[Q] How can I remove the 80 character limit on su660?

Search This thread

tjsas1

May 25, 2010
Hi I have upgraded my lg optimus 2x su660 to gingerbread but its limited to 80 characters even I use Go SMS.

How can I remove this limit?

Thanks,
Thomie

Reactions: supergeek1021

supergeek1021

Mar 2, 2012
Cagayan de Oro
I woudl ove an answer to this as well. In Korea the sms is limited to 80 characters then it becomes an sms. My korean SU660 is designed for a USIM but it accepts standard GSM sim. limit does not change with sim card change. My nokia had a 160 character limit as did my gsm samsung galaxy. I wihs i knew more about the coding for the SU660 so I coudl dig in and see if I could tweak the rom to allow for long sms. On another note if you are just texting friends and have dat on you can use Kakao talk (on android market) and send messgaes as long as you like. For me it is cheaper than a text message because I am always chatting with it.

Mike

ParasoX

Mar 26, 2013
Quezon City
I am new to xda...

I know this thread is 2 years old, but I really want to know the answer to this.

"How do I bypass / fix the 80 Characters Limitation on the LG Optimus 2X SU660?"

Do I have to upgrade the OS?

Do I have to change the Baseband?

What to do?

Thanks! :p

Reactions: genemini

genemini

Dec 27, 2012
I am new to xda...

I know this thread is 2 years old, but I really want to know the answer to this.

"How do I bypass / fix the 80 Characters Limitation on the LG Optimus 2X SU660?"

What to do?

flash a P990 Stock or Custom ROM :)
check the SU660 development section for further instruction.

Edit: I accidentally pressed that "thanks" button LOL

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: ParasoX

supergeek1021

Mar 2, 2012
Cagayan de Oro
I am new to xda...

What to do?

I have gotten past this. Once I rooted the phone using go sms as my default messaging service solved the issue. I did have to go into original SMS program and hard enter my phone number for the sent from part. You do not need to change the base band and I wouldnt upgrade unless you had a known working root option. The 80 character limit is because Korea uses UTF-8 and I have yet to find away to alter that. It seems to be the only option. I havent gone looking for custom roms for it as when I posted on here none were out. I have it working the way I want it to so really no need to mess with it on my end. Hope it helps

Reactions: ParasoX

yuri25811

Sep 19, 2013
Hi I have upgraded my lg optimus 2x su660 to gingerbread but its limited to 80 characters even I use Go SMS.

Thanks,
Thomie

i have the same problem as yours before. eventhough my phone is already rooted and made GO SMS PRO as my main messaging app, when i send more than 80 characs, my friends would tell me that my message is somehow not complete, and that causes me problem. so, what i did was to search for solution on net. and well, what solution i ONLY found was to ROOT my phone and FLASH a CUSTOM ROM. right now am using cm10 rom for su660, and right now, i can send completely messages with 160 characs.
:):):)

Zahid Gill

Jul 29, 2013
Faisalabad
zahidgill.info
install GO SMS Pro,
go to GO SMS Pro settings --> Advanced --> Send&Receive Settings --> scroll down --> select Split large messages check box --> scroll down --> Select Enable customized SMSC --> Customized SMSC number --> enter your service providers SMSC number.

you can find SMSC numbers for operators in the following link
http://www.ozeki.hu/index.phtml?ow_page_number=458

If you are using any phone with Korean, Japanese, Czech etc... This trick never works. Its about android native sms system and not about the broadcasting limit

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks,
    Thomie
    I am new to xda...

What to do?

I am new to xda...

What to do?

flash a P990 Stock or Custom ROM :)
    check the SU660 development section for further instruction.

Edit: I accidentally pressed that "thanks" button LOL

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app
    I am new to xda...

What to do?

I have gotten past this. Once I rooted the phone using go sms as my default messaging service solved the issue. I did have to go into original SMS program and hard enter my phone number for the sent from part. You do not need to change the base band and I wouldnt upgrade unless you had a known working root option. The 80 character limit is because Korea uses UTF-8 and I have yet to find away to alter that. It seems to be the only option. I havent gone looking for custom roms for it as when I posted on here none were out. I have it working the way I want it to so really no need to mess with it on my end. Hope it helps