Trading in S3 on EDGE Program--Question About Root

Search This thread
Hey guys quick question. I think I am going to be trading my S3 in today to get the new HTC One on the EDGE program. My question is my S3 is rooted and running a custom ROM (CleanROM 8.1). Do I need to un-root and put stock ROM back onto the S3 when handing in the phone through the EDGE program? Thanks!

kittysomerville

Mar 25, 2014
Hey guys quick question. I think I am going to be trading my S3 in today to get the new HTC One on the EDGE program. My question is my S3 is rooted and running a custom ROM (CleanROM 8.1). Do I need to un-root and put stock ROM back onto the S3 when handing in the phone through the EDGE program? Thanks!

I'd love to see an answer to this question myself. I was going to do the same thing. The only difference is I have the stock ROM just rooted.

To be on the safe side and not get a called later on by vzw. I suggest to Unroot and put stock image on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks...If they did call you what would they say and would there be any repercussions? I didn't give them my S3, I had an old HTC Rhyme lying around (my girlfriends old phone) lol...It was rooted as well but stock ROM. I was to lazy to un-root it so I gave it to them rooted. I wonder what Verizon even does with phones traded in through EDGE?

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013
Thanks...If they did call you what would they say and would there be any repercussions? I didn't give them my S3, I had an old HTC Rhyme lying around (my girlfriends old phone) lol...It was rooted as well but stock ROM. I was to lazy to un-root it so I gave it to them rooted. I wonder what Verizon even does with phones traded in through EDGE?

Worse case give it back to you. Since i haven't read about edge cant tell u wat is ACCEPTABLE and wats not. Depending hows the quality of the fone they probably fix them recertified them. Resell as use or us as replacement wen ppl have a warranty claim.

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012

Does VZW offer anything for the S3? If not and it's unlocked the dev community and a ton of members would love to get there hands on one

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To be on the safe side and not get a called later on by vzw. I suggest to Unroot and put stock image on.