lots of participants, every single cpu increases the chance to break the key!

There were so many people in the other thread, willing to participate, i hope all of you stand to your word!

Poseidon Pontomedon
    Since the OP has given up on this for the time being and this thread is heading toward a flamefest, I'm closing it. Pontomedon, please feel free to open a new thread if a new project is started, and thank you for creating this project.
    Help us with Digging it:
    http://digg.com/news/technology/milestonersa/

pontomedon, i'm pleased to announce that you're project is on the main page of Polish Digg - wykop.pl! ;)
    http://www.wykop.pl/link/566145/pomoz-odblokowac-motorole-milestone/

One person said, that he's getting a error in BOINC: "There is no data to proccess.". For me it seems that there are no packages left on server.
    Six core pc. Im not sure wether i did well or not... It look like this
    unbenanntls3d.png
    PNT looking money for the server, I think that after opening the project will be some information about donation.