CM9 vs. AOKP

Search This thread

deedscreen

Nov 4, 2010
Connecticut
Hey Guys,

The Deedster here... I know that those who've owned the Photon know me, others... I'm a nobody on the Epic Touch Forums, because I have no problems with this phone... and I used to be on xda 24/7...

anyways, enough chitter chatter that doesn't matter...

I'm sure that there are threads like this but I want different perspectives of the differences of the recent updates of CM9 & AOKP...

TIA!

Sent from my Epic Touch running an Awesome Rom via xda premium

T.C.P

Apr 19, 2010
Stockton
Well as I'm sure you know, its all user preference. Do u want customization or stability? I my self use fd10 ...O-o

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Reactions: kingdazy

darkfire2024

Feb 21, 2012
Both are in their alpha stages, so of course be cautious when using them. I've been on CM Alpha 2 for 2 weeks now and it's been silky smooth with great battery life 15-17 hours.

Now I think I'm going to get a taste of AOKP and see what's all the hype about.

Personally, you can only try them yourself. Both are AOSP 4.0.4, and AOKP has more customization such as lockscreen, status bar, and nifty things. For everything else, you have to try it out yourself!

iniz94

Jan 7, 2012
Chicago
I've been using Nocturnal Venom AOKP for the past couple of days and today I tried AOKP Build 32. I love how much you can customize on it... especially with stuff like toggles, lock screen, battery bar, etc. Not really sure about CM9 because it was always "too risky" to try, but I think i'm sticking with AOKP-based ROMs.

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
Aokp 32 is flawless for me so far. There's only 2 bugs I've found.

SMS doesn't send when character limit is over 160 (even with split messages option turned on and gosms doesn't fix it.) And the signal bars don't accurately display my signal strength.

Everything else is working and battery is the best I've had on any rom.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

deedscreen

Nov 4, 2010
Connecticut

SMS doesn't send when character limit is over 160 (even with split messages option turned on and gosms doesn't fix it.) And the signal bars don't accurately display my signal strength.

Everything else is working and battery is the best I've had on any rom.

Anyone else notice this sms issue??? :confused:

Sent from my Epic Touch running Blazer Rom via xda premium

dante32278

Nov 13, 2010
I REALLY liked AOPK but I had issues with apps not saving to USB. Everything else worked great, has several more customization options than cm9. But so far cm9 has been very stable...both are still in alpha so you can play around with both and decide what you like best since app restore is simple on both.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
I REALLY liked AOPK but I had issues with apps not saving to USB. Everything else worked great, has several more customization options than cm9. But so far cm9 has been very stable...both are still in alpha so you can play around with both and decide what you like best since app restore is simple on both.

Apps like n64oid are working fine with my USB storage. Which apps are you talking about?

veritasaequita

Jul 6, 2009
Slidell
i could be wrong but i think the op was looking for a sort of list of comparisons like what are the major differences and similarities. it would actually be a pretty nice list to see as im sure a lot of us have been wondering the same thing.

Reactions: Omar04

acme64

Mar 4, 2009

that-word-inigo-montoya-word-think-means-princess-bride-mand-demotivational-poster-1260739585.jpg

dante32278

Nov 13, 2010
Archidroid was the first I found....then Philly.com...then several games....dunno why it happened but it did. Had the same result with the nocturnal venum ROM last night and TCP said it was an error he was working on. Think NV is based off AOKP so it had the same issue on both. TCP said it'd be fixed tonight so not a huge issue.

iniz94

Jan 7, 2012
Chicago
I get the MMS bug on AOKP too...

But anyone who has tried both, can you shed some light on the differences in features, battery life, which one you prefer, etc.?

Beejis

Nov 14, 2008
Washington
Even though they are both considered "alpha" they both perform exceptionally well.

It burns when I Tapatalk...

Top Liked Posts