alexander4all

Jun 26, 2008
Kehl
Last edited:

navendugoyal

Nov 17, 2010
chandigarh
thank you

can you comment on the stability and the performance .

most the 4.4.2 roms have issues with camera and bluetooth in car .
hows aokp in this department ?

alexander4all

Jun 26, 2008
Kehl
Hey,

first let me say thanks for your interest and yeah, I've tried nearly all of them but on AOKP I haven't noticed the issue with the camera so far and I've been using it for about a week now.
On a previous build the UI crashed after a while but that hasn't happened after the build on the 1st anymore, interactions are very fluent and there is no noticable lag. As to how bluetooth in a car works I can't say much, for music I myself use an Anker bluetooth 4.0 headset and that works fine. Hope that info helped.

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
I'll give it a try, thanks. Just in case... what exactly gapps do you use? A link would be of help. Have you tried photosphere?

Elvecio

Nov 6, 2012
Potenza
Mh. Camera works and proximity sensor works :)
I just don't like so much the 240dpi interface, but i can live with that :)

Elvecio

Nov 6, 2012
Potenza
Works like a charm :)
I'll try as my daily driver, i hope good results about the battery.
Keep this ROM updated :D

Danzigerstr

Apr 3, 2013
Thx this is great, is there an option to change the position of the killall button in recents ?

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

LightHaze

Sep 14, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
thanks for the rom. does Google hangout video works? instagram video recording too? because I've encountered these bugs on all kk roms

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
A noob question... What recovery are you using? I've downloaded the ROM twice, still an error on flashing. I'm still on a very old TRWP.

Elvecio

Nov 6, 2012
Potenza
Ok....here comes the ISSUES POST! :D

1) Messages app is broken. It sends two same SMS every time i send something. No problems with Hangouts SMS app.
2) Battery life is certainly a way from better. Auto brightness, 2 hours of device on (with 26 minutes screen time) ---> 86% battery. GPS off, rotate off, HSPA enabled, Wi-Fi off.

alexander4all

Jun 26, 2008
Kehl
A noob question... What recovery are you using? I've downloaded the ROM twice, still an error on flashing. I'm still on a very old TRWP.

You have to update to the latest version of TWRP then to flash Android 4.4.

Ok....here comes the ISSUES POST!

1) Messages app is broken. It sends two same SMS every time i send something. No problems with Hangouts SMS app.
2) Battery life is certainly a way from better. Auto brightness, 2 hours of device on (with 26 minutes screen time) ---> 86% battery. GPS off, rotate off, HSPA enabled, Wi-Fi off.

Oh, I've just noticed the SMS-issue and will check for a solution tomorrow and the next thing might be a bit more complex but I do get like 2-3% per hour on standby and then a reasonable drain during normal usage, except for the middle part in the screenshot where I was playing GTA3 but I'll make some tests to see if I can improve on that.

uq4u.png

Reactions: kitkatcamusa

Elvecio

Nov 6, 2012
Potenza
You have to update to the latest version of TWRP then to flash Android 4.4.

Oh, I've just noticed the SMS-issue and will check for a solution tomorrow and the next thing might be a bit more complex but I do get like 2-3% per hour on standby and then a reasonable drain during normal usage, except for the middle part in the screenshot where I was playing GTA3 but I'll make some tests to see if I can improve on that.

uq4u.png

Thanks for the first issue and dont worry for the second, i just noticed that in the last hour i was in a bad signal area, so the phone drained faster. Now seems better.

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
OK, first impressions.

7 hours on battery at night while doing nothing - 5% of the battery. WiFi is on, push Exchange is on. Good, it's about the same as PACMAN Android 4.3.1.

Tried a few apps. The camera, email, calendar, Copilot, VideoReg, Acroread, linux terminal with SSH, AdAway, Documents To Go, plus usual Google stuff seem to work, which is an improvement over PACMAN where VideoReg and a few other car DVRs couldn't access GPS. Yet to try everything else...

Now, what doesn't work.

SMS Backup runs, but the restored SMS messages do not appear in the Messages app. How to transfer my old messages here?

SMS duplicates messages when sending.

I can't find an option to add "enter" key to SMS keyboard. Where is it?

Do not install the gapps keyboard module! It has only numbers in the long press register, and they are written in an unreadable colour (black on dark grey). The default ROM keyboard is by far better!

Yet to try Bluetooth in the car. Update: tried, it worked, both calling and music!

Not bad for the first release!

Last edited:

TheBo

i had to switch to Philz recovery from tra 2.6.3.1 Because i had aokp booting logo running forever.... Before changing the recovery i change bootloader as a stupid and putted the mj5 with warranty bit stuff sinceramente i thought it was bootloader fault... And that was not the case :(

Installing devil kernel cause continuous theme app crashing..

Tested on 7 time rom installation from scratch

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
Booting forever - you did not factory reset the device. Press 3 buttons, get back into Recovery, reset the data+cache+dalvik, then reboot.

i had to switch to Philz recovery from tra 2.6.3.1 Because i had aokp booting logo running forever.... Before changing the recovery i change bootloader as a stupid and putted the mj5 with warranty bit stuff sinceramente i thought it was bootloader fault... And that was not the case :(

Installing devil kernel cause continuous theme app crashing..

Tested on 7 time rom installation from scratch

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello there,

I've been building AOKP Kitkat-Images for a while and thought I might share them with you.

As always flash the ROM first, then gapps and don't forget to do a factory reset.
    No Guarantees but for me it works like a charm, see screenshots below.

Built using official AOKP sources

For recent changes visit: http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/status:merged,n,z

Download

Google Apps
    Hey,

first let me say thanks for your interest and yeah, I've tried nearly all of them but on AOKP I haven't noticed the issue with the camera so far and I've been using it for about a week now.
    On a previous build the UI crashed after a while but that hasn't happened after the build on the 1st anymore, interactions are very fluent and there is no noticable lag. As to how bluetooth in a car works I can't say much, for music I myself use an Anker bluetooth 4.0 headset and that works fine. Hope that info helped.
    With an app like Root Explorer you could edit
    Code:
    /system/build.prop
    and change
    Code:
    ro.sf.lcd_density=210
    to 320 again
    Hello there,

I've been building AOKP Kitkat-Images for a while and thought I might share them with you.

Thanks for taking the time to share your builds. Unfortunately I am way too busy to maintain builds on xda, I'm glad someone with a passion for building roms took over the AOKP business. Good luck!

:good:
    Hi mate,
    why?
    there are no great updates in AOKP at moment. Only one nightly from 08/02 but all what is important is Rom included
    many regards

sent with my phone/sorry for my bad english

It's been a busy week at work and I had to replace my harddisk but they made some further changes to the Camera today and some minor changes, I'll compile an update later.